Stinger thread....

macjac69

Supramania Contributor
Feb 5, 2007
Mississippi
GotTurbos?;1170599 said:
You can pull the tune by reading from the ECU, then saving the file. Then you have a save of the current tune.

What are the steps to do this?

Jay whenever u post up I might have to look at yours also.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
macjac69;1171144 said:
What are the steps to do this?

Jay whenever u post up I might have to look at yours also.

Get your laptop to connect to the stinger... once you have it connected it will say "do you want to read from the ecu?" Yes... you do. Read from it and save the file.

You can also do this at any time while connected by going to the menu up top and going ECU ---> Read from ECU. Pretty simple :)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I think he's trying to find another tune he had done a while back, and not the one that is on there right now. I doubt he can do what he's wanting to do. The guy that has his tunes on file won't return his phone call, so he's trying to find a way to retrieve it from his Stinger.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
suprahero;1171703 said:
I think he's trying to find another tune he had done a while back, and not the one that is on there right now. I doubt he can do what he's wanting to do. The guy that has his tunes on file won't return his phone call, so he's trying to find a way to retrieve it from his Stinger.

"Say I used someone else's laptop to dyno tune my car, is there a way to pull that tune from my Stinger using the software as I have a laptop now."

I think he just wants his current file on his own laptop.

gravesdu_99

Jun 30, 2007
Potsdam
Has anybody just taken there stinger to a tuner without a base tune done to it. I'm just worried about the set up properties. I'm not sure where some stuff should be set at. Thats why I was hoping that someone else could put there tune up or that aaron would do a complete instructional video on how to tune this thing. This is a very easy system to use, but when you've never used one before it is a little confusing and I'm still fuzzy on some stuff.

macjac69

Supramania Contributor
Feb 5, 2007
Mississippi
Yea,
I am actually just trying to get the tune that is on it now. Jay, it's the same one that we did in B'ham once I got my PNP harness problem fixed. Again I appreciate all the help guys.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
GotTurbos?;1171672 said:
Get your laptop to connect to the stinger... once you have it connected it will say "do you want to read from the ecu?" Yes... you do. Read from it and save the file.

You can also do this at any time while connected by going to the menu up top and going ECU ---> Read from ECU. Pretty simple :)

It's really simple. Do just like above post saids. You can call me if you have any questions at all.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
gravesdu_99;1171772 said:
Has anybody just taken there stinger to a tuner without a base tune done to it. I'm just worried about the set up properties. I'm not sure where some stuff should be set at. Thats why I was hoping that someone else could put there tune up or that aaron would do a complete instructional video on how to tune this thing. This is a very easy system to use, but when you've never used one before it is a little confusing and I'm still fuzzy on some stuff.

You are MUCH better off using a pre-made map for any other 1jz or 2jz setup, and just adjusting it for your engine. Having a dyno shop make a map from scratch would be waaaaay too time consuming and expensive. I just got a vvti 1jz car running on a 6860 running and completely drivable using a normal 1jz map, I just made a slight change to the fuel trim percentage and it was just fine tuning after that. The whole idea of trying to find a map for an engine with your exact setup is really unnecessary. All the normal 1jz cars are going to have basically the same timing map, same trigger and sensor settings, and the fuel map is going to look basically the same.

Last edited:

macjac69

Supramania Contributor
Feb 5, 2007
Mississippi
Aaron,
Does that base map theorum apply to modified cars ie: single turbos, bigger injectors and such?
Also I'm experiencing a fuel pressure drop when trying to turn up boost levels right now I running about 13 PSI but turning it up higer and my fuel pressure falls way low. I'm thinking I've got a restriction problem MAINLY that stock fuel pressure dampner(I guess that's what its called?) Exactly what does that thing do anyways?

Will that 1j bypass line u sell help me out?

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
macjac69;1176272 said:
Aaron,
Does that base map theorum apply to modified cars ie: single turbos, bigger injectors and such?
Also I'm experiencing a fuel pressure drop when trying to turn up boost levels right now I running about 13 PSI but turning it up higer and my fuel pressure falls way low. I'm thinking I've got a restriction problem MAINLY that stock fuel pressure dampner(I guess that's what its called?) Exactly what does that thing do anyways?

Will that 1j bypass line u sell help me out?

The only part of the map that will really change when you go big single is the rpm that the turbo spools and the amount fuel needed under boost. Tweaking a map from twins to single is not hard to do at all.

The way you described it, I don't think the dampener would be causing the problem, it's probably the pump, wiring to the pump, pump relay, or something like that. The dampener bypass hose alone would probably not fix your situation. The AFPR kit is a nice upgrade when you have a higher pressure/volume fuel pump. Depending on your size of injectors, the AFPR kit can be used in tuning also. You can get more out of stock injectors by raising the static fuel pressure from 38psi to around 50psi. If you are running a lot of boost though, bigger injectors are always recommended. Also, remember that changing any of these major items in the fuel system will require some tuning again, so it's best to try to do the basic upgrades at one time.

macjac69

Supramania Contributor
Feb 5, 2007
Mississippi
The setup I have should be good for up to 400 hp but it isn't Ive got your APFR kit, a T-60 turbonetics, 540 injectors and a walbro pump.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
5uprahboy;1182714 said:
bloody hell - what's up with the massive change in the fuel map from 19.22psi to 21.47??

I don't have it tuned that high up in the map. My boost cut is set at 18psi.

I haven't been able to tune it up there since my boost keeps falling off drastically at around six thousand rpms.