San antonio

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
san supra;1612168 said:
rufus how's the car coming along?

Slow as usual. Trying to get over this wedding thing of my brother's. I'm out of funds at the moment.
It looks like the feed and drain lines that I bought are a little too long. It's not so bad for the feed, but the drain looks like it's going to curve up a little before it drains. Kinda like a P trap under your sink, but not as bad. I've head that's not good. I'll see about getting a pic once I mount the turbo with the line connected. Anyhow it looks like I might have to buy (or make) a spacer to elevate the turbo so I won't have that P trap issue. I still have to figure out how I'm going to route the turbo to intercooler pipe.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
rufus ,i have a bunch of leftover fitting from that oil return line kit. if you can find some stainless steel hose, you can have them and make your own hose. is your turbo v band? if so i'm getting rid of my downpipe when i buy a new 1. you can have it if you want .

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Unfortunately it's not Vband. On center 4bolt turbine housing. Yeah, I know... but that's what I have in the meantime. I wouldn't mind using your downpipe, cutting off the vband fitting, and welding the 4bolt to it. I'll hang on to that vband fitting if I ever decide to get a "real" turbo later.
As far as the drain line goes I'm going to mock it up and see if it droops. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks a bunch though.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
san supra;1612168 said:
miguel did you replace the starter yet?
This week has been crazy. Ill hopefully get a chance to change it out tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

S.A. supra;1612216 said:
Anyone want to go to this meet? Me and Travis are gonna try and make it out.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?128853-Austin-Hill-Country-Cruise-(10-16-10)
If for some reason i end up not going to Supra's Invade Las Vegas (which starts around the same time) you can count me in on this too.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Ok, have a couple of issues. First off, this SSAC manifold apparently is designed for tangential style turbine housings. My on center turbine will not clear the charcoal canister & a/c lines when trying to put it on the manifold.
Second, I've got some serious p-trap issues with the drain line. You really can't tell by the angle of the pics, but it curves pretty bad.
To overcome these issues I'd either have to buy a Tangential housing and shorten the drain line. Or fab up a spacer that would raise and tuck in the turbine housing, so it would clear and fix the drain line issue with no p-trap problem. So.... back to the drawing board.

002sy.jpg

004qjn.jpg

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Nah, it really isn't. I don't have another choice right now. I measured the compressor and exhaust wheels the other day. Turns out it just an ole plain jane 60trim T04e with .69 AR Ptrim turbine. Nothing special. Maybe later if I run into some cash again I'll step it up. As for now that's all I have to work with. It's killing me that I'm so close to finishing and I just can't right now. But I have come a long way after seeing this thread and meeting you guys. You guys have given me the desire to finish this car. Even if it's at a snails pace, I've done more to it than I ever would have. There was a time I was going to sell it completely disassembled with boxes full of parts for little to nothing to a friend. I'm glad I didn't. Soon she'll be back on the road. Soon.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Hey Rufus you can use my exhaust housing until you get another turbo or what ever your gonna do. It's a p trim, 3 inch v band, a/r .70, divided T4. let me know. I want to see that thing back on the road!!!!!

Darrell is sending his kid to college right now and thats not cheap, He has the head in the shop right now. he should be getting it out soon. College is bogging him down at the moment.

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Ok so I sold the crx finally! So I got about 1600 to play with out of it...what should I do?

R154 swap?
Tranny ?
Bellhousing 350
Clutch 500
Driveshaft 150?
Misc 200

Or newer mkiv or is300 or sc300 w58 and other goodies?
Tranny ?
Y-pipe/DP 150
A/C ?
Tie rods 100
Rotors 120
??? Suggestions?

What do you guys think?

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Yea I'm leaning towards that and the other goodies I can pick up cheaper one at a time over the winter. Oh yea 1jz flywheel too. How much are those? I didn't think 1600 would be a tight budget for an r154 swap...

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Michael, I'll take up on that offer. I really appreciate it. Oh, and I sent my son to Pre K this year... and that shit broke my bank. My wife went nuts buying him school clothes, supplies, and whatever else went with that.

CT26smoker

Banned
May 25, 2010
Houston
Hate to tell you this, but that drain line is going to cause you problems for more reasons than one.
The droop is not good at all,
and it is way too small.
That really needs to be about a #10 hose.

Suprapowaz!(2);1612569 said:

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
You got it Rufus. And like smoker says it does look a little small but its hard to tell what size it is. If you get about 17 inches of 10 hose I have the fittings that go on both ends. You can cut it to fit. I had a bell of a time mocking the turbo up.

And David go give your mom a big hug......

I'm getting old, my boy is a freshmen in high school.... where has the time gone?