Remote Starters w/cool down timers

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
slidebabyslide said:
would they have to be the same alarm system? or could they be the other alarms that you offer? i would really want a clifford with keyless/alarm but no auto-start. I guess i would have to get the automate am-5, Dose it come with the tt harness? When would you need the money for them?
I would be down , but i can't pay till April the 6th. How much for shipping to
salinas, ca 93905? thanks

For the group buy i could get you the actual Clifford model. The GB would be for any ten systems.

AustinJ

Jun 20, 2005
Medford, OR
I just wanted to chime in my support for a group buy if that happens.

Also wanted to ask about air-pressure-sensors/radar-sensors/whatever works to secure the car if I leave the targa open. Do you know of anything that works well for that? Would it be easy to add to your already stunningly awesome install kit?

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
AustinJ said:
I just wanted to chime in my support for a group buy if that happens.

Also wanted to ask about air-pressure-sensors/radar-sensors/whatever works to secure the car if I leave the targa open. Do you know of anything that works well for that? Would it be easy to add to your already stunningly awesome install kit?

The Air pressure sensors are not meant for open vehicles, they measure differences in airpressure caused my someone pounding on a window as an example. The radar type usually called a Proximity or prox for short is a better choice for a removed targa. I would mount this in the drivers footwell aimed at the seat. This position will allow you to turn up the sensetivity while keeping the field narrow to avoid falsing. Some people like to mount the sensor in the center console to cover the passenger side as much but this tends to place the sensor too high and allows it to "see" too far out the side windows. This leads to falsing due to people or cars passing closely. Kind of annoying if your parked in a public place.

I can add these to any of the security systems. They would be the two stage type like the shock sensors .First stage would be a chirping warn away outer perimeter, then a full alarm inner perimeter. I'ld also include a switch to shut this sensor off.

I really only think these are nessesary if you plan on leaving the top off and windows down. Otherwise the shock sensors are very capable of being set sensative enough too detect someone grabbing at something in the car. Just try reaching for something sitting on the drivers seat over the rolled up window. Its not that easy.

Anyhow, figure about $50 for the prox. upgrade.

Apr 1, 2005
WA
is it possible to get the clifford matrix 12.5X (and/or viper 5002)? if so, how much? this is a 2way system without remote start but has a different remote that allows adjustment of the shock sensor from the remote.

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
screaminglemon said:
is it possible to get the clifford matrix 12.5X (and/or viper 5002)? if so, how much? this is a 2way system without remote start but has a different remote that allows adjustment of the shock sensor from the remote.

I don't have these in stock yet. Upscale security only models are slow sellers. And this one is new for '07. But I can get them. $325 shipped.

Apr 1, 2005
WA
BigTree said:
If there is a GB count me in 110%.

im in for a group buy too. so lets get this list started. only 8 more needed:biglaugh:

1. BigTree 3.5 --- Matrix 50.5X
2. Screaminglemon --- Matrix 12.5X + extras(i will pm details if this gets rolling)

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
Ok lets not start the list here I'll be post a GB thread in the Official GB section. I don't want to piss anybody off so I need to go by the rules. Thanks for the enthusiasm though.