street racing bust in the local paper

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
wow cops are running outta shit to do.. i heard up here if you get caught street racing you go to jail and get car impounded, second offense is car crushed..

all i have to say is fuck them popo's

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
In Mansfield Ohio, they really don't do to much. Truthfully its one of them deals where everybody comes out on saturday night, so the police come out. Friday the cops come out a 11 to kick people out of a couple of the parking lots. And on sunday, no cops...

Its the same spot every week, same people, maybe a couple new faces but those are usually honda owners that think its cool to race everything around.

Just throwin my home town out there, in CA i hear its bad, getting tickets just for being there. But here, on a good night, there's people everywhere and don't get in trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mansfield+ohio+park+ave+&search_type=
The only time it got in the paper was when two people died on bikes. Look at the link there from people who hate goin out, but for some reason there out there...

Carter, J.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
FIL;1187905 said:
the stats the government love to quote would have you beleive that if you go 20mph over the speed limit, YOU WILL DIE.

They would then race at speeds up to 150 mph on the 14-mile stretch through Forsyth into Winston-Salem, Stone said.

150-20= 130

Hmmm... the speed limit in indiana is 55... thats less than half what it is there. Blowing through stop lights... Nah. It's cool. let 'em be. I wouldn't mind one of them plowing into the side of my wifes car while she was on her way home with my son. It's fine. I'm sure you wouldn't mind the same thing happening to someone in your family either. After all, boys will be boys.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
mkiiSupraMan18;1188048 said:
150-20= 130

Hmmm... the speed limit in indiana is 55... thats less than half what it is there. Blowing through stop lights... Nah. It's cool. let 'em be. I wouldn't mind one of them plowing into the side of my wifes car while she was on her way home with my son. It's fine. I'm sure you wouldn't mind the same thing happening to someone in your family either. After all, boys will be boys.

I don't think they where racing on the streets, US 311 looks barren on google maps/street view.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Oh. So US311 is a designated drag strip then?

They deserve whatever they get. That's a risk you run for doing stuff like this. Funny that a entry fee of less than $50 could let them race all night w/o problems, not to mention they'd get to keep their cars and would save a ton of money in the long run.

I couldn't even imagine doing 150 racing someone on the streets... and blowing through stoplights? F*ck that.

They did it and got caught. Sucks to be them. Hopefully they'll learn that there's more to life.

*edit*
Do you think someone pulling off a side road onto this is expecting a car to be coming at them at triple the speed limit? Anything short of a NASCAR cage and a lot of people are in for a world of hurt.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
The thing is everyone speeds, and we all race from time to time from a stop light, hell I went at it with an RX-7 at 6:30 this morning...

the problem here is roads are shut down by these people and they feel like it's okay to do 1/5th the speed of sound. It's not okay, because everytime I hear someone say "I race there because there's never anyone there." I'm sure one day someone else is going to think the same thing, and BLAMMO....

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
mkiiSupraMan18;1188063 said:
Oh. So US311 is a designated drag strip then?

They deserve whatever they get. That's a risk you run for doing stuff like this. Funny that a entry fee of less than $50 could let them race all night w/o problems, not to mention they'd get to keep their cars and would save a ton of money in the long run.

I couldn't even imagine doing 150 racing someone on the streets... and blowing through stoplights? F*ck that.

They did it and got caught. Sucks to be them. Hopefully they'll learn that there's more to life.

*edit*
Do you think someone pulling off a side road onto this is expecting a car to be coming at them at triple the speed limit? Anything short of a NASCAR cage and a lot of people are in for a world of hurt.

Most tracks around here its like $15 a night to race, but aside from all that, the police love to blow things out of proportion to make themselves look good. Granted I am in no way advocating that these people should be racing. I'm just saying, don't read into what police tell reporters.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
well, it is a problem, i see it everywhere i go.

in the last week, i have ben almost hit twice.

first was in phoenix, fox body mustang, vs Evo. the evo might have pulled it off, but he had to lock it up to avoid my trailer. that one would have been ugly

the second time was in dallas fri night. wasn't a race, but a mk3 was doing some seriously stupid shit on 35w northbound. damn near took me out in my personal car, almost rearended a guy on the shoulder changing a flat tire. and changing lanes ass first. in very heavy construction traffic...i won't describe the car in detail, this asshole could very easily be reading this right now. and i'm not one to call someone out..

and btw, why do they always bring out the f&f crap? I mean there are better movies outh there...why not say Two Lane Blacktop, American Grafiti, or shit...even Grease?

Last edited:

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
^ Shoot. All that BS and in CONSTRUCTION?!

I'd be calling someone out so they could get their ass chewed, and being in construction it should be double just like their fine would be.

But I'm an asshole.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
mkiiSupraMan18;1188193 said:
They should. They protect me and you and don't make nearly enough for what they do.

