See the Purolator PureOne new Purty filter

blue7mgte

May 9, 2007
austin,texas
Thats why i use Toyota oem filters,even though they cost 12 bucks but they come wraped in plastic so you know nothing is inside the element

AFQC

What was that noise?
Mar 30, 2008
Vancouver WA
I did an oil change today and put one of these in. I took a good look inside the filter (without cutting it up) and didn’t see any contamination. No flakes on the seal either.

One thing I did notice is that the filter specified by the book in the store was part # PL10241. In the first pic in the thread the filter is a PL30001 and it looks longer than the 10241. Is the PL30001 a direct fit for the 7M?

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Purolator's E-Catalog application tool shows the filter to be mainly for Cobras, AMCs, and Aston Martins but assuming there's space to mount it it'll work on this car, as will a whole bunch of other filters. Over the years I've run everything from Mann-Hummels to Bosch on mine. After all in the filter world 3/4-16 is common as dirt. As long as it fits and the bypass setting is within reason (and even that's not a big deal) there's no reason any filter won't do the job. Which isn't much of a job to begin with...but that's another story.

Who

Supramania Contributor
AFQC;1032210 said:
I did an oil change today and put one of these in. I took a good look inside the filter (without cutting it up) and didn’t see any contamination. No flakes on the seal either.

One thing I did notice is that the filter specified by the book in the store was part # PL10241. In the first pic in the thread the filter is a PL30001 and it looks longer than the 10241. Is the PL30001 a direct fit for the 7M?

Sorry to confuse you. That filter pic is for my Ford explorer not for the Supra. I will try and edit the first post.

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
blue7mgte;1031723 said:
Thats why i use Toyota oem filters,even though they cost 12 bucks but they come wraped in plastic so you know nothing is inside the element

at the dealership near my house its one filter for $7 or two for $11. i always buy two.

i do like purone filters though, just have never put one on my supra.

frams suck, i put one on my dodge and the valve train went to ticking like hell at startup. went back to the mopar no noise since.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
blue7mgte;1031723 said:
Thats why i use Toyota oem filters, I really like buying a sub-par filter at top dollar prices. But they come wraped in plastic so you know nothing is inside the element, that makes paying the extra $7 each worth it.

bmoss85;1032474 said:
at the dealership near my house its one filter for $7 or two for $11. i always buy two so I can really feel good about buying crappy filters

Fixed it for you guys ;)

Read this...I certainly hope you decide to use a good filter vs the current version Toyota OEM
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42763

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
ive always bought the toyota filters b/c thats what dad has always used.

but he has been pro pure one for awhile now. i didnt realize the oem filters were so crappy. ill be sure not to use one when i get my car running.

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Mar 31, 2005
Vienna, VA
AFQC;1032210 said:

In my book it is. I've been using the 30001 for years. The specs are very similar: base gasket size is exactly the same, threads are the same, and the relief valve psi is similar enough for me. Besides, the 30001 is cheaper than the 10241.

There may be a fit issue on a stock 7MGTE for the longer 30001, but on the NA Supra it fits with room to spare.

And, another filter dissection site that I've not seen here yet: http://www.knizefamily.net/minimopar/oilfilters/

Asterix

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
I just want to add that on the Purolator filters I've bought, there is a round piece of plastic on the bottom of the filter that curls up around the sides about a centimeter...effectively sesaling the inside of the filter. Nothing should get in there now ;)