Supra and GSX Fun

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Nice! I would have liked to do this on Christmas lol
That Cop at the end... lol man... that brings back a memory of what happened last year.

I got a local buddy that has a pretty nice 1g DSM, that thing moves for whats done to it for the little bit of work that he has done to it. What bov do you have on your 7m? Sounds good tho, I'd like to drive it around :) I think I might be moving to an SC and picking up another Supra a little down the road. :(

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Supra28;1654654 said:
LMFAO! What kind of techno do you listen to?

Uh........I don't... ;)

carter;1654660 said:
What bov do you have on your 7m? Sounds good tho, I'd like to drive it around :) I think I might be moving to an SC and picking up another Supra a little down the road. :(

It's an HKS (Hong Kong Sport). He he...

What happened to your Supra?

supramk3speed;1654678 said:
That was a good video, looked like a lot of fun!

Thanks. It was nice to finally be able to drive the car after about a month or so of snow and related bad weather. I was jones-in bad for some boost! :)

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
CajunKenny;1654708 said:
It's an HKS (Hong Kong Sport). He he...

What happened to your Supra?)
I like the sound of it lol, sounds beastly to me ;)
90% of the way done, the only thing thats left to do is drop in the motor, pull the clutch from the trans and plug everything up. But :3d_frown: I have no money. I need a driver taillight, center, tags and fluid, which I don't have the money for any of that.

So I'm left with no way of getting around and its startin to get pretty bad around here. So a guy is gonna trade me an auto 92 SC300. I'm not thrilled about the auto part, but what can ya do... I need money and a car to get back and forth to a job, so I'm gonna have to let the supra go for now. If I can talk a local into it, I'll be back in an 88 with forged interials but I don't know how things will go down.

If I can find somewhere thats willing to pay outside of 7-8 dollars an hour, I'll be picking up a DD and possible going Na-t in the SC... Or saving up for another supra and building it.

Its a rough spot because I've been holding onto the supra hoping something would come along and I could pick up the money to finish the supra. But every little bit of money I get hasn't left the house:cry:

So I'll have to let me supra dream go for a lil bit, but no worries I'll be back.

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
CajunKenny;1654904 said:
Sad story Carter. I wish you the best. At least you're going with an SC and not a Honduh! ;)

Yea, I'd rather not be in a Honda. I'll sit comfy in the lexus till I figure out, if I'll get another Supra or Na-t the SC. Either way, ya can't really go wrong. I'll still have a spare 7m to put together if anything so we'll see.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
carter;1655065 said:
Yes it would sir:naughty:

so very jealous now. I've been looking for one for over a year now. I've looked on Yahoo Japan, exchanged emails with a few importers, talked to Fizz Autosports, etc and nobody can get them or find them >_<

It would go well with my Sheepdog exhaust >_< lol

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
I'll send you a link to one you can buy, I bet you looked everywhere but the one place. I also found another one local I'm thinking about picking up. $35 dollars for another one ;) I'll take it And where the hell you find a sheepdog exhaust? I know those are rare as blitz bag turbos now.

Pm sent, take a look... pick it up if ya want, there nice bov's i like mine alot... Its deff gonna stay with me in the SC

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
carter;1655138 said:
I'll send you a link to one you can buy, I bet you looked everywhere but the one place. I also found another one local I'm thinking about picking up. $35 dollars for another one ;) I'll take it And where the hell you find a sheepdog exhaust? I know those are rare as blitz bag turbos now.

Pm sent, take a look... pick it up if ya want, there nice bov's i like mine alot... Its deff gonna stay with me in the SC

I picked it up off of a buddy in Chicago. Got it for 50 bucks ;)

I've got pictures of it in another thread that I'll link you to in PM.

OP: Sorry for minor thread jack. On topic though, great runs!

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Not sure if my memory fails me, but you said you have a JT62?

Either way, the turbo looks and sounds like it comes on pretty smoothly

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Your memory is still sharp! :) Yep, I'm running the JT62. It does come on smoothly. I'm coming from the 20g which is almost violent!

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
You mean like 200rwhp jump at 500rmps? Whats wrong with violent??? It reminds me of driving a mustang because people in the passenger seat seem to think your are going faster than you are lol. I rememeber thinking I was going to get smoked by my friends fox body, early TQ plays tricks on you lol. Lets just say I beat him by like he stole something, but his car feels like it should be faster. What kind of power are you making in the video mid 300's? I want to see how those JT's are at 20-24psi.....

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
At 14psi and above, the 20g would throw the car sideways. TQ rocketed up from 3k to 3.5k rpm and would just boil the tires. Sure, fun in it's own right; but, also a little scary. ;)

At the time of this video, my tune was really fat. 10.2 afr's. So, yeah I was around 350 whp.

20-24 psi is coming real soon! ;)

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
CajunKenny;1655587 said:
At 14psi and above, the 20g would throw the car sideways. TQ rocketed up from 3k to 3.5k rpm and would just boil the tires. Sure, fun in it's own right; but, also a little scary. ;)

At the time of this video, my tune was really fat. 10.2 afr's. So, yeah I was around 350 whp.

20-24 psi is coming real soon! ;)

This I'm excited for ;)

I love playing on the Highway like that, I am surprised he was keeping up though...but I know you really don't beat on your car either. I love the sound of a good 7m!

Thanks for sharing!

Mr. 7M-GTE

Oct 19, 2010
Houston, TX
This was a great vid! Gotta agree with Supra0089, nothing beats the sound of a good 7M! I can't wait till mine is up and running again, I've just started to pull the head...installing a MHG and new ARP's. As soon as that's outta the way I'll begin with the A/F calibration. Well Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Supra0089;1655699 said:
I love the sound of a good 7m!

Mr. 7M-GTE;1655901 said:
This was a great vid! Gotta agree with Supra0089, nothing beats the sound of a good 7M!

Thanks a lot guys! It was a lot of fun!

The next vid will be in the 20 psi range. So that JT62 should really be singing then! ;)