Sheedy Built Supra

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
thanks man

my header apparently had a small pinhole leak that i must have missed before i installed it. had to pull the turbo/header to weld it up, will be getting the turbo exhaust housing as well as the header ceramic coated. i dont like wraping the header, takes too much time and makes a mess once the fiberglass breaks down..

went ahead and pulled my valve covers too and resealed them. they had a slight leak. painted the ribs 3e5 red too to match. i think they turned out alright
i think i might get my spare set powdercoated red with the ribs polished. i cant decide though

ended up going with some is300 coils too! just have to mount them, makes sure the wires are going to the right plugs, and extend my harness. not bad for 45$ total. went ahead and installed some 10mm head flanged bolts for the valve covers..way better than stock thats for sure!

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
got quite a bit done in the last few days. new PTR Performance intake manifold came, ceramic coated header, powder coated valve covers and odyssey battery., etc..

i moved my injector resistor and igniter under the intake manifold so they are out of the way for now.
the battery and fuse box is mocked up, im not sure if i really want the battery in the trunk and i think i can tuck it up right next to the headlight.. its a damn small battery

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
just been adding a few things here and there. mounted my mishimoto CF catch can, mounts for my fuse box and polished up the top of the radiator a little bit
if anyone who follows my build thread knows, who makes a good turbo blanket that wont fade/breakdown? ive been through a couple 60-70$ blankets just because they start to break down and fade as well. i wouldnt mind spending more even, for a good blanket

Billybob9187

Mar 9, 2015
Stockton Ca
Just out of curiosity. How we'll did the red paint hold up on your ct26 you painted before you had trouble? Also what paint was it? Your build is inspiring. Keep it up!

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Billybob9187;2043492 said:
Just out of curiosity. How we'll did the red paint hold up on your ct26 you painted before you had trouble? Also what paint was it? Your build is inspiring. Keep it up!

it held up pretty well, didnt really discolor or anything from the time i was running my ct26. i believe it was VHT Red header paint in the rattle can. it actually comes out a little orange which i didnt like too well.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
I'd suggest getting a little bit better of a spot to put the catch can. The cooler of a spot it's in, the better it works. Looks good though, how was the overall install with the PTR manifold? I've looked at them but wasn't quite sure of the fitment and such.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
thanks for the idea, i may relocate it later on but its kind of hard with as little space as i do.

today didnt go so well...my ecu took a crap on the dyno and was unable to get it running properly. however i did leave my car at PSI's shop for a ECU Masters Full standalone and CPS upgrade! i cant wait to get it back and see what it can really do!

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
indego, the install of the PTR manifold went very very well. it was a perfect fit and lined up perfectly clearing the alternator, strut, booster and all.
really the only thing that i needed was to get a little shorter belt for the alternator which i was told the part # from PTR which made the install easy.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
sure has been awhile since i updated this build... ive been pretty busy!

i got the car back from psi about a month ago, seems like everything possible went wrong all at the same time in their shop.
after all the trouble, and issues they overcame, the car runs the best its ever ran. there was some miscommunication about tuning with methanol injection so unfortunately its not tuned with it yet. it made 410hp and 400torque on 17psi max rpm is 6500.
ive been driving it around for a couple weeks then i noticed that the turbo had quite a bit of shaft play. not enough to hit the housing but very close!
i took it apart to find the rear bearing had wayyy more play that the compressor side bearing. my guess is a mix of a cheaper rebuild kit (not ebay bought) and having fun with the launch control on the det3..

anyway, while it was down i bought some new parts along the way.
new turbo feed fitting, vibrant performance ultra quiet 3" resonator, titanium header wrap for the downpipe, turbo rebuild kit (genuine holset), 4x7 aem dryflow filter & sock.
i will end up getting a custom harness made as well, as that is what was giving the guys so many problems.