street racing bust in the local paper

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
I hate street racers. A run here and there I can understand but if you can go through the trouble of arranging a meet for that many cars you can make the effort to drive to a track. If they were stupid enough to arrange the meets so regularly that the police could infiltrate them then they deserved it twice!

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
"The vehicles involved in the racing include a sport-utility vehicle, six Ford Mustangs, a BMW, a Pontiac Firebird, Chevrolet Camaros and a pickup, Robles said."

With all the tracks that still exist.. in LA people just run.. if you're going to street race you miswell take your license plate off so they don't get you that way.. The cops don't really do anything because is its that large of a meet it's more dangerous because they split in every direction and some people aren't concentrated enough.. The only real problem is helicopters... an alternative are to legally close down streets weekly to allow people to met and race... anyways just my two cents I think its a same this happened the police should have something better to do.

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
Come up here to the communist province of Ontario where the media and the police come together to make street racers - or anybody going 50kmph(30ish mph) over the limit or spinning their tires(even in the rain) among many other vague interpretations of the "law", to be hardened criminals with STRICTER penalties than rapists and murderers.

Apparently, cops here are too lazy to solve all the shootings, that this was the province's plan to fool the public into believing that they're all out there making our communities safe. What a joke. Who would have thought that the once-communist countries would have more freedom now than traditionally "free" countries like canada and the US?

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
i was half tempted to leave a message going..... wow you guys must live in a safe area free of drugs, crime, rape, child molestors, drunk drivers, murders, shootings ect... to only have street racers left to tackel as your BIGGEST problem in the area... im sure. im not defending them but i think there are bigger problems to worry about.

and i agree with mc h... they are just trying to make themselves look better.

EDIT: i went ahead and left a comment:biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I didn't see it if it was posted, but did they say if their cars were going to be impounded, sold or crushed?

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
darkfox404;1187545 said:
I think its a shame this happened the police should have something better to do.
The police do have better things to do. Unfortunately at the time, a bunch of dipshits thought it would be cool to endanger peoples' lives.
benchwarmer;1187699 said:
These we not local police or sheriffs, it was the Highway Patrol.
Ahh, that explains it.:biglaugh: The Highway Patrol never have anything to do. They just stare at taillights all day. It's about time they did something useful.

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
you know what their real crime was? they were messing up the road toll statistics... the stats the government love to quote would have you beleive that if you go 20mph over the speed limit, YOU WILL DIE. these guys were clearly proving that wrong, and as such, they must be punished :p