San antonio

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
jrome08;1422565 said:
wats up guys have any of u every converted or know anything about converting a n/a auto to standard???

Never done that. did you fix the slow start problem?
san supra;1423829 said:
no but i drained it. you still need that cps or head gasket?

If you need help with that tank let me know.

I have a cps, tps, tb, csi and a thermostat that i still need to put in the 7mgte. I am hopeful that it will do the job. If not I'll send it to the shop and admit defeat:cry: I'm gonna do that sat before the meet.

Suprastylin23

mikey d
Mar 2, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
jrome08;1422565 said:
wats up guys have any of u every converted or know anything about converting a n/a auto to standard???

my car was originally an auto and had a 5speed swapped in by the previous owner...there's a couple how to's out there that will walk you through it...rounding up parts is the hardest part i assume...

jrome08

Aug 22, 2009
san antonio
S.A. supra;1424342 said:
Never done that. did you fix the slow start problem?

If you need help with that tank let me know.

I have a cps, tps, tb, csi and a thermostat that i still need to put in the 7mgte. I am hopeful that it will do the job. If not I'll send it to the shop and admit defeat:cry: I'm gonna do that sat before the meet.

not yet man i wish though i took it back home to do some other stuff but im headed down there next weekend and im going to work on it and see wat i can do i have a few ideas im going to try on it

Hames

Sep 13, 2009
San Antonio, TX
just another supra owner checking in i've got a 87' Turbo 5 speed down for a rebuild and 87' Mr2 5 speed i daily .
p1425457_1.jpg

p1425457_2.jpg

don't ask about the pinstripes on the mr2 previous owners doing and it's under clear coat so i can't take them off.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I thought we were going to meet at Chacho's tomorrow. Is it not tomorrow, Oct. 10th?
san supra, do you have a decent headgasket for sale? S.A. supra, if you don't make use of it may I have a gander at it? I have a cheapie Ebay headgasket that I'm not going to use. If anybody wants that... you can have it.

BTW, if we do meet tomorrow can you bring that throttle linkage S.A. supra? That's if you can make it.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Suprapowaz!(2);1425502 said:
I thought we were going to meet at Chacho's tomorrow. Is it not tomorrow, Oct. 10th?
san supra, do you have a decent headgasket for sale? S.A. supra, if you don't make use of it may I have a gander at it? I have a cheapie Ebay headgasket that I'm not going to use. If anybody wants that... you can have it.

BTW, if we do meet tomorrow can you bring that throttle linkage S.A. supra? That's if you can make it.

Yeah I'll be there tomorrow for sure.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
Suprapowaz!(2);1425502 said:

yeah ill bring all my head gaskets

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
Hames;1425457 said:
just another supra owner checking in i've got a 87' Turbo 5 speed down for a rebuild and 87' Mr2 5 speed i daily .
p1425727_1.jpg

p1425727_2.jpg

don't ask about the pinstripes on the mr2 previous owners doing and it's under clear coat so i can't take them off.

well bring your mr2 out and meet us today at 6pm

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
san supra;1425725 said:
yeah ill bring all my head gaskets

Aww man! I should have checked this thread before heading out. I would have brought cash to buy one. I wasn't sure you were going to be there or bring them. I would like to buy the felpro from you soon. Let me know when we can meet. S.A. supra, I hope I'm not stepping on your toes. Did you want that one?
It sure was nice meeting you guys, and shooting the bull ( http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/shoot+the+bull ).

I'm really pumped to get my Supra up and going now. I hope soon enough to attack a certain 1jz. Yeah that's right, I called you out! I'm coming for you! But first, would you happen to have a decent clutch disc for sale. I need some help.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Some paint work I've done in the past.

Complete paint on an Eclipse.
058ve4.jpg

072he2.jpg

Complete paint on a older Honda Accord.
hondapaint045ao4.jpg

My Brother's Toyota Solara.
abc031zh4.jpg

car030nt1.jpg

Complete paint on a Camaro.
039fi.jpg

Partial paint. Did the passenger quarter, and rear door.
049ka.jpg

Partial. Painted front bumper cover, blended the fenders, and rear bumper.
003rlf.jpg

011ln.jpg

Complete paint on an Integra. It was in the booth prepped and ready to spray. Notice the overspray on the exhaust? I didn't mask this car. The owner of the car did. He was in a hurry to get it painted and skimp on the details. This was the last car I painted.
021fb.jpg

022xr.jpg

I've done lots more work, and helped other classmate with their paint jobs. I just wasn't able to get pics at the time. They take pics, and were supposed to email them to me. The didn't.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Suprapowaz!(2);1426074 said:
Aww man! I should have checked this thread before heading out. I would have brought cash to buy one. I wasn't sure you were going to be there or bring them. I would like to buy the felpro from you soon. Let me know when we can meet. S.A. supra, I hope I'm not stepping on your toes. Did you want that one?
It sure was nice meeting you guys, and shooting the bull ( http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/shoot+the+bull ).

I'm really pumped to get my Supra up and going now. I hope soon enough to attack a certain 1jz. Yeah that's right, I called you out! I'm coming for you! But first, would you happen to have a decent clutch disc for sale. I need some help.

I had a good time you guys. It was lots of fun. Let's do it again next month.

I didn't need a head gasket my bro in law did, but he is undecided on what he wants to do. So its all yours.

As I was driving off I remembered the linkage. Sorry, about not giving it to you. I'll keep it in the old sup maybe we can meet up some time. or at the next meet perhaps.

Nice ass paint jobs! Maybe you can paint my 89 when I get her up and running. I wouldn't be a cheap ass about it. Look on page four and you'll see picks of the 89. I has a couple of dents and if you look above my bro in laws head you can see the two spots where the clear coat is peeling.

san supra I'll keep an eye out for a supra for your friend. We need to get him in a sup. So he to can be frustrated and irritated. it's only fair.

Last edited:

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
nice paint jobs! I hope everyone can get here cars straighten out soon so we can have a real supra meet and not a people with supras meet. haha

jrome08

Aug 22, 2009
san antonio
Suprapowaz!(2);1426085 said:
Some paint work I've done in the past.

I've done lots more work, and helped other classmate with their paint jobs. I just wasn't able to get pics at the time. They take pics, and were supposed to email them to me. The didn't.

dang man clean paint jobs!!! how much do u do full paint jobs for!! and wat if paint and primer are supplied?? let me know for both

jrome08

Aug 22, 2009
san antonio
so howd it go saturday guys??? how many supras did yall have out this time?? as uv heard mines getting worked on but saturday i was busy at the time my little sister had a golf tournament up here if not i would have gone out guys hopefully i can get to one soon

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
san supra;1426231 said:
nice paint jobs! I hope everyone can get here cars straighten out soon so we can have a real supra meet and not a people with supras meet. haha

Thanks. Yeah, no kidding about the "people with supras" meet. Well, all except for S.A. supra that is.

When can I pick up that HG, and valve stem seals from you? LMK please.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
jrome08;1426344 said:
dang man clean paint jobs!!! how much do u do full paint jobs for!! and wat if paint and primer are supplied?? let me know for both

Depends on condition of the existing paint, what all you want done, how far in detail you wanna go, and what brand of paint you prefer.

What kind/brand of paint and primer do you have? What type of paint is it? Single stage? BC / CC?