Removing AC

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
Since you have gone that far, get everything else out. Condensor, evaporator, lines, reciever/dryer, and more lines.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
No A/C? What are you gonna do in summer wear a cool suit? Drive naked? (I think that may be illegal.) Seriously, doesn't this kill the value of the car, not to mention the comfort factor. I know your gonna say less horsepower drain on the motor but comon, is it really worth it? Just curious on why people do this. :icon_conf

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Less HP drain..... remove the belt.

Seriously how much HP can the belt/clutch suck when it's not engaged.

There was another thread about this split between AirCon lovers/Haters ;)
(I love all the creature comforts in the Supra if I wanted a fast light car it would be an early Celica with a 6 bolted in)

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
IJ. said:
Less HP drain..... remove the belt.

Seriously how much HP can the belt/clutch suck when it's not engaged.

There was another thread about this split between AirCon lovers/Haters ;)
(I love all the creature comforts in the Supra if I wanted a fast light car it would be an early Celica with a 6 bolted in)

Agreed.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Yeah I've been looking for a supra for a friend to buy and a lot of them look good until I read the AC has been removed. Then it's like, damn, one more thing he is going to want me to fix for him. What a pain in the ass. I just don't understand, when 0.3 lbs. of boost will take care of any weight added by those components. Unless it's a hard core track only car, I just don't understand why. To each there own I guess. In response to the thread starter. Yes, you can loop them but that runs the risk of them coming undone and causing problems. You best bet is to do like tubbie said and remove the rest of the components.

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
not even.. it is the equivalent of removing a tensioner pully from a component, and using the component to tension the belt instead.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
yea, i'm not really into the horsepower gains of it, but i have a targa and windows for the summer, and the AC doesnt work anyways. I've made it, i'll live. so i'm taking care of the lines now, so what do i do about the ones that go into my radiator???

S

Slow Poopra 7MGTE

thjats what i like to hear, scrap it all, dump powersteering and back interior while your at it