The good ones do, then there are the ones who do more harassment than they do anyone good.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Guys, I see the validity of the 'don't race on the street' viewpoint.

However, there needs to be some balance. The punishment should fit the crime.

They are talking about revoking their driver's licenses and impounding their cars. For a group of people that hasn't had an accident. I don't give a damn how fast you drive, as long as you can do it safely, that should be fine. Hell, I don't even care if it's safe, as long as the only person you are risking is yourself.

This BS of lawmaking based on what *might* happen is out of hand. Show me a victim, and I'll show you a crime. There is no victim in this case.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
To me, there's a BIG difference between doing a pull through 3rd and 4th on an open, empty stretch of highway under ideal circumstances... and stopping traffic on major roads so that idiots can blast around with blatant disregard for the public.

Street racing wouldn't be under fire from every direction if the morons that do it knew the definition to the word 'subtlety'. Street racing has been going on since the beginning of the motor car... only now is it a problem because a [seemingly] large majority of people doing it have no respect for the law, police, or the public.

The issue of street racing being a problem isn't so much street racing itself but rather how it is conducted and where. Blowing down mainstreet through red lights, anywhere, is completely unacceptable under any circumstances. IMHO, I think this problem really boils down to the lack of common sense in the general public. And by General Public, I mean both those doing the organized street racing and those criticizing it. Let's face it, common sense dictates if you put a bunch of cars drag racing around on public streets in a town, it's only a matter of time before someone gets killed somehow, no matter what time of night they're doing it.

I guess what I'm saying is that in my opinion, there's a difference between rowing a gear or two down an empty highway with your buddy and lining up races on main street. Subtlety and common sense are the former, blatant disregard for other people's safety seeths from the latter.

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
GrimJack;1188221 said:
Guys, I see the validity of the 'don't race on the street' viewpoint.

However, there needs to be some balance. The punishment should fit the crime.

They are talking about revoking their driver's licenses and impounding their cars. For a group of people that hasn't had an accident. I don't give a damn how fast you drive, as long as you can do it safely, that should be fine. Hell, I don't even care if it's safe, as long as the only person you are risking is yourself.

This BS of lawmaking based on what *might* happen is out of hand. Show me a victim, and I'll show you a crime. There is no victim in this case.

+1

Crushing cars is a bit extreme...
street racing is so opinionated so its going to be a fueled discussion. then again...

ALSO how spectators can serve up to 60 days jail time and 1,000 dollar fine.. WTF is that shit?!?!?

street racing usually ends up anywhere from 50-200 deaths a year.

while DUI Fatality goes anywhere from 15,000-20,000 a year.
California has the most, at 1,500-2,000 per year, while street racing is in the single digits.

Its time for the cops to find something usefull to do, to earn my tax dollars..

It doesnt make any sense that street racing has more HARSH punishments then DUI's

i have never driven drunk, and never will.

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
Nomad707;1188241 said:
+1

Crushing cars is a bit extreme...
street racing is so opinionated so its going to be a fueled discussion. then again...

ALSO how spectators can serve up to 60 days jail time and 1,000 dollar fine.. WTF is that shit?!?!?

street racing usually ends up anywhere from 50-200 deaths a year.

while DUI Fatality goes anywhere from 15,000-20,000 a year.
California has the most, at 1,500-2,000 per year, while street racing is in the single digits.

Its time for the cops to find something useful to do, to earn my tax dollars..

It doesn't make any sense that street racing has more HARSH punishments then Duo's

i have never driven drunk, and never will.

+1 Ive seen drunk drivers get DUIs 5+ times here in FL and they are still driving on the roads, good example my friend was hit by a drunk pregnant women... yet after only your first or second offense of "street racing", i do the "" because some ppl have a harsh look at what street racing is, like everyones been saying 3RD and 4Th compared to a big crowed. like i said before, get rid off all the drunk drivers, rapist, child molesters, ect... then we can worry about the "street racers"

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
aaaah amen dude.. my good freind was hit by a drunk driver and had almost a quarter of his brain removed, right leg amputated, and he didnt remember ANYTHING prior to the wreck, he had to relearn EVERYTHING...

They need to get the priorities straight.

P.S.

The man was out of jail in 6 months and still has his D.L.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
A bigger danger to people and property is the Muppet Drifters sliding around in traffic and populated areas.....

This current fad is downright dangerous as most of these kids don't have a clue.

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
Nomad707;1188276 said:
aaaah amen dude.. my good freind was hit by a drunk driver and had almost a quarter of his brain removed, right leg amputated, and he didnt remember ANYTHING prior to the wreck, he had to relearn EVERYTHING...

They need to get the priorities straight.

P.S.

The man was out of jail in 6 months and still has his D.L.

That's fucked up. We should try to get an initiative movement going so we can change that.