Source for Rebuilt Differential or Shop that does Rebuilds?

jessetooslow

May 11, 2007
Tiverton, R.I.
yeah, their is no supras around, only 1 junkyard, but the car is stripped. I've wating to rebuild mine, but don't really wanna ship it out, just looking to see if any companies sell one complete.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
tsuper92;1130941 said:
what make's you think your diff is worn?isn't it a totally stock auto car?

what does that have to do with anything??

Supras are old cars...usually with high miles....diffs take a hell of alot abuse even in a stock car...90 percent of us could use a rebuilt diff...the gears maybe just fine...but I bet it needs shims!

lilazni3uoy

AEM Powered
Apr 1, 2005
NoRCaL and SoCaL
www.cardomain.com
if you want your differential rebuilt, you can send in your core and we could rebuild that, or we can rebuild one, and charge you a core charge until we get your old core back, either way we can set you up whichever gear ratio you need 3.73 3.91, 4.11, 4.30 we will rebuild the factory LSD with new clutches, New Pinion & Carrier Bearings, Crush Sleeve or (solid spacer) that is optional, Pinon Seal, side seals, everything to just have you unbolt your old one and bolt up the new one and fill it with oil, if you want to give us a call, call us tomorrow or anytime during the week we are open M-F 8 AM-5PM PST call Jeff @ Jaws and we will get one built for you

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
gaboonviper85;1130957 said:
what does that have to do with anything??

Supras are old cars...usually with high miles....diffs take a hell of alot abuse even in a stock car...90 percent of us could use a rebuilt diff...the gears maybe just fine...but I bet it needs shims!
i think his car has 130,xxx on the clock with toyota's weak ass auto putting power into it.diff's probably one of the last thing's he need's to worry about now,IMO.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
tsuper92;1130968 said:
i think his car has 130,xxx on the clock with toyota's weak ass auto putting power into it.diff's probably one of the last thing's he need's to worry about now,IMO.

obviously his car runs just fine orelse he would be asking motor rebuild questions....he wants to rebuild the diff which if fails he still won't get to far....every problem is just as important as the other when it comes to driveline and motors....everything depends on everything....so what if he starts from the ass and works his way up.....doesn't make sense to build a power house motor with a wicked trans and a tired diff that will blow first thing at the strip....

Doesn't matter how or what you fix or rebuild aslong as it keeps the wheels turning....progress is progress!!!

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
not trying to take business away from jaws (damn good company) but i was wondering if marlin crawler would deal with them since they work with some of the other driveline parts.

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
Clip;1131132 said:
not trying to take business away from jaws (damn good company) but i was wondering if marlin crawler would deal with them since they work with some of the other driveline parts.

Go get a price from Marlin Crawler then give us a call when your ready to save money and have your differential built by a company that specializes in ONLY DIFFERNTIALS! Marlin puts out some nice products by why go to a Mexican Resturant for a bowl of Spagetti?

Jeff

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
jawsgear;1131158 said:
Go get a price from Marlin Crawler then give us a call when your ready to save money and have your differential built by a company that specializes in ONLY DIFFERNTIALS! Marlin puts out some nice products by why go to a Mexican Resturant for a bowl of Spagetti?

Jeff

liar!!!! Yall do driveshafts also.....LOL

Seriously...why can't you give a quote for everyone to see for a basic return to stock rebuild.....

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
gaboonviper85;1131203 said:
liar!!!! Yall do driveshafts also.....LOL

Seriously...why can't you give a quote for everyone to see for a basic return to stock rebuild.....

Each person's rebuild will be different depending on waht they are wanting. Could vary in cost from 400 to 1500 depending on what a person wants. This is why i do not post pricing openly. Although we sell driveshafts too, that is just a sub section of what we do and honestly we only do it because I wanted one for my own car LOL. People semmed to come on board with them though.

Jeff

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
tsuper92;1130968 said:

Even my weak NA had a blown diff.. How does having an auto make any difference to if a diff is blown?

and JAWS FTW!!!!

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
would you mind posting pics of a $400 mkiii diff rebuild next to a $1500 diff rebuild so people know what the are getting?....I personally would like to see the difference in parts.