San antonio

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
How did you route your pipe? Where exactly does your 2.5" pipe run through? I tried to run it how the stock pipe is supposed to go. I'm going to take another good look and try again tomorrow. I'll take pics and show you what I'm talking about.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
no biffs for me tonight
maybe cars and coffee if i dont drink to much tonight. what time are you going?

travis you going?

rufus: i ran it close to the stock position.
the 45deg pipe coming off the turbo hits my subframe/ rack a little bit

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Ok, I got off my ass last night and cut some pipes.
Here's a Ubend that I cut into four 45* pieces. This would help me make some twist and turns around obstacles.

ubend.jpg

I took one of the 45* pieces and ran it so along side the turbo. I'm going to use a silicone 90* 2" - 2.5" bend from the turbo to the pipe. I think I'm going to add 1" of straight pipe to that bend so the clamp can tighten to the 90* silicone bend pretty good.

turbo.jpg

Going down. I took another 45* piece and started to run it down. I think I had to put a little twist on it to get it through the lower coolant, and power steering hoses.

down1h.jpg

I then took another 45* piece with a little bit of leg on it and routed it like so. Getting closer to the intercooler.

down2d.jpg

Next is a small straight piece, and the other 45* piece with the 5" leg. I tried to get it as close as I could to the intercooler. That straight piece is just a piece of scrap that I found in the "box O pipes" and decided to use it. I'll later replace it with another one.

tointercooler.jpg

Here what the finished pipe is going to look like. I'll have to make some fine tune adjustments one I get my silicone couplers in and get the final fit-up in position. Then I'll have someone tig weld it up, and take some pics of the final piece. So far so good.

finishpipe.jpg

CT26smoker

Banned
May 25, 2010
Houston
Just a suggestion before you take it to be welded.......
Aluminum that has been cut with anything steel does not like to be welded.
So if you cut those with a hacksaw, sandpaper the ends before welding.
Steel cutting tools will leave behind molecules that will react with the aluminum in the welding process.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I cut them with a 10" cut off wheel on a miter saw. The same wheel that I used to cut SS pipes. So I'm sure there's some contamination going on there. I was wonder about that, and what I could do to clean off those ends. So I can use sandpaper and clean off the ends? I'm hoping I don't have issues with welding. I'll let the welder know so he can suggest what to do, or he may just turn down the job all together.

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I was gonna go to cars and coffee but I slept in..I should've got up though. It was a good turn out apparently and there was a toys for tots cruise after also. Oh well hopefully ill make it next month

And that's some nice work there rufus and I had no idea you could contaminate metal like that..good to know

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
san supra;1646462 said:
rear quarter got side swiped in front of my house last night, nice dent right at the wheel well.

it was on the pretty side too....fuck.

Sad to hear. I almost got hit the other day because some stupid chick decided to go over 3 lanes on I10 without looking. :nono:Luckily i had enough room to avoid getting hit but she was literally inches from hitting my car.:aigo:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
That sucks. I wish I could tell I could help you fix that, but I'm not much of a bodyman.
BTW, I can run your hardpipes to you whenever you like after I get off of work. I get off around 1:30pm M-F. Let me know, and I'll swing by and drop them off.