Seriously?!?!?! Stay away from NO-Xplode

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
For thoughs that dont know its a workout supplement...

I took it at 5pm before my workout...it is now 12:29am and I cant not get to sleep for the life of me...my body is shaky my stomach hurts and I have work in the morning...

What I think is bad is that my 16year old brother was able to walk into a GNC and buy this crap (now I know why he's been going to the hospital)...I mean it does say don't take within 4 hours of sleeping, but come on. I feel like I'm on crack (not that I would know what thats like but if it's worse then this then I don't know why you would want it)

Sorry I needed to rant, I am on a very strict schedule right now for my training program, and sleep is an important part of my recovery process.

slightly_red_MA70

Holy S*** I own a Racecar
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
Yeah that shits terrible, my roommate used to use it but it fucked him up and he threw away 1 full contaner and one that was used once. Deffinetly stay away from it

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
Poodles;1494279 said:
Most workout supplements are stimulants...

I know this, and I have tried many of them, but this is just crazy...

I can understand why it "works so great" but if your gonna allow this product to be sold regulate before it kills some 12yo kid

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The way the supplements get around regulation is that the body metabolizes them into stimulants/steriods/ect. It's why I'm paranoid about stuff like that. I prefure to just eat right as it will do you the most good.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I've had no problem with Lipo-6 or Hydroxycut 24.

Zantrex was bad, though. The niacin gave me a BAD case of a burning, tingling itch on my neck and back for an hour or two. It also made me feel like I was hot all over, when it was winter in the mountains of Afghanistan. NOT cool at all.

chopstickz

Dec 3, 2005
SoCal
It's best to take it in the morning and it takes some time for it to affect you less. That's when it starts getting good. Make sure you eat with it though.

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
Poodles;1494288 said:
The way the supplements get around regulation is that the body metabolizes them into stimulants/steriods/ect. It's why I'm paranoid about stuff like that. I prefure to just eat right as it will do you the most good.

that description would classify them as prohormones which are illegal as of 04. I do also prefure to just eat right but trust me there are alot of good supplements out there ones that help recovery time boost test ect but this stuff is dangerous

I am not arguing that it is in fact a stimulant but most products are not (unless your talking strictly about products that are to be taken right before a workout then yes most of them are)

mostly i stick to protein powder and good old chicken but my brother had this around so i thought wth i'll give it a shot note it is now 2:02am

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
drunk_medic;1494291 said:
I've had no problem with Lipo-6 or Hydroxycut 24.

Zantrex was bad, though. The niacin gave me a BAD case of a burning, tingling itch on my neck and back for an hour or two. It also made me feel like I was hot all over, when it was winter in the mountains of Afghanistan. NOT cool at all.

no problems with hydroxycut? isn't that the stuff that had ephedrine in it until they banned it? or are you talking about the post ban stuff?

chopstickz;1494298 said:
It's best to take it in the morning and it takes some time for it to affect you less. That's when it starts getting good. Make sure you eat with it though.

yeah thanks but i wont be taking it again i took it with food in fact I've eaten three meals since then and still up (i will report my shakiness is gone)

Dopamine

Aug 22, 2009
Cali
No-xplode contains caffeine so you might be sensitive to it. How much did you take? Try lowering the dosage to assess tolerance.

Did you purchase it for the pre-workout kick or for creatine? If for the latter, no-xplode contains very little creatine. I stopped using BSN products ever since they had a small amount of blood thinning drug in their products which caused them to reformulate no-xplode.

Try looking into straight creatine (creatine monohydrate) and beta-alanine. There are plenty of studies on them as well.

btw, I know how you feel; the same exact thing happened to me before as well. And the stomach pain usually goes away after an hour.

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
drunk_medic;1494302 said:
Post ban.

Most supplement makers seem to have switched from using ephedra [outlawed] to caffeine.

ah thats why...they also use bitter orange which come to think of it made me feel just like this

Shaz

You are being, illogical
Jan 12, 2009
Brownslow, London
When I used to work out I just kicked up my diet a bit and used to eat loads of bananas during and after workouts. I usually felt great and never had problems like this.

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
Dopamine;1494304 said:
No-xplode contains caffeine so you might be sensitive to it. How much did you take? Try lowering the dosage to assess tolerance.

Did you purchase it for the pre-workout kick or for creatine? If for the latter, no-xplode contains very little creatine. I stopped using BSN products ever since they had a small amount of blood thinning drug in their products which caused them to reformulate no-xplode.

Try looking into straight creatine (creatine monohydrate) and beta-alanine. There are plenty of studies on them as well.

btw, I know how you feel; the same exact thing happened to me before as well. And the stomach pain usually goes away after an hour.

you are talking to someone who drank 40(small) redbulls at once and lived to tell about it...(i was 16 and they where free and if your wondering i was up for a week straight)even redbull didnt act like this

I dont like creatine it work for a while then seemed to lose any effects...usually i take nothing because i do mostly cardio or endurance training but today was a lift day.

stomach still hurts and I'm now 2hours and 15min from being up a full 24hours :( I'm screwed for recovery this week i just hope now i dont crash at work when it fads away

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
Shaz;1494306 said:
When I used to work out I just kicked up my diet a bit and used to eat loads of bananas during and after workouts. I usually felt great and never had problems like this.

yeah I'm deep into it now love the gym love the feel after a hard workout bananas are awesome and I weigh 150lb and intake 4500 calories a day(good ones no mcd's here lol)

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Ah supplements...

I love how so much of the crap you can find at GNC or other "health" stores can actually be very harmful to your body.

Eating right and avoiding the supplements ftw.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
whenmunkysfly;1494307 said:
you are talking to someone who drank 40(small) redbulls at once and lived to tell about it...(i was 16 and they where free and if your wondering i was up for a week straight)even redbull didnt act like this

what the fuck...

suprarx7nut;1494389 said:
I love how so much of the crap you can find at GNC or other "health" stores can actually be very harmful to your body.

Eating right and avoiding the supplements ftw.

Agreed. I may not have a defined six-pack (or a six-pack at all for that matter), but I'm not going to die at 40 of heart failure.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
GNC has a great return policy, you can bring everything back for a full refund.

Regarding creatine stay the fuck away from it. Control your diet, work out regularly, take a multivitamin, and use whey protein immediately after workouts.

A friend of mine took creatine alot in high school. It destroyed his insides (kidneys iirc). He couldnt play football senior year because the Dr. told him that if he got hit one time, it could kill him. He lost his chance at a scolarship, moved to Maine and works as a prison guard now.