Remote Starters w/cool down timers

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
I now have everything I need in stock to start taking orders for 86.5 to 90's. I'll have the turbo timer harnesses for the 91-92's soon.

I now have updated info on the '07 Clifford line up. They have changed up some of the systems. A couple of models have been dropped and some brand new ones added.Please check out Clifford's website for info on the vast number of features. It'll also help out sorting through which model is right for you. If you need help or if anything is unclear PM me.

http://www.clifford.com
1. AM-2 Keyless Entry 500' $130**
2. AM-5 Alarm / Keyless 500' $180
3. Matrix 12 Alarm / Keyless 1000' $210
4. Matrix 12.5X LCD 2-way Alarm / Keyless 1000' $350
5. Matrix RS1.1 Remote Start / Keyless 1000' $230
6. Matrix RS1.1L Remote Start / Keyless 1-Mile $305
7. Matrix 20.5X LCD 2-way Remote Start / Keyless 1-Mile $425
8. Matrix RS2.1 Alarm / Remote start / Keyless 1000' $300
9. Matrix RSX3.5 LCD 2-way Alarm / Remote Start / Keyless 1000' $400
10. Matrix 50.5X LCD 2-way Alarm / Remote Start / Keyless 1-Mile $475
11. Matrix 70.5x Color LCD 2-way Alarm / Remote Start / Keyless 1000' $575
12. Valet Remote Start w/ Keyless (only 3 available) 800' $180

It may seem like a lot more models are listed now but that is only because I added the 1-Mile model numbers instead of just listing it as an upgrade.

**keyless only will not include turbo timer harness.

Cool Down feature only on systems with remote start.

Ok here are some pics. These are of the Matrix RSX 3.5

p497179_1.jpg

This pic is of what you would recieve minus the my install manual. The baggie on the left is the extra install parts I'm including.
p497179_2.jpg

This is a closeup of the ignition swith plugs with the turbo timer harness.
p497179_3.jpg

p497179_4.jpg

These are pics of the main module.
p497179_5.jpg

And just for comparison this is what these units look like normally out of the box.

I am trying to make the instructions as user friendly as possible , step by step, wire by wire , so that the result should be as if it were installed by a pro.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know .

Last edited:

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
Do you guys have manuals or autos? I do not recomend remote starts for manuals. And for Liability reasons I won't build the clucth bypasses.
Just a heads up.
I have started taking photos of the Alarm/RS/keyless install on my MKIII. I'll start posting pics of the harnessing and some product shots soon.
If any of the Mods see this and have an auto equipped supra that could use a remote start let me know and maybe I'll send them a demo piece so they can vouch for my work.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
are you talking plug and play? that would be THE shit.
the one thing i can't fucking stand about aftermarket alarms and remote starts is the complete and total hack job that people go through to get them installed.
If you're marketing a plug and play harness with minimal factory harness cutting involved, I'd say you've got a real good thing going.

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
Well you would have to tap the harness with supplied taps.
If some one wanted total plug and play I would need alot of donor harnesses And that would get crazy expensive.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
ah shit. oh well.
as long as it's a quality product, it's really up to the installer as to how haggard the final result would be.

i'm not looking forward to the "installed remote start/alarm, now my high beams come on when i turn on the heat" threads. lol

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
An alarm that was easy to install and easy to uninstall alarm would be sweet. On that note i just spent the better part of 2 hours uninstalling my cars previouse owners "custom" alarm system. Really, who connects there alarm to there subs really I am just lucky the car hasn't cought fire yet(hot wires just shoved behide the dash no inslation or any thing )

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
Yeah I'm trying to make this as monkey proof as possible.
Most install manuals are so generic only a pro can use them.
Aside from completley assembling the harness to length I'll give wire by wire photo directions. A do it yourselfer with the right tools should be able to get the job done as if I was there with them. Thats my goal anyway.

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
Actually If I got turbo timer harnesse I could make the Ignition switch harness part ture plug and play. Any body got a soure I could get these from?

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
I would be down for Alarm/Remote start w/keyless. I don't mind to tap the harness. Instead of sourcing the Turbo Timer Harness just have those wanting that to ship you theres & charge a fair fee to do that. I think the harness are diffrent depending on brand. Or were you talking about eliminating the TT alltogether? If so I wouldn't want to do that because of the other features it has I find quite usefull.

