skool'd a camaro Z28? this morn....

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
I don't want to start nothing here but I just wanted to know how fast a mk3 was with 15 psi. There's a guy who has a nice 92 mk3 turbo 5 speed and he's running 15 psi. I told this guy I have a mk3 and about this site. I asked him if he wanted to race my camaro but he laughed and he was like bro with 15psi I'm going to smoke you cuz I have smoked some 05 gtos. I was like if you beat me I'll give you some money for gas. We raced off the line and I smoked him bad and I was expecting to loose from a roll but i beat him too.
After the race he asked me if i had a different engine and i showed him.
My camaro is stroked and it has a custom cam, bolts on and AFR ported heads. I'll be running 10s with slicks all motor. I know there're some mk3s and mk4s that can smoked me bad but Camaro's are not slow.
The guy has custom orange mk3 with white interior and some black rims.
The car looks nice.
I'm hoping to fix my mk3 or drop a 2jz in it.

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
a supra with 15lbs with the right supporting mods can be fast around 300 at the wheels or more in some cases....if you have all of that done to the camaro then yeah you would beat it...youd be pushing more than that but if he put a bigger turbo and fuel computer and had it tuned correctly then he could more than likely take you. good luck with your mk3.

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
In the case I'll put a big turbo on my camaro :biglaugh: but first I'm going to put some mods in my mk3
My mk3 is my daily driver so I just want to put 300 rwhp
I have 3' cat back no cats, 3 DP , ssqv kit, custom ic lower pipes, K&n.
Next mods
DDP, lexus afm, injectors, fuel pump, 2.0 mhg
what do you think ?
Can I take a C5 vette with this mods?

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Dude PM me or just post pics of your Z. I had an LT1 and I wanna see this thing :) Are you on a solid roller or still a hydraulic?

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
blacksupra said:
In the case I'll put a big turbo on my camaro :biglaugh: but first I'm going to put some mods in my mk3
My mk3 is my daily driver so I just want to put 300 rwhp
I have 3' cat back no cats, 3 DP , ssqv kit, custom ic lower pipes, K&n.
Next mods
DDP, lexus afm, injectors, fuel pump, 2.0 mhg
what do you think ?
Can I take a C5 vette with this mods?

well, since people are outright running away from ls1 camaros (modded or not), sure you can take a c5 (modded or not) with those mods no problem.

L

lanky189

CtSupra said:
this thread doesn't seem to go away.

well, then whats the problem of giving a mod list then?

anybodys?

ok here's mine
73 Celica
5spd trans swap
(t40 -> w50)
Weber Carb (32/34 dft)
Patriot Header
Accel Coil
Accel Wires
Optima Battery
Hella 500 series foglights
Redline gear oils all around
Supra short shifter (Thank you SOGI)

Soon to come Offenhauser Intake mani
MSD 6AL
Tit. Valves
Valve springs
Port work.
2.5 inch exhaust and flowmaster

any questions?

murkat

LT1 camaro killer
Mar 30, 2005
nashville
Well........... It happened again..... today... after work, stopped at the bank then a short cut to the tobbacco store...A black on black on black newer LT1 camaro pulls up to me at the light, waiting to go green.. potatoe/potatoe/potatoe his exhaust goes, then he revs as "we are whatching the lights..... GREEN. He romps on it. I just floor it ALMOST to wot.... I popped into 2nd, nice bark sound I must add, ready to pop into 3rd at redline and looked back, he's just getting to 3rd 30 yards back too my rear, I leisurely poped into 3rd waiting on my turn off, big smile on my face. ;)
Oh, I have failed to mention? My new clutch and light/weight flywheel assembly already has about 1200 miles on it, I haven't got around to change out that stock F/P yet but did not hit fuel cut hence not going to WOT, but the MINE's ECU works wonders on our mkIII's :)

SupraSpeed

Apr 1, 2005
Denton
i don't know why its sooo hard to belive that murkat beat a camaro.......... well, i believe him!!! nice kill dude, keep up the good work!!!

Racer X

Jan 10, 2006
Cali
trdmk3supra said:
Awsome kill man and yes I believe this vato. My friend has a 04' camaro z28 and it has balls but is way slow, but also the kid doesn't know how to drive. :evil2:
lol,that nice,but they stoped makeing Camaros in 2002 :3d_frown:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
s383mmber1 said:
murkat, i just wanna let you know i love your car! I looked at it for like no hist 5 minutes. it is a beauty, i love the look

yes, it is/was beautiful. unfortunately, i believe he sold it, or was selling it. i dont remember however, if he actually DID sell it. it's a beauty, for sure!

-shaeff

murkat

LT1 camaro killer
Mar 30, 2005
nashville
yes I still have it, still for sale, still garaged, still romp'd on once in a while, no (LT1) takers here in Nashville....... yet ;)