supra or 240

Supra Ev

Nov 25, 2008
Oakville, Ontario
a_chowder1990;1196629 said:
hey ppl wats up i am trying to figure out if i should get a mk3 supra or a 240 i am a first time driver and i am tryibg ti decide some one help!!!!!!!!!

hmm..... well 240s are prone to frame rust, which makes the car toast, so unless you find one that go rust checked, or really clean and in you're budget (not likely) but possible, go nuts.

Mk IIIs well take a look around, me personally, I don't know about the flaws in a MKIII, other than I hear of broken head gaskets alot. I'm into mk II supras myself and it is my first car. Personally I'd go with a supra, 240 is what everyone wants, and nobody wants rust, so all the good ones without rust are jacked up for prices (also because of the up-growing drifting world) so a MKIII is probably you're best bet and this forum is huge there are MK IIIs for sale everywhere just take a look at the for sale threads.

there is also a 240 I was looking at ( http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80985 )

Welcome and good luck with you're purchase.

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
If you don't have much money, don't buy a supra. they're not cheap to keep-up.

they have too much power for a first time driver in my opinion.

240s are cheap, dependable, and are a blast to drive around.

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
kabanimk3supra;1196655 said:
If you don't have much money, don't buy a supra. they're not cheap to keep-up.

they have too much power for a first time driver in my opinion.

240s are cheap, dependable, and are a blast to drive around.

He speak the truth. A stock 240 is dependable and fun to drive but still tame enough to learn in. They're cheap to mod down the road too.

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Supra or 240? You're on a Supra forum man, most people on here would vote for the obvious. Ask this question on a 240 forum and most likely you'll get the opposite response.

If money is not a problem, go with the MKIII.

Oh and uh welcome to the forums.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
I would recommend a 240 over a supra if this is going to be your first car. 240s are everywhere, and are much less expensive to maintain. Also, learn to drive in all weather conditions. The first time your ass end swings around your probably going to shit yourself, then hit a tree. Just get some driving experience before buying a supra.

Supra Ev

Nov 25, 2008
Oakville, Ontario
Actually....good points, forgot about the whole money thing, supras are really expensive to maintain most of the time, so find a good 240, and also as stated aftermarket is everywhere..

240 if you don't have to worry about $

supraGhost

Dec 14, 2007
PA
Supra28;1196779 said:
Supra or 240? You're on a Supra forum man, most people on here would vote for the obvious. Ask this question on a 240 forum and most likely you'll get the opposite response.

funny how not true this is^^

get a 240. when you have more money, more driving experience, and more car knowledge, then get a supra.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
it really depends on your goals.. tell us what you're looking for in your vehicle.. IE: power, handling, budget, expectations... luxuries?

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
a_chowder1990;1196629 said:
hey ppl wats up i am trying to figure out if i should get a mk3 supra or a 240 i am a first time driver and i am tryibg ti decide some one help!!!!!!!!!

I've had both. Well, my supra i've had twice and it hasn't been running most of that time so i can't vouche for that too much. But I've had 1 DOHC KA 240 and 3 SOHC KA 240's. The most fun car you can ever get. Reliable for the most part too. The 91+'s have timing chain rattle wich isn't that big a deal but your open to a ton of swap options. I love the 240 as a light weight, easy to control, pretty quick, fun car. And the Supra's just my go fast Monster. All depends on what you want the car for or intend on doing to it. Both are GREAT cars.

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
wtf i am eyond confused why is everyone saying 240?:1zhelp:

i love my mkiii its built like a tank my engine starts on a dime and it has more torque than most cars i dare say good on gas when you shift before 3 grand..but be warned make sure you have at least 1 grand sitting around when you first buy the car its a 20 yearold car and will need some matienence one way or another.

get a supra you wont regrett it

on the other hand 200sx s15:love:i might have said it wrong lol

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
S15's are nice but they look like the had ought to have been powered by a Inline-6. They just look big compared to the S13 or S14. But im voting for Supra, ive driven both but my Supra has given me the most smiles. I love taking my friends for rides and they get all freaked out when the turbo starts to spool.

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
if you want a badass 240, my little brother is selling his.

It has an rb25det swap with a ton of mods, dyno tuned to 341bhp.

but then again, it's turbo and expensive to keep-up.

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
supraGhost;1196891 said:
funny how not true this is^^

get a 240. when you have more money, more driving experience, and more car knowledge, then get a supra.

As much as I hate to say this but, you're right. I thought people would vote for the Supra on here but :dunno:.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
First car? Something dirty cheap that you wouldn't care about if you crashed and all you need to do is change the oil/filters/plugs. After a year or 2, then start looking into another car.