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
Toyo, this was a GENIUS idea. Unfortunately since you know I work at a CC, I won't be in on this because of the cost I can get one for, but honestly man, props for a great idea for the SM community!

Just for shits n giggles, I'm interested in what the ball park price be too.

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Doubt that will happen guys, it is illegal to have a remote start on a manual car, so would be stupid to sell a kit for legal issues!

You can of course, hypothetically, purchase the auto remote starter and bypass the clutch switch yourself ;)

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
Sounds good, Im not a "fan" of alarms but a keyless entry would be cool. I had a crazy alarm/remote start/keyless thing on a WS6 Trans Am and one day it decided to at random not let me start the car.

If you can do a clean "no hack" all the wires up job then cool. The wires currently in the fuse panel by my foot looks like a rats nest because of all the diffent systems put in there by prev owners.. :(

dav_dman

old guy
Oct 23, 2005
louisville KY/so.IN metro area
Jaguar_5 said:
Doubt that will happen guys, it is illegal to have a remote start on a manual car, so would be stupid to sell a kit for legal issues!

You can of course, hypothetically, purchase the auto remote starter and bypass the clutch switch yourself ;)

what manual switch. Got rid of it.

on a 17yr old car i don't need another old relay to fail when i'm out some night.

but brand new electronics i'm okay with.

On that note, must i hook up remote start in order to have turbo timer?
i don't need remote start at all on this car.. i don't drive it in the winter..it's a 3 season car only, for me.

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
Jaguar_5 said:

Uhh maybe in washington it's illegal, but it isn't illegal here; it's just not highly recommended :p

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
Ok I think I figured out most of what I need to.

First let me address some of the questions.
1. If you have a turbo timer, you can still use it. The way I'm going to do this you will just unplug your ignition switch conn. and plug in the HKS TT harness that I'm going to be using for these. Your TT if you have one can plug in behind this. The turbo cool down timer feature of the remote starters I'm using can be programmed for 1, 3, 5, or 10 minutes. I have never owned or used a TT so I'm not sure what features it has besides being a cool down timer but I don't think they monitor engine rpm, do they? Well the remote starters do so the offer over rev protection in case for some odd reason your thottle is open while under the timer, ei. the kids mash the gas while you run into the 7-11.

2. I will not be setting any of these up for manual trans or descibing the way to do this. Its not worth the liability to me . I have seen more than a few stick shifts rolling across a parking lot because some one said " I never leave my car in gear ." All it takes is once and you hope its just property that gets damaged and not a kid or something.

3.The 500' range is only on the basic keyless or alarm w/keyless units.

4.All of the remote start units have 1000 ft range.

5.The 1 mile range is available on any of the remote starters for $75

6. The 2-way units only come with 1 LCD remote. I can add more remotes but I will have to get back to you on pricing.

7. The units will be set up so that the ignition switch harness will be plug and play. Depending on which system you get there will be between 5 - 12 small guage wires to tap. I will supply all the hardware needed to complete the install: taps, ties, and such.

8. Prices are tentative and include shipping to the 48.

9. Once you place an order I will need to speak with you to go over all the programmable settings. Run times , lock and unlock features, passive or active features. Once I build the unit I will power it up and flash its memory with your choice of settings . You will be able to change most of these if you want down the with the programming switch but its a lot easier if I do it for you. The only thing you will have to Program yourself is your tach rate but its super easy, just start your car and push a button.

So anyway I narrowed down the standard list to these units but if you want something more custom let me know.
Oh if anyone was wondering what brand these are going to be They'll be from Directed Electronics . Thats Clifford, Viper, Automate, Python, and such. They are all pretty much interchangable. Clifford Is what I'll be basing these prices off. Its the best looking remotes IMO and is positioned as directed premium brand. I know some people are particular to Viper but its really the same thing. however If someone wants viper I'll do it but its goint to be $50 more just because I don't stock it and it takes up my time to go get it.

1. Keyless Entry 500' range $130
2. Alarm w/Keyless 500' range $180
3. Remote Start w/Keyless 1000' $230
4. Alarm/Remote Start/Keyless 1000' $300
5. 2-way Remote Start/Keyless 1000' $350
6. 2-way Alarm/R.S./Keyless 1000' $400
7. Add 1-Mile+ range $75