Shineautoproject "People's Choice" Pre89 lip design contest

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Shine would like to create a new pre89 lip based on input from the pre89 guys. To participate, please create a high quality rendering of your lip design on a pre89 Supra.

I ask that each participant PM me one final design. I will be accepting submissions until the end of October. Shine would like to receive a pool of at least 15 "final" renderings from which it will choose 5 renderings. From the 5, Pre89 owners will vote to narrow down to one winning design that will be placed in production.

Voting will run until the end of 2010. The winning designer will receive a free lip designed by him/her and might have the opportunity to name the lip. Good luck!

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I gotta say, that is really freaking cool of Shine. Seems the 89+ lip market is fairly saturated, good to see the pre 89's getting some love.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Well this is kind of nice since I have already been working on a model of a custom lip and air dam insert. Guess I will have to finish it and get it submitted. Where should the renders be submitted.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
metaphysico;1614359 said:
Well this is kind of nice since I have already been working on a model of a custom lip and air dam insert. Guess I will have to finish it and get it submitted. Where should the renders be submitted.

PM the image to me

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
this is an awesome idea.. in reality, it will be harder for anyone to complain.

I'll see if I can come up with something.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
To give this thread a boost, I'll share the images that I've received. Perhaps they'll serve as a basis for your designs. Please continue to PM me your submissions.

razolip.jpg

razolip2.jpg

razolip3.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
I took one of the pics Razoe submitted and modified it into the lip I've been trying to render.. I'm not terrific with software in regards to designing. I have to thank him for submitting..

here's my rudimentary design:
p1619941_1.jpg

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
RazoE;1619968 said:
doesnt look half bad...

well, it's nowhere near as nice as the renderings you posted.. but that really helped me. thanks.

I used a paint brush and a smudge tool and went at it, haha.

I like your first design the most btw, that's a beautiful and clean design.. I originally thought about doing a near stock look with the ducts but didn't. I think I wanted something a little less conservative yet not too crazy at the same time.

your other two are nice as well, and I like the fact that both of our lips (comparing your 2nd and 3rd to mine) do not have to be much lower than where the stock lip hangs due to the way they come up to the foglights and grill. the lip gives the appeal as if it's larger/ lower than it truly is.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I like the first one, too, but would it be possible to render it with a lip that extends forward maybe an inch?
Like a Kaminari, but not as large.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I think the 3rd of razoe's with longer fading in holes kinda like the type1 lip from shine would look sick. Kinda like the first red car pic but for the 3rd and have it dip in a little bit more.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Dylan JZ;1619941 said:
I took one of the pics Razoe submitted and modified it into the lip I've been trying to render.. I'm not terrific with software in regards to designing. I have to thank him for submitting..

here's my rudimentary design:
p1620122_1.jpg

Looks like the design was heavily influenced by Do-Luck

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Actually, I didn't even consider the Do-Luck to be honest.. I mainly combined the design of the ABFlug and an older Stillen lip design (A32 Maxima). But I can see elements of the Do-Luck in there, so I guess I can add that to the list..

perhaps, it is not what other pre-89 owners are looking for in a lip though.