Stinger thread....

Justin727

T-virus infected
rakkasan;1011221 said:
LOL, I was thinking the same thing....

Are you running Stinger on your 7M? I'll help if I can.

no not as of yet still waiting for my maft pro to be SOLD!!!

Joe, I wasnt looking to borrow someones map with my setup because as far as I know there isnt anyone reporting with the same setup as I. Dunno if you were directing to me or just to say it to be known.

But when the time comes I would like to look at a map for some reference points.

As soon as the maft pro gets sold everyone will see more of me with the stinger!

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Justin727;1011393 said:
But when the time comes I would like to look at a map for some reference points.

Take it for what it's work, but start off by replicating you stock timing map. I didn't, and I wasted a lot of time & money

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Why do you have the idle speed turned off in the stinger? Couldn't it work with the "Use TPS" feature on, with your target idle speed?

BTW, THX for the map, I should have a stinger in by the end of summer, and your map will be an amazing base map for me (holset HX35 with 440s and hopefully machined JZA80 cams)

Last edited:

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
I've just gotten my JZA70 running on the 4424 Stinger...

Took a couple of days to get it running (well, evenings anyway), biggest struggle was the wiring loom, but nothing that can't be figured out by spending a bit of time reading the available literature....

Base map that comes with the V4 stinger is remarkably not cr*p... Not perfect by a long shot, but could be a lot worse...

The Tune Analyzer on the other hand... not sure if it's the latest version only, or whether they're all bad, but it loses the data it's saved very easily...

turbo joe

Aug 14, 2007
Corona, CA
www.turbojoe.com
Not sure why anyone would ever use a "tune analyzer" in the first place. Just tune it to where it drives right and you're 99% of the way there...and that takes maybe an hour or two.

Unplug the lambda sensor and go drive around. :)

Seriously...step back from the lambda...nothing to see here. Keep it below full throttle until you have the rest of the map done...THEN worry about lambda (a little) at full throttle (preferably on a dyno).

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
FIL;1037368 said:
I've just gotten my JZA70 running on the 4424 Stinger...

Took a couple of days to get it running (well, evenings anyway), biggest struggle was the wiring loom, but nothing that can't be figured out by spending a bit of time reading the available literature....

Base map that comes with the V4 stinger is remarkably not cr*p... Not perfect by a long shot, but could be a lot worse...

The Tune Analyzer on the other hand... not sure if it's the latest version only, or whether they're all bad, but it loses the data it's saved very easily...

The map that comes with the Stinger software is waaaaaay off, we had to make new maps from scratch for fuel and timing. Use one of our maps and make minor changes, it will be a lot less work in the long run.

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
bigaaron;1038391 said:
The map that comes with the Stinger software is waaaaaay off, we had to make new maps from scratch for fuel and timing. Use one of our maps and make minor changes, it will be a lot less work in the long run.

Cheers Aaron, I'll have a look at them....

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hey so i have a quick question about adding larger injectors and then tuning them. My question is say I go from the stock 1JZ injectors to the JDM 440's is it wise to adjust the injector time scale to compensate for the bigger injectors or just leave it be and adjust the fuel map. My understanding is that the injector time scale is used to get the engine running and then you tune the fuel map. So after you have a good idea where the fuel map should be do you readjust the injector time scale or do you leave it where you set it.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
10secdream;1040063 said:
Injector time scale is the length of time the injectors stay open.

If you're going from 380cc to 440cc, then drop the entire fuel map by 17% & adjust it from there. That *should* be right on the money.....

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
rakkasan;1043532 said:
If you're going from 380cc to 440cc, then drop the entire fuel map by 17% & adjust it from there. That *should* be right on the money.....

So in other words I should just worry about the fuel map and not about the injector time scale to adjust the map. Also shouldn't it be 14%?

turbo joe

Aug 14, 2007
Corona, CA
www.turbojoe.com
10secdream;1040063 said:
Injector time scale is the length of time the injectors stay open.

The Stinger doesn't have a base pulse width setting...it's not a VE-style system in that way (like Electrotive or FAST) . The fuel map (combined with the MAP scale and other multipliers) IS the time scale, the units just aren't in ms.

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
10secdream;1044985 said:
Thanks for your help guys.

time scale will affect you, what happens is the % of injector used is affected you may show 100% duty at full throttle when you are actually only say 70%

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
for my 550cc injectors i used say 60% then when i went up to the 1000cc injectors i used about 55% more time scale. If you change it after making a map the entire map is affected.