Serious clean up for the experienced..

rcboricua07

7M powered
May 20, 2007
Massachusetts
Amontgomery;1011218 said:
Just go with a 2JZ and built auto to save money over trying to build a 7M and drivetrain to handle the power. 700-800hp is a bit much to ask of a 7M anyway, the 2JZ will give better flow characteristics because of the larger bore and resulting larger combustion chamber to squeeze larger valves into. And should you go 2JZ, while its out you could seriously clean your engine bay and engine while taking a long time to do the swap perfectly. And should you want to, finding an old 2JZGE block from a wrecked Lexus shouldn't run you to much and would be an excellent start to a nice 2JZ build.

Thanks and i understand where your coming from... but im trying to challenge myself and do it from a 7M simply because of the fact that it seems to be difficult to do as you said. I'm not necessarily trying to take the esy way out to power I'm trying to make a statement sort of speak that the 7M can be taken to a new level and compete with jz motors i know it seems a little foolish but those are my thoughts thanks for the advice though

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
rcboricua07;1011222 said:
Well just because i havent been alive as long as you have and havent experienced what you have doesnt mean you should treat me the way you are. If you were to approach me in a better manner i would be way more understanding of your views and of where you are coming from if you took the time to help me as an individual and not group me in the "typical teenager" group then it would be a different story. I'm willing to accept useful advice from those knowledgeable in what they are saying and im not doing the typical teenage thing by just trying to buy a whole bunch of parts and trying to go fast. I'm trying to do this build correctly and with some guidance I'm sure I will be well off, but it seems to me that all the "old timers" on this forum decided to jump the gun and attack me instead of helping . I'm sorry I didn't know how to go about asking my question but all you had to do was point me in the right direction.

Stop being defensive...I did not treat you like a "typical teenager"...you perceived an attack and are reacting in that manner. The same response would have happened if you were 40 (I didn't even look at your profile till post #17). The only reason I posted what I did was to give you perspective...nothing more, nothing less. If you want to do this right, do some research 1st and ask questions from a basic knowledge base.

We have SME sections here...read them. The reference section is very useful, as is the build section.

rcboricua07

7M powered
May 20, 2007
Massachusetts
alright well I have read through the reference section and though there is a lot of information that is useful, nothing really pertains to what I'm looking for at the moment. But i appreciate your help I guess

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Do an advanced search for keyword EGR*...username jdub. Or, for more results...just EGR*
(you'll also see I wasn't picking on you ;))

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
rcboricua07;1011222 said:
Well just because i havent been alive as long as you have and havent experienced what you have doesnt mean you should treat me the way you are. If you were to approach me in a better manner i would be way more understanding of your views and of where you are coming from if you took the time to help me as an individual and not group me in the "typical teenager" group then it would be a different story. I'm willing to accept useful advice from those knowledgeable in what they are saying and im not doing the typical teenage thing by just trying to buy a whole bunch of parts and trying to go fast. I'm trying to do this build correctly and with some guidance I'm sure I will be well off, but it seems to me that all the "old timers" on this forum decided to jump the gun and attack me instead of helping . I'm sorry I didn't know how to go about asking my question but all you had to do was point me in the right direction.

He's not attacking you! He's trying to explain to you what your doing has no use...

Your putting yourself in "that group" with bad grammar and no knowledge in backing up your E.G.R delete. There is no reason at all anybody should remove it, Specially when it benefits you in a very important way. My advice to you is to pick up a T.S.R.M and read about the things you are about to ask about on this forum before you post.

~Cory

BoostedFloto

Aug 16, 2005
Tampa, FL
rcboricua07;1011201 said:
I understand this and I love how everyone likes to attack me instead of help me, and as for your information I have the bottom end completely done the head is all done with all ferrea valvetrain components and I have an aem ems so I do understand what I am getting myself into. It seems to me that you guys like to assume less of us who havent been doing this as long as others when you shouldnt be trying to belittle us. I give thanks to those who actually help those in need who have experience such as IJ who doesnt try and cut you down no matter how dumb the question is instead tries to help which is what this forum is setup to do. I'm not here to argue and have a battle of knowledge with anyone im here to learn and gain useful information ...no one know everything and everyone learns something every now and then

Just curious here. What exactly is your completely done bottom end ??

rcboricua07

7M powered
May 20, 2007
Massachusetts
jdub;1011235 said:
Do an advanced search for keyword EGR*...username jdub. Or, for more results...just EGR*
(you'll also see I wasn't picking on you ;))

No its cool i know you aint directly attacking me its understandable thanks tho

rcboricua07

7M powered
May 20, 2007
Massachusetts
BoostedFloto;1011245 said:
Just curious here. What exactly is your completely done bottom end ??

