Sogi mod + green truck bushing = SEX!

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
I did the Sogi mod awhile back, but never got the change to replace my shifter bushing itself. The Sogi mod felt great, don't get me wrong, but it was lacking the new bushing feel. I received my green truck bushing in the mail from "TRACKMKIII" yesterday (thanks alot man for the hookup). I just put it on and after driving it around, I must say that my 260k mile W58 feels BRAND NEW! The gears shift through like silk, it's truly amazing. I also put in Synchromesh tranny fluid recently as well, so that might be apart of it as well. But if you're looking to do the Sogi mod, get the green truck bushing first, it's only about $10, and it's definently worth it.

-Matt

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
If im not interested in the sogi mod... From what I read the green truck bushing just sounds like I should do that as a replacement.

Even if my W-58 on has like 60k miles =]

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
HellsLegion said:
If im not interested in the sogi mod... From what I read the green truck bushing just sounds like I should do that as a replacement.

Even if my W-58 on has like 60k miles =]
Damn, lucky. :( But yes, it is a good mod regardless if you do the Sogi or not.

-Matt

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
But then again you said it shifts liek silk.. The reason I diddnt do the sogi mod yet is that its been said its a little notchy.. Maybe Ill just buy a short throw like Moe. none the less. Im putting that green truck bushing in! Got a part number on the packaging Matt? Im gonna go check Dublin toyota.

Kyle

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
HellsLegion said:
But then again you said it shifts liek silk.. The reason I diddnt do the sogi mod yet is that its been said its a little notchy.. Maybe Ill just buy a short throw like Moe. none the less. Im putting that green truck bushing in! Got a part number on the packaging Matt? Im gonna go check Dublin toyota.

Kyle
Don't have a part #, sorry. I just told TRACKMKIII that I wanted the green truck bushing, and he got it for me. My Sogi was VERY notchy before I put the bushing in, now the notchy-ness is gone.

-Matt

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Sogi mod is wayyy too cool IMO:) and in first gear at higher rpms, I have like BOV sound inside :) (not really), cause the rubber part there doesn't reflect noise anymore :)

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Where do we get this "green truck bushing"? Nayone have an online resource to order this thing from?

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Toyota Dealership... forget part #'s off the top of my head.

My Transmission only had 90k on it when I did the mod and my old bushings were in pretty good condition, still helped alittle though.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Hell, I'll go get it from the Stealership if someone has a part number...I hate my SOGI shifter! Ive been considering finding a stock replacement.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
is the 'green bushing' the one the shifter sits on or at the bottom of the shifter? I'm always killing the lower ones from banging gears :( makes it feel sooooo sloppy... if theres one thats harder i might look into it

as for the sogi shifter.. I have it in my white car.. i dont liek it, but i like the shorter throw.. makes me want to get a c's for my blue car