I was just gonna post about this!

april fools?..................dammit
p1422_1.jpg

Shinobu

Mmmm... Juicy!
Mar 30, 2005
Columbus, GA
Alright, so I'm a fool, but hey it's 9 AM here and I just woke up so.. :p

I think they are also supposed to be upgrading the forum software for the next day or so. There was a sticky notice at the top of most forum sections to let people know in advance.

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
Heh...if they really wanted your money they would have made the change for every MKIII owner the same day as we got wiped here :D

They had me for a second too. Funny...not so much...

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
how long does this 'joke' last? I remember last year they said they got sued by Toyota, but I dont remember how long it was down

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
Justin said:
how long does this 'joke' last? I remember last year they said they got sued by Toyota, but I dont remember how long it was down

Someone mentioned that they are just doing the update they planned all along. It was going to be down anyway so they just threw in that error for april fools. I forgot about the update and about april fools. DoubleOwned

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
umm no...anyone who forgot that today was that day of lame ass jokes needs to be shot. ;) What i am stating is that the sf is run as a business and yet they can take time to *ehem* play "a joke" *ehem* with said business. INtresting business model for sure ;)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Actually, from an admin point of view, it makes a LOT of sense to disable your forums for april 1st. Otherwise, everyone posts up stupid shit for april fools, and your mods have to work overtime to sort everything out afterwards.

And if disabling your forums makes sense, might as well have a laugh over it, hmm?

B

Boostaddctn

GrimJack said:
Actually, from an admin point of view, it makes a LOT of sense to disable your forums for april 1st. Otherwise, everyone posts up stupid shit for april fools, and your mods have to work overtime to sort everything out afterwards.

And if disabling your forums makes sense, might as well have a laugh over it, hmm?

That is what I was afraid of over there, but luckly only had to close one thread about april fools so far... aight peace