Stolen Car Treads and forceful viewing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
To start with, I do think it is a really good idea of doing this type of thing, but at the same time I think that the "Supramania would like you to view this thread" thing should be regional and not the entire community.

Like I said, I do think its a great idea but Its a pain when I log in from my phone and I have to wait for it to load cause of pics and whatnot and it is not even remotely close to me that there is any possiblilty of me having any info about it. At the same time, I want to view it cause it could be in my area to where I could know something about it but I dont know that until I actually hit the click "here" link.

If it were atleast regional or state level, then it would save the time of waiting only to find out that it was clear across the country, or even in a different country for that matter.

I'll say it again, it is a great thing to do it, but I do feel sorry for people with low speed connections or are time limited and the odds that they could provide info for recovery is highly unlikely....

Anyone else have any input on this???

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Trust me you have no idea how it feels to have 2 cars stolen within 24 hours..

I appreciate everything Mike did for my girl and I..

I surf SM from my phone as well and it never takes more than a few seconds to load a page..

Please it only takes a minute or two for you to load up the top half of the page to see the location, or even just the title, as soon as you see it's not in your state, click the X on your browser and click on a different link..

2 minutes out of your life can help SM members recover their cars...

CordiaDOHC

Jan 14, 2009
St.louis
Hes just saying it should be regional. You live in Cali. He lives in FL.
Its just very unlikely that your car would turn up in FL or even MO in my case.
However Cali Wash Arizona etc would all be able to help you out and keep an open eye.

With that being said I do wish you the best luck of locating either the cars or information on who stole them. Remember when you find them dont kill them just blow off their hands. Will make it much harder to steal shit! :evil2:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
The vast majority of MKIII owners are on this site. If someone is trying to unload a stolen Supra, or sell parts off a stolen Supra, there's a good chance that the person would be on this site. This is something we'd do for any Supra owner to try to help keep our cars safe.

The parts or car could show up for sale anywhere. eBay, craigslist, some other forum. Anywhere. What we were hoping for is the helpful eyes and ears of the Supra community to step up, and help another community member who shares a common interest with you.

Some of us dedicate thousands of hours of our time, and thousands of dollars of our own money to offer a site like this up to help form a community of people. We ask that you keep your eyes open and return. If you are honestly so fucking self absorbed that this thread bothers you that much, get the fuck off the site. Really.

You people make me fucking sad.

Sad.

Also, how about posting this in the website suggestion and question forum as well? - if you're going to fucking whine, how about not being a pain and at least posting it in the right section...

God I despise you people sometimes.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
I think it's sad and pityful that 2 cars would be stolen in the same week let alone hours of each other, I think it's a good idea that all people should see it.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
It's not called the world-wide web for nothing.

Mike - "self absorbed" is an understatement...narcissistic is the term I would use. To the highest degree.

CJ - if this makes you feel like total crap because it points out you have little feeling or regard for the plight of others: I say what goes around, comes around. You might want to think about that.

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
Supracentral;1273280 said:
The vast majority of MKIII owners are on this site. If someone is trying to unload a stolen Supra, or sell parts off a stolen Supra, there's a good chance that the person would be on this site. This is something we'd do for any Supra owner to try to help keep our cars safe.

The parts or car could show up for sale anywhere. eBay, craigslist, some other forum. Anywhere. What we were hoping for is the helpful eyes and ears of the Supra community to step up, and help another community member who shares a common interest with you.

Some of us dedicate thousands of hours of our time, and thousands of dollars of our own money to offer a site like this up to help form a community of people. We ask that you keep your eyes open and return. If you are honestly so fucking self absorbed that this thread bothers you that much, get the fuck off the site. Really.

You people make me fucking sad.

Sad.

Also, how about posting this in the website suggestion and question forum as well? - if you're going to fucking whine, how about not being a pain and at least posting it in the right section...

God I despise you people sometimes.

Let's not forget how much of those thousands of hours and dollars go into our cars as well. (Or, maybe it's just me. :cry: ) And how often when we hear a weird new sound, or something goes wrong with our cars, how quickly we come to this community for answers. I only say we because I know how often I do it, and can't be the only one that does so.

So think about how often you would loading this site from your phone, if it were you car that was stolen. I was glad to see that when I popped into the site tonight, that I saw the thread again. As I thought that when I saw it the first time, it would only be a one-time deal. Things get quickly forgotten it seems when you only see it once.

Keep your eyes and ears open people, this car can still be found.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
The fact this thread exists makes me sad.

CJ - Wash the salt and sand out of your eyes and other areas of your body, and everyone agrees.

CordiaDOHC - Yea.... Your post is closed minded, and everyone will agree.

Example: Car is stolen in Northern California and shows up in Florida, or Car is stolen from Mexico and Shows up in the States.

This website is the number one 3rd gen supra site on the planet, and also has a strong social network, and the fact this thread exists makes me realize some of the people i deal with on here are plain douche canoes. (i'm not aiming this at anyone.)

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Agree x eleventy billion.

I wish there was a site like this based in Aus when my Supe was stolen.

Those of you whinging about it, you have NO fking idea what it is like to have your pride and joy stolen, let alone TWO of them. So HTFU.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
It is not like we are forced to view these threads all the time. Also it would be hard and time consuming to send the messages to just local members.

rameans23

Supra/Focus Owner
Aug 25, 2008
Indianapolis
www.inlandr.com
I think its a good thing that its being put out there for other people to see, regional or not, it shows that some people in the world still do care about others.

Sorry to hear about your losses man, I hope you guys find your cars. You never know where a car may turn up. I live in Indiana and my dad had a car stolen and it turned up in Iowa somewhere.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Dude, is it really that bad for you to have to wait an extra 2 seconds to get to where you want to in order to potentially help someone else? Are you that much more important than someone else that you can't even bother to look?

JustinGotA1j

Jan 28, 2007
Chilliwack
When I saw the first thread (also logging in from a cell phone) I thought it was a great idea. When I saw the second thread I got a little bit annoyed until I scrolled down and realised that it was the same person who had a car stolen but that it happened to a second vehicle. Once I realised this I just felt bad for Razoe and quite sympathetic to their situation. Good luck in recovering your girlfriends car and I'm glad you managed to find yours basically in one piece.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
FULL SUPPORT for the intelligent and thoughtful use of technology to make it more difficult for any of us to suffer the loss of our BLOOD, SWEAT, and MONEY!

It's our own "community lojack"!:biglaugh:

I hope information surfaces on your cars, and that they are recovered undamaged.

-crisp

x10secondzx2

I love you.
Nov 25, 2007
Viera, Florida
www.myspace.com
Not only are people fat ans lazy in real life.....they are lazy on the net too!

I live in Florida and have no problem looking at a thread for a whole 4 seconds of my life.

PS. Get a better phone! Or at least a better web browser. If you have a Window's based phone get Skyfire. Its free and pretty quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.