Supra Recognition?

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Hey,

Saw this post on another board and got me thinking. When you all are you in your Supras (be it MK1, 2, 3, or 4), do you wave at other supras? Furthermore, they wave back? Pointless post, probably...

-J

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I wave, but very few local guys with MkIIIs are enthusiasts. I don't think they "get it".
I think maybe two guys on base actually have mods, and they wave. One has a brown 87-88 in EXCELLENT condition. The other has a burgundy one, forgot the year, but it has some sort of funky sticker/trim along the body that I have seen on another MkIII in the past.

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Heh, I think I know EXACTLY what funky trim you're talking about...

there aren't many mk3's in town, but some old dude, probably in his 50s with a tan 87-88 waved the other day to me. I looked at him like he was from another planet... :confused: Yes I was very very slow that day...

-J

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
I've never actually seen another Supra of any gen well driving my old car, well around here anyways. I know there is this older guy that has a really nice white '88 turbo, I really need to talk to him again. Last time I did it was for like 2 minutes, and hopefully next time I'll have my car.

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Damn, wish I had some mk3s around here, I've had more non-supra cars ask what the hell is up than anything else surprisingly :p

Furball

Yes, I play Halo
Apr 2, 2005
Merced, CA
Yup, I wave. I have had several people wave, flash fogs, nod, ect...to me. The biggest bummer is that this guy that lives up the street from me who owns a mkiii doesn't even look at me. He won't even make eye contact. I've tried several times to wave at him, but he always looks away. I don't know what's wrong with him.

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
siman said:
I lift up my shirt and yell " wooo hooo"...
LOL I hope you have a targa, that would make it funnier.

Furball said:
Yup, I wave. I have had several people wave, flash fogs, nod, ect...to me. The biggest bummer is that this guy that lives up the street from me who owns a mkiii doesn't even look at me. He won't even make eye contact. I've tried several times to wave at him, but he always looks away. I don't know what's wrong with him.
Maybe to him & in his mind it is not a big deal. He may see it as wearing the same shoes (in his mind). Or he may not work on it himself & makes it less of a big deal to him.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
All the guys that I have seen in person, not only do they talk to me or stop by, but they have also given me their numbers or offered to help me out in one way or another.
I met this one guy with a 1988 Red NA targa (just like mine, but mine is turbo & has the wing) at Hampton Beach (5 hours from my house) and he chatted with me for about half an hour. I thought his car was mine as I rollerbladed by it at first & said to my self "how the hell did my car get here!!!" lol

Actually, I am trying to find one guy that became friends with me that has a white package 89 turbo. His name is Chris & now lives not 3 blocks away but 10 miles away in Albany, NY. I lost his new number & e:mail:(
I am sure he used to post here or SF because he mentioned that before I got on. Anyone know him? He invited me to Vegas with him to a meet once, so someone has to know him or user name.

EDIT:

I should have mentioned that I also talk to MKII people if I should see them.
This one MKII owner was parked outside of AutoZone & I was driving the Corolla when I met him. Well he was very friendly when I told him I was a Supra fan & that I had the MKII & now the MKIII.
I never met any MKIV or MKI owners, but if I did I would definitely wave or engage in a conversation.

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
hm, in the past 2 years that I own my MKIII, I've seen a total of 4 other MKIIIs (no MKIIs or MKIVs) on the street.... and by the time I realised they were Supras (and not 8-series BMWs which are much more common here), it was too late to wave at them :p

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
Furball said:

awww you sound so sad. :icon_razz

csr ma71

rooftop sniper
Apr 2, 2005
bay area
www.angelfire.com
I usually wait until they do a right or a left hand turn and then honk like crazy. Or if it's at night I highbeam when I'm right behind them and act like I'm about to pass them up by driving in the middle of road.