Well my motor was done by a performance shop in CT and it was bored 40 over decked forged eagle h beam rods, forged je pistons, balanced rotating assembly high flow oil pump clevite 77 bearings...motor was bored with the torque plate and all the little bells and whistles to make it more true when put together. Why do you ask?

rcboricua07

7M powered
May 20, 2007
Massachusetts
rs4rush;1011239 said:
He's not attacking you! He's trying to explain to you what your doing has no use...

Your putting yourself in "that group" with bad grammar and no knowledge in backing up your E.G.R delete. There is no reason at all anybody should remove it, Specially when it benefits you in a very important way. My advice to you is to pick up a T.S.R.M and read about the things you are about to ask about on this forum before you post.

~Cory

And i do read the T.S.R.M.. I do more research then you know.

BoostedFloto

Aug 16, 2005
Tampa, FL
rcboricua07;1011256 said:
Well my motor was done by a performance shop in CT and it was bored 40 over decked forged eagle h beam rods, forged je pistons, balanced rotating assembly high flow oil pump clevite 77 bearings...motor was bored with the torque plate and all the little bells and whistles to make it more true when put together. Why do you ask?

Just wondering.You can search my name/build thread and see an engine bay with pretty much everything that can be removed is. I'm re-doing my build now however and I'm going for HIGH Hp. However I'm still researching all the machine work that is required(all the little tips and tricks w/clearances) etc for a HP build.

rcboricua07

7M powered
May 20, 2007
Massachusetts
BoostedFloto;1011268 said:
Just wondering.You can search my name/build thread and see an engine bay with pretty much everything that can be removed is. I'm re-doing my build now however and I'm going for HIGH Hp. However I'm still researching all the machine work that is required(all the little tips and tricks w/clearances) etc for a HP build.

Well the machine shop I went through says he has built about 6-7 7m supra and they are all still running and running at an upwards of 700 hp. So he is good at what he does and on top of that none of the motors he has done so far has had piston slap upon start up from what he knows which is awesome.

BoostedFloto

Aug 16, 2005
Tampa, FL
rcboricua07;1011270 said:
Well the machine shop I went through says he has built about 6-7 7m supra and they are all still running and running at an upwards of 700 hp. So he is good at what he does and on top of that none of the motors he has done so far has had piston slap upon start up from what he knows which is awesome.

6-7 7m's running 700hp in one area ? :rolleyes:

I don't live on the boards by any means but I don't know if we have 7 7m's running 700hp on here.

But Good Luck on your Goals !

rcboricua07

7M powered
May 20, 2007
Massachusetts
jdub;1011286 said:
Yeah...thinking the same thing:
http://www.gtepowered.com/index.php?page=html/site/7m.php

Attaining 700 HP is NOT an easy thing to do on the 7M platform...those 6-7 guys need to sign on here and post in the Dyno section to share the info ;)

I dont know them personally but I do know he is going to give me the contact of one of the guys so that he may help me when it comes to the aem ems . He says that he had tuned a race tune for high 700 hp and that he will help me tune if i need help. And yes i know it is a difficult task but mark my word i will achieve it ;), and when I do I'll make sure to let you guys know and again i know its no easy task.

BoostedFloto

Aug 16, 2005
Tampa, FL
HommerSimpson;1011291 said:
I think they are calling you out!!!!!

I'm not calling anybody out. I wish him all the luck BUT that being said don't throw that 700hp+ figure around lightly it is an extremely difficult task.

rcboricua07

7M powered
May 20, 2007
Massachusetts
BoostedFloto;1011308 said:
I'm not calling anybody out. I wish him all the luck BUT that being said don't throw that 700hp+ figure around lightly it is an extremely difficult task.

and i agree with you 100% i know it is a difficult task and i wish you luck as well