Shineautoproject "People's Choice" Pre89 lip design contest

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
SupraOfDoom;1622195 said:
I had the CFX lip and although I think its sexy, the thing was too tall. Pretty much impossible to drive on any real roads. Looking for something a little in between the stock lip and that.

lmao. The Bomex lip is taller, which is why the CFX was made. ;)

On another note, this thread has a few nice ideas. :)

Duane

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Whats with these submissions that look stock? If i wanted a stock looking lip i would just keep the stock one.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Stock looking lips are meh. But to each his own I suppose, I personally don't like it at all, I wouldn't mind something a little bold with creativity in it. Would suck to end up like the MK4 guys running the same lip and spoiler combo

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
I see where you're coming from.. the reason I went with my design rather than a JDM 89+ lip (w/ducts) design was because I feel that the majority of the pre89 lips available currently or in the past are conservative.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Imo, a simple lip design would be best, over either elaborate or aggressive looking designs, since most mk3s don't have other aero parts installed. An aggressive looking lip would have to be supported by complimentary aero parts, i.e., side skirts, rear add-ons.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
upgradedsupra;1622320 said:
lmao. The Bomex lip is taller, which is why the CFX was made. ;)

On another note, this thread has a few nice ideas. :)

Duane

I mean no disrespect or anything. I loved it, and I've always loved it. The only problem I had was I couldn't get out of my drive way with out it tearing off. I've never had another lip on to compare it to.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
rodel;1622703 said:
Imo, a simple lip design would be best, over either elaborate or aggressive looking designs, since most mk3s don't have other aero parts installed. An aggressive looking lip would have to be supported by complimentary aero parts, i.e., side skirts, rear add-ons.

Agreed.
But like i said- The Kaminari look was pretty decent, I just don't want the lip to extend THAT far.
Granted- we're talking about a bolt-on lip, not a full bumper replacement. Someone photoshop a forward lip on the stock bumper, please?

bombinuass

Mar 20, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
Neodeuccio;1621132 said:
razolip3.jpg

... is my favorite so far.

+2 me n my wife.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
How bout a combination of Razo's nice spoiler with a little fwd lip action?

p1622904_1.jpg

The lip's upper edge would be the lower surface of the brake ducts.
Could that be done?

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
rodel;1622703 said:

I designed mine to go with the ABFlug sides and rears.. two lips should be produced if possible, one for use with other aero and one for use without.

The reasoning is pre89 owners basically only have a Bomex available, and it looks terrible without the rest of the kit IMO, and it's pretty large (low to the ground). Most of the other lips that were made including the East Bear and CFX seem to have the same general design with basic differences to set them apart (if you don't agree that's fine).

On other other hand, I agree that a low profile lip designed to simply replace the stock lip is also a great idea. But we cannot have both.. Sadly, it will probably end up being the stock like lip design that ends up solely being produced because I can't think of many pre89 cars with full kits.

That being said, Razoe's other design with the ducts (non-stock style) is a pretty good halfway point in striking a balance though.

Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
rodel;1619778 said:
To give this thread a boost, I'll share the images that I've received. Perhaps they'll serve as a basis for your designs. Please continue to PM me your submissions.

razolip.jpg

+1 on this one

not feeling the other lips too gawdy looking ruins the look of the car. personally i hate side skirts and add ons just need a simple factory looking lip that is affordable that doesnt need anything else to make it look right