Spring MN Supra meet! Saturday April 16th

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
the rush of stupidity associated with new parts will come when i get a jz to put in this car..... then we will see what a stock 7m will put up with before going bang! that wont happen till next summer or later.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
i was suprised at how trouble free mine was to get out of storage. drove through the mud by the barn like a champ and only one of the tires was low on air(usually they all are near flat) looking like a good year so far

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
fixitman04;1697973 said:
i was suprised at how trouble free mine was to get out of storage. drove through the mud by the barn like a champ and only one of the tires was low on air(usually they all are near flat) looking like a good year so far

That's good news - didn't you end up with a BHG and Hail damage last season?

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
the block tester and the compression test showed it is not blown. still a lot of vapor in the exhaust though. im thinking i might have a sick turbo seal. this car has always had issues with coolant puking and disappearing. but it seems fine now. and yes i did get some significant hail damage....but i guess that goes with the tornado chasing....even if it wasnt being used in the chase i had one close enough to chase... gonna repair that mess when i get a chance. for now im gonna continue to run it till i get a 2j to stick in it or it pops. after two bhgs im not gonna mess with the 7m anymore. il just enjoy it till its done and put a proper engine in it

7mgangsta

Mar 19, 2011
St. Paul, MN
I'll for sure go with or without the supra and have wanted to check out suprasport for a while considering it's down the street from the house I grew up in haha. My 7m needs a afpr and feed line and wish it was running for the event because I've put a tremendous amount of work into it in the past couple months. It would be nice to chat with some real supra know how for a change (I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about)

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I'm aligning the Sup tonight so I will definately have a supra this year!!! WOO HOO :D
That said, it won't be tuned enough to have much fun, but it will be drivable nonetheless.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Still on the fence, about going down. Talking 40<50 degrees, cloudy, maybe snow flakes Friday-Saturday........ we'll have to see.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Mitch- if you need a ride you can tag along in my car- I'll be leaving a bit early to get stuff set up and such fyi

notsosimple1

Mar 3, 2011
MN
toyotanos;1698352 said:
Mitch- if you need a ride you can tag along in my car- I'll be leaving a bit early to get stuff set up and such fyi

Alright that would be great if it is not too much of a hassle for ya. I could meet at your place whenever you want to leave. I also have a buddy (Tyler) you might remember him cause he was with me when i bought the corolla from you, that wants to come down but he will be driving his lowered s10 to the meet.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Cool, we can meet at my place around 9:15- I plan to be there by about 10:00 to make sure things are cleaned up in the area.