Should I move to California? Why or why not?

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
OP,

Why don't u post your opinion thread in socalsupras.com , rather than getting opinions from people who have never lived there?

Btw, don't live in norcal, they have like 2 beaches with tiny waves and cold water. There is really nothing to do there:biglaugh: (seriously.)

Things about Socal:

I'm wearing a t-shirt and shorts and about to go running outside on dry pavement on a Sunny day, 75 degrees.
Nice beaches: Newport, Santa Monica, Redondo, Laguna, Huntington, etc..
You could be snowboarding and be at the beach on the same day.
You could party in Vegas, attend Supras Invade Las Vegas and SEMA (it's only a 4 hour drive or 1 hour flight).
There are several major cities where u could hang out in e.g., Los Angeles, San Diego, Irvine, Hollywood, etc.
We have several amusement parks: Disneyland, Universal Studios, Magic Mtn, etc.
We have the largest car scene: You want domestic low riders? Japanese import cars? Euros? We got them.
The tuner capital of the US. Who's in Socal? Greddy, HKS, TEIN, AEM, HRE Wheels, SSR wheels, and so on and so on....
Car meets? There is one everynight, somewhere.
You want a crazy night life? Every night.
You want some nice mk3s? (We all know Socal has the best MK3s!) :naughty:
Nascar racing? We have CA Speedway.
Wanna see professional drag racing? We have the Pomona Fairplex.
Want to street race and have your car impounded? There's plenty of that too!
Want to get pulled over in your Supra? I get pulled over all the time, whenever I drive my Supra. Twice at the same exact spot...both times cop complimented my Supra and let me slide.

Like Indy car racing? Long Beach Grand Prix.
Want drifting? All day long.
Still wanna visit norcal? Its just a 1 hr flight or 5 hour drive.
You wanna live on the edge? We have earthquakes.
Looking for trouble? There is Compton, Southeast LA, etc..
Have a modded supra? Don't worry about it.
Need a job? Even though Arnold is getting a lot of heat, Ca still has one of the strongest economies in the world.
Want to pay a lot of taxes? We have that too.
Want Different ethnic foods? Ca is a melting pot.
Wanna get with different girls: Filipinos, Persians, Mexican, White, Black, Europeans, Australians, Vietnamese, Chinese, Rednecks, etc..we got them.

Sports? We have good teams: Anaheim Ducks, Anaheim angels, the Lakers. We even have professional football coming back!

Etc....etc... etc....You'll find everything you want in CA.

Last edited:

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
rodel;1485911 said:
OP,

Why don't u post your opinion thread in socalsupras.com , rather than getting opinions from people who have never lived there?

Btw, don't live in norcal, they have like 2 beaches with tiny waves and cold water. There is really nothing to do there:biglaugh: (seriously.)

Things about Socal:

I'm wearing a t-shirt and shorts and about to go running outside on dry pavement on a Sunny day, 75 degrees.
You could party in Vegas, attend Supras Invade Las Vegas and SEMA (it's only a 4 hour drive or 1 hour flight).
There are several major cities where u could hang out in e.g., Los Angeles, San Diego, Irvine, Hollywood, etc.
We have the largest car scene: You want domestic low riders? Japanese import cars? Euros? We got them.
The tuner capital of the US. Who's in Socal? Greddy, HKS, TEIN, AEM, HRE Wheels, SSR wheels, and so on and so on....
Want to get pulled over in your Supra? I get pulled over all the time, whenever I drive my Supra. Twice at the same exact spot...both times cop complimented my Supra and let me slide.

Need a job? Even though Arnold is getting a lot of heat, Ca still has one of the strongest economies in the world.
Wanna get with different girls: Filipinos, Persians, Mexican, White, Black, Europeans, Australians, Vietnamese, Chinese, Rednecks, etc..we got them.

Sports? We have good teams: Anaheim Ducks, Anaheim angels, the Lakers. We even have professional football coming back!

Rodel FTW!

I need to move back to the bay.

So-Cal is too much for me. ;)

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
rodel;1485911 said:
OP,

Things about Socal:

Don't you guys have all that emission crap though? I'd move there if I could mod my car without having to worry about emissions.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Alec;1499544 said:
Don't you guys have all that emission crap though? I'd move there if I could mod my car without having to worry about emissions.

Who cares? It's just a car in the end.

We love where we live; our cars are modified, and we all pass emissions. So our cars run clean and make gobs of power.

At my old school i had about 5 teachers come from the Chi, and never go back!

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Zumtizzle;1499566 said:
Who cares? It's just a car in the end.

We love where we live; our cars are modified, and we all pass emissions. So our cars run clean and make gobs of power.

At my old school I had about 5 teachers come from the Chi, and never go back!

I love Cali. Been here 20+ years and I live in the Bay Area. I have been to other states and countries but I start missing the convenience of everything I have here in Norcal. Either way, its best to live in a couple of spots yourself to get a better feel. Only you know what you want to experience. :biglaugh:
By the way, there are more than just two beaches and some are very nice however, the water is definitley warmer in Southern Cali.
Job wise...I think it depends on what your field is in. We wil have a shortage of workers here soon I suspect which means more and better opportunities for all.