stock 1jz goes 13.3 with video

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
get aftermarkets seats, take out read seats, AND the sound deading under the rear seats as well as the sound deadening under the carpet.

I lost about 90 lbs by going aftermarket seats( i got the cheap supra specific kit from summitracing.com)

i also took out the deadening in the hatch area( under the spare tire flip board) in total ive removed about 55lbs of sound deadening and no noticeable difference in sound level ( except i can hear my walbro wine more =P)
spare tire is another 50 pounds, my pepboys special sub and amp combo took off another 35 lbs. and rear seats+ cushion takes away about 25-30 lbs. remove a bunch of easy stuff here and there and you can easily remove 300 lbs in a few hrs.

can you plz share what you did to remove the extra 200 lbs!!??

300zxpwns

Feb 1, 2009
texas
RockPaperSwoRD;1450185 said:
get aftermarkets seats, take out read seats, AND the sound deading under the rear seats as well as the sound deadening under the carpet.

I lost about 90 lbs by going aftermarket seats( i got the cheap supra specific kit from summitracing.com)

i also took out the deadening in the hatch area( under the spare tire flip board) in total ive removed about 55lbs of sound deadening and no noticeable difference in sound level ( except i can hear my walbro wine more =P)
spare tire is another 50 pounds, my pepboys special sub and amp combo took off another 35 lbs. and rear seats+ cushion takes away about 25-30 lbs. remove a bunch of easy stuff here and there and you can easily remove 300 lbs in a few hrs.

can you plz share what you did to remove the extra 200 lbs!!??

haha yes, the sound deadening material is a rediculous amount of weight for what it does.

i have removed the dash, both bumper beams, spare tire, ac, heater, and etc. It didn't have windshield wipers when i got the car, so i removed the wiper motor and trans as well. The bumper beams are where all the weight is. It weighed 3175 with a half a tank before, and after removing both bumper beams and dash with a full tank it was 3080.

pm me man if you would like to know or see pics. I see your in texas as well. :)

300zxpwns

Feb 1, 2009
texas
damn you all love to bash on me huh.
i know its not stock. very close though. SO i guess i should say stock twins 1jz run.

i went out and ran a good time and had a good day doing it, so thats what matters.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Nice times!

RockPaperSwoRD;1441843 said:
those mods are pretty close to stock, it justifies it.

then theres the vids and people though that have a car with a fat turbo, full bolt ons, nitrous etc. and they calll it a STOCK engine just because it doesnt have any internal work done. thats what pisses me off.

this car is pretty close to stock and better times than me running 18 psi on a 3450lb supra with a shitty 2.3 60 ft(13.5 at 107 mph)
if i had your 60 ft i coulda been in the 12s!

Technically, that is a stock motor..

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
images