Supra Love.

Nalleywhacker

Formerly gnarkill87
Oct 2, 2006
chattanooga,TN
What is it about these cars that we just cant get enough of? Iam only 20, ive owned three supras and nothing else, iam always thinking of selling the one i have, iam allways thinking of getting into some other car, but at the end of the day i wouldnt rather have any other car than my supra.

So Lets hear why you love your supra and why you choose to drive a supra and not something else!

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Well hell! I'm 33 years old I have loved supras since I was 9, or so. I used to what inspector gadget on nickelodeon. I loved his gadget mobile. one day I noticed it looked a lot like the mkII. I been hooked ever since. Every supra that has come out since has been better than the last. They never took a step back on the designs. I own a mkIII now, But one day I hope to have a mkIV. I love supras:love: but My girlfriend hates them.:icon_evil. Oh well she'll have to get over it. It's a Passion that I really can't explain.

slowpra na-t

Permanently Banned
Oct 16, 2008
murrieta ca
it's the feeling, it's the sound.... the sound of the turbo when it starts to spool, the rev of the engine, the clouds of white smoke after doing a burn-out, it the knowledge that you could run from the charger cop, but to chicken to do so.......it's the rush man, it's the RUSH!

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
I don't know why, I can't explain it. The more time I spend with it though the more I love it. The more I spend on it though. Bitch. Takin all my money. What a whore, I love her though.

I'm not even going to lie, in my early teens I didn't even know about the mkiii supras. I just came across some pictures one day, I don't remember how, but it was on the net. I just loved them ever since. More than the MKIV, doesn't mean I still don't want one of them, but I'll always love the mkiii more and that's why I have one.

The first one I bought, body was shit, 86.5 non-turbo hardtop, burgundy/burgundy, didn't start. Ended up parting it, bought another with a blown headgasket while I was parting it out, reason for the part out. Sold that one with a shitty body for this one. Body is great, interior is shit, another GE. But I love it and almost sold it and almost traded it once, couldn't do it.

In another two years, possibly three there's going to be a full restoration on it, plannign a jz swap this summer too.

I remember when I first drove it, I was like wow, this thing is a boat, the front is way out there. Never though I'd get used to it but here I am.

Like a lot of supra owners, I want at least a second one some day. Can't do everything you want to one supra, need another to fulfill my craving. I also want a mkii some day. The mkiv, well my brother is going to get one, I'll enjoy his.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
I got into the Supra the way that most young guys discover them...I was looking for a good first car, and had to have something Japanese, sporty, and reliable... (little did I know...lol) So I looked at the RX-7, Celica, and some others I won't mention lol. That's when I discovered the Supra...I had no idea they even existed before I saw an ad for an 87 Supra...

I went and looked at it, and thought it was perfect! So I bought my first car, which was a white, 87 Supra Non-turbo. Had a brand new interior, new AC system, and new paint. It was rear ended three days later. :( It was totalled, but I decided to keep driving it anyway, since I didn't have much choice at the time being in high school and all...

I then sold it, and bought an 87 Turbo...and the rest is history. :) I've owned my current Supra since 2005, and I just love it. I have a Mercedes C230 as a daily driver, and use the Supra as my fun car these days. I have put a ton of cash and work into it, and even though it has more issues than a newsstand, I still love it. My family doesn't understand why I like it so much, but I think they've realized that it isn't going anywhere, and decided to live with it at this point. :D

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
The smooth purr of the I6 / fully independent suspension down the highway with the WOT roar of boost + posi all in one package.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
My car has so many problems it's not even funny... oh well.

I bought my Supra last year. First car, just starting college and a new job (finally), needed a vehicle to get around. I was looking at a POS Probe that had far too many problems than was worth dealing with (realized that after getting the Supra), but now I'm starting to realize that the Supra has those problems, too. Overall, the car is clean, not too much rust, the only major rust is the front lip mounting brackets, the entire exhaust, and the spare tire well... it rusted through.

This car has been a headache and a nightmare at times, but I don't know why I love it... I think it's the power :evil2:

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
RazoE;1325042 said:
Because when I turn it on, it returns the favor...!!

this. :love::love::love:

and i wish i had kept this shirt... damnit..

l_ae0ab708ab51397c8d8125b8e741fedc.jpg

SuperNova

May 29, 2008
Grand Prairie, Texas
I can't really put my finger on it. I just like everything about it, they were ahead of their time. Hell, I haven't even put the engine in yet and I still love it. I've considered selling it many times these past few months, but in the end, I end up realizing how much I will enjoy this car, possibly as much as my Nova. They're just great cars.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Body lines (sleek, simple, and sexy), endless possiblity of things to do to it, and the fact that it's comfortable as hell. That, and I like being able to stuff an 11" tire in the rear and know I actually need every inch of it. It's a sick obsession and I love every minute of my incurable disease. I also love how it handles and how it feels and sounds when I hit the gas.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
The feeling, ive driven my friends 5.0 mustang which was way faster than my car and ive driven other cars too nothing gets me goin like goin threw the gears in my car..........even if its a 17 second pass! :p

I slam second and yell out the window "SECOND GEEEEEEEAAAAAR IT PULLLLLLLLLLSSSS" as im barely passing the soccer mom doing the speed limit in her dodge minivan.

In all seriousness tho i think these cars were WAY ahead of their time ive sat in numerous brand new cars that feel cheaper than my supra, it kinda disgusts me.