Supra and GSX Fun

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Yes, they are AWD. Our cars are just about even with his boost at 19 psi and my boost at 16 (360 whp).

My setup:
16 psi - 360 whp
JT62 Turbo
Weight - 3570
Typical Build

His setup:
19 psi - 290 AWHP
16g Turbo
Weight - 3200?
Typical DSM Build

It was a great comparison and made for a great drive! :D

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
damn they weight 3200? thats heavy for a little ass car lol...there's 1 by my grams house he always pipes me when he drives by hes got hks bov....

so you have a 7m..?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
dubsupra209;1653832 said:
damn they weight 3200? thats heavy for a little ass car lol...there's 1 by my grams house he always pipes me when he drives by hes got hks bov....

so you have a 7m..?

I was talking to a buddy tonight and he was thinking that they weigh closer to 3000 lbs...?

Yep, I'm 7M.

mk3tattoos;1653861 said:
dam looked like fun! he did have one hell of a launch.....

your car sounded gooood!

Thanks. I typically mount the camera outside the car and you can't hear anything but wind noise. Mounting it inside was a nice change.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Idk they awd so its got added weight. A lot from just awd alone.

you car sounds sick tho.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
nice run! but yes the awd system does add quite a bit of weight. im not sure if its like the old awd talon and eclipses that run a fwd setup with a transfercase mounted between the tranny and a a cv axle with a driveshaft to a rear end. and i lold at his fart can muffler at the light. very nice car and a nice way to kill some time.

i have a rx7 that does this to me all the time...

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
That looked like a lot of fun, thanks for not putting music on while recording. The car did sound sweet.

And that damn cop made me LOL...Although, he probably had a purpose at the time (I mean, you and your friend WERE speeding haha), it seems like they speed and turn on the sirens just because they can! Annoying at times...

djordan97

Apr 14, 2006
Kennewick WA
just pulled this off wikpedia about the gsx Hatchback AWD: 3,269 lb (1,483 kg)

now mine is actually a bit lighter because I have the 3 inch exhaust which is like the supra's and is significantly lighter than stock as well as I have no ac. no outer coil no compressor no lines and hoses under the hood. and yes the awd set up is like the earlier ones fwd style tranny with a transfercase on the back. it's full time 50/50 power distributution. if yah have other questions about it ask away and I'll answer as I can, if I don't know the answer I'll do my best to find out.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
djordan97;1654631 said:
just pulled this off wikpedia about the gsx Hatchback AWD: 3,269 lb (1,483 kg)

now mine is actually a bit lighter because I have the 3 inch exhaust which is like the supra's and is significantly lighter than stock as well as I have no ac. no outer coil no compressor no lines and hoses under the hood. and yes the awd set up is like the earlier ones fwd style tranny with a transfercase on the back. it's full time 50/50 power distributution. if yah have other questions about it ask away and I'll answer as I can, if I don't know the answer I'll do my best to find out.

yey for working a junk yard pulling these things apart!