Rough IDLE, boucing rpms UGH!!

tmoneyrx7

May 31, 2009
nj
hey

ok so heres what happened.... a month ago i had to do a head gasket replacement, I replaced it and reinstalled everything without a problem and installed everything according to the book,everything worked out great! cams were at TDC and so was the crank pulley, i followed the TSRM to assist me with the reassembly.

-now heres my issue, my rpms are boucing under 1k and the car shakes, also, when i floor it the car does not respond as it used to:nono:, i checked my timing and it was WAAAAAY off so i went out and got a timing light and attempted to set it, noticed that i cannot set timing at 10 degrees as the TSRM tells me to, i figured its my ignition so...

-i replaced the rotor for the distributor and replaced the ignition coil, and im still having the same issue :icon_mad: i set the timing as close to 10 degrees without it stalling, im getting shitty ass gas milage too

can anyone help me or give me some pointers...thank u in advance

i have a 94 supra NA auto, bone stock, no engine mods and it has 178k

-Tony

tmoneyrx7

May 31, 2009
nj
also i forgot to mention,

when you step on the gas the car does not pick up or respond like it used to, its very "laggy" per say to pick up speed.

also....how can you test or tell if a timing belt needs to be replaced?

thank you again everyone

You probably have the spark timer setting off by 180 degrees. The gear has 13 teeth. Take it out, notice where the magetic pickoff is, and rotate the shaft 180 degrees, given the odd number of teeth, You may need to do a "tooth skip" routine afterwards to get the timing right,but it will cover the range of 0 to 15 degrees.

BenieK

tmoneyrx7;1446619 said:
also i forgot to mention,

when you step on the gas the car does not pick up or respond like it used to, its very "laggy" per say to pick up speed.

also....how can you test or tell if a timing belt needs to be replaced?

thank you again everyone