Sogi mod + green truck bushing = SEX!

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Matt-

Real quick question, did you put the bushing green face up right? Does it feel signifigantly "tighter" than before?

Did you have a bushing in there before?

Reson im asking this is because i didn't have a top bushing on originally after the sogi shifter. And it could throw the shifter around very fast, but it felt almost"loose"

After the added bushings it feels very very tight, but i like it alot.

-William

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
Has anyone ever had a problem with the top of the shifter pivot assembly?

It just looks like a bad design, metal against metal with no real lubrication. It'd be nice to have a delrin washer in there.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I'm gonna make a writeup on how to keep the top threaded section with the sogi mod....
Anyone want to donate an R154 shifter? lol

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
supra90turbo said:
I'm gonna make a writeup on how to keep the top threaded section with the sogi mod....
Anyone want to donate an R154 shifter? lol

If you asked that last week, i would have gladly given you mine. But i sold it real cheap.

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
s383mmber1 said:
Matt-

Real quick question, did you put the bushing green face up right? Does it feel signifigantly "tighter" than before?

Did you have a bushing in there before?

Reson im asking this is because i didn't have a top bushing on originally after the sogi shifter. And it could throw the shifter around very fast, but it felt almost"loose"

After the added bushings it feels very very tight, but i like it alot.

-William
Yes, green side up. I had a stock one before, but it was a very weak, very thin stock bushing. BLEH! :icon_conf

TRACKMKIII

Banned
Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta,GA
GotToyota? said:
Found the part #:

Green Truck Bushing #33505-35020

I also put in the white pivot bushing(Part # 33548-31010) at the sametime as the green bushing and it feels great!! I can get both for about $13 shipped from the dealership I work at. Let me know or PM me if you want one or both of them.

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
TRACKMKIII said:
I also put in the white pivot bushing(Part # 33548-31010) at the sametime as the green bushing and it feels great!! I can get both for about $13 shipped from the dealership I work at. Let me know or PM me if you want one or both of them.

Ill be pming you next weekend for these.

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
xarewhyayen said:
who has a pic of this green truck bushing?
Just picked up mine today... there you go:

shifterbushing-2.jpg

more:
in the bag
flip side
from the side

HTH :)

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I just swapped out my bushings last weekend and I must say... it is a HUGE improvement! My old bushing that gets replaced by the green one was all eaten away and fallen apart everywhere! So I threw the new white pivot bushing and the green truck bushing in and WOW... It shifts so tight and firm now, like a new car, rather than being able to throw it in gear all willy-nilly. Also it feels a lot tighter when it's in neutral aswell as when it's in gear!

DaemoN

Jul 1, 2005
Wichita, Kansas
www.TeamFE.net
As for people who have noise/ringing issues, when you reassemble use every piece that came off of the old one. Both rubber boots, the metal cover, etc.

As for those with the ringing/vibration problem, I put a nickle sized piece of sound deadender (dynamat), the sound on mine hasn't changed one bit without the upper shaft on the shifter.