Supra Drive and Cruise

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Well, some stuff has come up. I had initially planned on Portland because there was a group of guys coming from Ontario, Oregon and I didn't want to make them drive too far. Now, they can't come. Most of everyone else who was planning on coming (which wasn't very many, to be honest) lives in Washington. Faye, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you are the only one so far from Portland, so Portland works perfect for you. My wife and I live on the northern part of Whidbey Island, which is about 30-40 miles (as the crow flies) south of Canada and Grim, it looks like you live even further north than we do. How opposed would everyone be to maybe meet up a bit further north than Portland? I have duty on Monday which I just found out about a couple days ago, so that kinda throws a wrench in my plans to stay there overnight after the meet. On top of this, I am driving the Supra to Vegas in October for the meet there. Anyway, what are your thoughts in this? I feel really terrible about not being able to make the original plan, because I don't want to be one of "those" people. I'm sorry guys. I'm open to ideas though.

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
I've been on the fence about this one for the last couple days actually as my Sabbath concert this weekend and then next weekend a girlfriend of mine will be visiting from Salem and that will be the weekend of this meet/cruise. The prospect of it being a little closer would be great but now I've developed a noise in the clutch area along with a very leaky R154 and LSD as well... Not sure I want to chance the long trip or a short one at this point, at least not until after I get the drive train sorted out with new seals and bearings... and while I'm in there I might as well upgrade some parts! Marlin Crawler and Wier Performance parts here I come!

tl;dr: Prolly not going to show for this cruise unless something miraculous happens...

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Well, I was thinking of maybe making it just a meet in the Tacoma or Federal Way area. Maybe we could just all meet at the usual place you guys meet in Federal Way and do a dinner or something. That sound good? I don't know that area at all, so what if we all met up in the early afternoon (like 2 pm) and maybe went for a bit of a drive. Grim, of you want to, we could rendezvous around exit 230 on I-5 around noon or so if that works. Oh, Bogwon, my trans started leaking like that as well, and it turned out that the drain plug had loosened up. Hopefully yours is something simple like that. Good luck!

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
How can you NOT be intrigued by the Red Door Meet? I have never been, but am very curious. I have wanted to swing by a couple times since it is literally just a few blocks from where I work, but I'd feel ashamed to show up in my beater :(

[video=vimeo;70759720]http://vimeo.com/70759720[/video]

(Not my video)

We need to make a decent Toyota showing!!!!! C'mon you guys!!

I've been taking videos here and there from our Federal Way meets. If you guys want to do the meet in Federal Way I'm down for that. Just keep me posted on the final date and time. If we want to make it a 21+ I know of a Retro Barcade down in Tacoma. All the games are like a quarter and the pinball machines are 50 cents. I have reason to believe PSTOC actually winds up going there from time to time.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Hey, how opposed would you all be to a mt ranier drive Sunday instead? I have duty the next day so I can't make it an overnight sorta trip. We could do lunch or dinner as well if people know good food joints down there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

suprasick

Hey look...a Supra!
Mar 17, 2006
Milton, Washington
So for those wanting to drive to Portland my wife and I will be meeting at the Del Taco in Federal Way (34528 16th Ave S Federal Way, WA) @ 10:00am on Sunday September 1st.

From there we will be heading to Import Face off in Woodburn, OR. We should be arriving there roughly @ 1:00pm, the event runs till 6:00pm. Here is their facebook page for the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/181698541999042/

After the event we will probably grab a bite to eat and then head to the Red Door Meet. Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/reddoorsmeet/

It should be a fun day! Any car make welcome!

Also let me know if you can show so I can get somewhat of a head count.

suprasick

Hey look...a Supra!
Mar 17, 2006
Milton, Washington
If I remember correctly you guys live near northshore? If that's the case lets meet at the new shell (Tahoma market) off of 99 in Fife its closer for all of us. LMK so I can change the post.

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
Oh, and for those of us Portlanders not hardcore enough to make the pilgrimage up to Federal Way, will there be a stop in the Portland area where others can meet up and join the cruise down to Import Face Off?? :D