supra or 240

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
Why not try a mk2 supra,they're cheap,easy/forgiving to drive,good looking,and reliable cars.And if you want to mod down the road there are many options for it

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
240 i wish i would've went with a 240 before I bought my supra now i cant afford to fix the damn thing well to what i want anyway. there is only 2 or 3 240's around here but the only mk3's are mine and my dads there used to be a 1346 crank hp mk4 in the town next to me it was a show car dude is loaded but he totaled it rarity is supra's tho but reliabe get something other than a supra or get a perfect condition mk3 like rebuilt and new hoses everywhere you'll thank me later

91supran/a

Offical BAMF!
Dec 10, 2007
Sterling, Virginia, United States
i bought my supra as my first car yeah its non turbo but its fast enough to kill ya as is anything and i remember the first time the rear came out in the rain i almost shit myself o wait i did. luckily i countersteerd and let off some and got it back.

EthanMKIII

Nov 5, 2008
Vancouver
Back when i was looking for my first car i asked myself the same question. I knew i wanted a two door Rwd car. I originally wanted a 5.0L or a V8 Camaro but i knew i would crash it. American cars are made to go fast in a straight line there good at it too, shame they can't stop. So pretty much my options were a 240zx or a Supra. I leaned towards the supra because it has more of a muscle car feel plus the targa option and a turbo was to good to over look. I bought the supra and i'm luvin it, turns out my best bud bought a 240sx the day after i showed up at his house with my supra. He lt me drive it its a quick little car but it would never hit 240km/h :p

Have u looked into 300zx? there the best of both worlds. Even a N/A has 220 Hp

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
you can go die in any car you want. for real. its not like you cant die in certain cars.

first car? something slow. beaterly. wait a couple years and get a supra

supraracer49

3rd Gen Life
Nov 20, 2006
WNC
Please don't get a supra for a first car. Did a 1jz swap on my first one and it was my second car and I almost died in it. I've had two supras and now have the S14 thats for sale. But I've learned my lesson long ago and now drive like a handicapped grandma. I would recommend a 240. Better gas mileage. S14 is a lot more modern designed, way better gas mileage, cheaper insurance, still rwd, lots of advantages for a new driver

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
^+1

My bolt on 7M supra had enough power to scare the living shit out of me when i first drove it around. Spun out in the intersection a dumb mistake on my part luckily my reflexes were quick enough and i recovered. I learned from that and learned to respect the car.

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
so chowder..

you bought a 1j swapped car? whats done to it already? how did you acquire it? who did the swap, how long ago and how many miles are on the chassis/motor? is it auto or 5 speed?

how old are you man? not to sound condescending but i just wanna know who im talking to here..

a_chowder1990

Nov 21, 2008
bellevue, washington
zambini;1206930 said:
so chowder..

you bought a 1j swapped car? whats done to it already? how did you acquire it? who did the swap, how long ago and how many miles are on the chassis/motor? is it auto or 5 speed?

how old are you man? not to sound condescending but i just wanna know who im talking to here..

i am 18 and it is a 5 speed, it has a single garrett t3/t4 turbo and alot of other stuff which i dont know by heart, umm it was done by jnianekeo, and i payed for it, it has got 60000 miles on the engine and 172000 on the chassis i believe oh yeah and it is a custom exhaust

Last edited: