Sept 88 TurboA

timothykant

Dec 12, 2013
San Diego, CA
Hi everyone. I don’t think i have posted on here at all of pics of my car. Since I'm on deployment, I can’t exactly show you fresh pics yet but once I’m home ill update on my build/restoration.
The things done so far are minor cosmetics and suspension. I know I have an aftermarket rear diff also, but don’t remember the brand.
Right off the bat, once I’m home, I have my slotted/drilled StopTech rotors and pads to install along with Superstores’ high amp alternator. I’m tired of the old acid battery dying.... it did great while I was in Okinawa at least. On top of that, I want to take my car over to driftmotion to get some help on replacing some older OEM parts under the hood as well. Then onto getting a larger inducer set-up CT26 from Suprastore as well. I’m still learning how to work on motors and especially modifications since i have owned and let go of my 96 skyline I had. Miss her too :( But that’s why I saw and bought this (older) beauty into my life.

Attachments

• shiny supra.jpg
    shiny supra.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 114
  • supra&skyline.jpg
    supra&skyline.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 120
  • my 88 supra.jpg
    my 88 supra.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 99

timothykant

Dec 12, 2013
San Diego, CA
I am missing Oki..Especially my wife since she is from there. I haven't done anything with the headgasket yet....i have a cometic just in case but at the same time unsure when i will have the time to be able to do so since its my daily right now since my wife works as well. might end up just paying to have it done...:(

timothykant

Dec 12, 2013
San Diego, CA
ERA;2025959 said:
Cool, a Turbo A. And you're from San Diego?

Nice to meet you.

I am currently stationed in San Diego... on deployment though... when i get back im supposed to meet up with Turbo-@ to have a "turboA meet" lol im new to San Diego and cant wait to start going to some Auto shows and meets there.

Turbo-@

Jun 15, 2014
Moreno Valley, CA
Wassup my Turbo-A brother!! Finally you post your A up here. BTW what happened to your original metal air box that came on the A's? That thing is a rare piece.

timothykant

Dec 12, 2013
San Diego, CA
Turbo-@;2026022 said:
Wassup my Turbo-A brother!! Finally you post your A up here. BTW what happened to your original metal air box that came on the A's? That thing is a rare piece.

It didnt have one when i bought it. Came exactly as is.

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
The car looks sweet. So, witch car do you like driving better the Turbo-A or the skyline? Why did you sell the skyline?

Turbo-@

Jun 15, 2014
Moreno Valley, CA
toyota88;2026187 said:
do you have a pic of that airbox? i would like to see it.
It's the same as the regular plastic air box. The Turbo-A came with a metal air box. It's just a cool rare "Turbo-A only part." I'll snap a pic of mine and post it for u.

timothykant

Dec 12, 2013
San Diego, CA
daledoe;2026133 said:
The car looks sweet. So, witch car do you like driving better the Turbo-A or the skyline? Why did you sell the skyline?

I loved driving my skyline. i had put over 10k into it while i had it. sat with over 500hp too. but since it was a 96 i didnt want to bother with shady methods of bringing to the states and went with my supra instead :) but comparing the two....my skyline did drive better...newer and much more mods in it though...

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Sweet. I'd love to see both of your Turbo As some day at a meet.

You should also check out SoCalSupras.org if you haven't already. I've met up with another member named Dawly in San Diego, and we're working on getting my Supra running after having sat some time:

http://socalsupras.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4808

The website hasn't been quite as active as it used to be, but there's still some life in it. I'm hoping eventually things will pick up again, especially after getting the Supra back on the road.

timothykant

Dec 12, 2013
San Diego, CA
ERA;2026314 said:
Sweet. I'd love to see both of your Turbo As some day at a meet.

You should also check out SoCalSupras.org if you haven't already. I've met up with another member named Dawly in San Diego, and we're working on getting my Supra running after having sat some time:

http://socalsupras.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4808

The website hasn't been quite as active as it used to be, but there's still some life in it. I'm hoping eventually things will pick up again, especially after getting the Supra back on the road.

thats cool bud. ill check out the site :) and hit you all up when i get some time after i return