Remote Starters w/cool down timers

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
Dude, Yes. I do. Stfu. People on this forum like good deals, and like to know what they are Exactly getting for that price! If I find a clifford system for 170, and have it installed for 1-200.. I might save some money, OTHERS might aswell.

I am sorry I do not own a business and try and promote products and make a good cut myself. You shouldn't bring up the hoodies when I spent $60 and the thing is already ripping and I wear it once every two weeks.. if that.

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
Funny, you're the ONLY one to have a problem with it, I own two, my mom owns one, my (now) ex-gf owns one, and I gave a few to friends, NONE of theirs have ripped. I work on my car in one of mine for god's sake, the ONLY rip it has in it is from me dragging it along the radiator, and it was enough to rip my elbow to shreds along with the tear in the hoodie, so DONT even act like I sent you some low quality product.

You make it quite evident to all of us that you do not have any knowledge of running your own business or trade. If you sold everything at cost, you'd never make a damn dime; you may have a ton of return customers, but guess what--you'd only be in business until the first electric/rent/water/sewer bill came! People gotta eat bro, it's just the way it is. If he's making $20, $50, hell even $100 off of these, good for him, he's still providing them at LESS than retail cost with a plug and play harness. Now go get some vagisil for your panocha and stfu.

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
Hey TTL, We get this all the time from dealerships and customers. They always want to know why the guys down the street advertise for $149 while we charge $225. And i always tell them you get what you pay for . And with this type of product the install determines the quality of the final product. So I will never be the cheapest way to go, just the best. And as far as cost you have to add the t harness and all the other supplies to those numbers.

Anyway, Thanks for the backup TTL. You just earned yourself a " promotional piece".

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
Im just sitting here saying, What comes with this! If i am spending $400 I want to know what will be in the box at my door step.

TTL is just backing up this thread so he can kiss ass and get free parts to "test" on his car, like he's been doing since it started.

Turbo. Targa. Life.

Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
You want to explain to me what part of my post was "kiss-ass"? Let's see here, first paragraph: put you in your place regarding hoodies. Second paragraph: explained why his product may or may not cost more "xxxx", but it's STILL less than retail, with a plug and play feature. Anything else to say Joe?

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
You never put me in place about hoodies. You even TOLD me how much you were buying hoodies for. Or so called buy them for. You were buying them for what, $20 a peice? I found them for 9-13 and showed you, to perhaps help "you" get a better deal. You told me screen printing came out to 3-5 dollars Per hoodie, and shipping was 5-10.

Listen, I expect this bullshit salesmenship from car dealers or expensive clothing stores. Not at a forum made for information. I am beginning to believe the only reason why some people join this forum is to make PROFIT off of us.

And no, I am not talking about only MYSELF. There are TONS of people on this forum who Look for good deals and guys who are trying to give BACK to the community rather than make a business for themselves.

I doubt you know how to run a business aswell. You are as old as I am and you only "know" someone who does screen printing. Or do you do your Own?

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Damn, you just said exactly what I say on a damn near daily basis :)

toyo4life said:
Hey TTL, We get this all the time from dealerships and customers. They always want to know why the guys down the street advertise for $149 while we charge $225. And i always tell them you get what you pay for . And with this type of product the install determines the quality of the final product. So I will never be the cheapest way to go, just the best.

supraman06

Clean BPU Supra
Dec 27, 2005
TX
s73.photobucket.com
I can vouche for this Clifford system. I have installed one on my car and works very nicely. It was a little bit of a bitch but then again it was the first time for me installing an alarm.

HTH and Good luck!

-Nick-

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
^^ I was also going to ask this. My brother has a clifford 3.5 in his car, automatic, but the company he had wire it up never installed the remote start. He is wondering if he could get some instructions on how do to this. If available.

Feb 13, 2006
Ohio
Im not trying to clutter your thread, i think you have a fantastic idea here and this is great deal for members to jump on . A car alarm was my very first mod :D

To the point; If you have a manual supra (like me) and want an keyless, 2 way paging, decent range, and AUTOSTART meant for a manual transmission equipped car, then look into Compustar alarms. Compustar sells alarms with sort of a smart system for autostarting. It is fairly idiot proof and i would recommend it to anyone. I love mine. Oh it has a turbo timer feature too, however i cannot comment on this since i still have to program mine in.

Feel free to delete if im shitting on anyone's cereal with this post but i think the manual guys feel a little left out :D

Turbo. Targa. Life.

Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
JoeC said:
You never put me in place about hoodies. You even TOLD me how much you were buying hoodies for. Or so called buy them for. You were buying them for what, $20 a peice? I found them for 9-13 and showed you, to perhaps help "you" get a better deal. You told me screen printing came out to 3-5 dollars Per hoodie, and shipping was 5-10.

Listen, I expect this bullshit salesmenship from car dealers or expensive clothing stores. Not at a forum made for information. I am beginning to believe the only reason why some people join this forum is to make PROFIT off of us.

And no, I am not talking about only MYSELF. There are TONS of people on this forum who Look for good deals and guys who are trying to give BACK to the community rather than make a business for themselves.

I doubt you know how to run a business aswell. You are as old as I am and you only "know" someone who does screen printing. Or do you do your Own?

To answer your most personally attacking question first, I do my own screen printing. I worked at a print shop for over a year, only leaving because upper management was bullshit. The man who was my direct "supervisor" runs his own gig out of his garage, with a full setup. We stayed in contact after I left and I did a few sidejobs for him, and eventually led into the supra shirts.

Now, if you really want to go into price breakdowns, here ya go.
Hoodies: 26.99 (after factoring in shipping from manufacturer)
Printing: ~$5 for front and back, 1 color. ~$10 for the 3+ color print front and back I was planning
Shipping: $5-10 depending on how far you are, how many you order, and how heavy the hoodies are. Also depends on the packaging I can fit it in

That makes $37 WITHOUT factoring in my labor. So figure this: when I worked for the print shop, we charged $9 to print PER SHIRT 1 color, plus the cost of the shirt. So that's $4 per shirt in labor. That makes $41 for a 1 color. I also have to pay my guy to burn the screens for me; at the print shop we charged $20 per screen. 3+ colors=at least $120 (front and back remember). Figure that I sold 40 hoodies, that's another $3 per shirt, that makes $44 in cost to ME. I made a whole whopping $6 from the people who were actually involved in the GB. YOU came in extremely late; the screens had already been reclaimed, yadda yadda yadda, thusly I had to redo everything--THAT is where your $60 charge came in. Now shut the hell up and go back to McDonald's.

Is there anything else you'd like to bitch about?

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
TTL your a cocky bitch, those cheap hoodies werent 26.99 you fool. I showed you three different distrubitors selling them for 10 bucks a peice.

If you want to talk more shit, come to the west coast you skinny little faggot. Talk shit to my face.

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
-TTL & JoeC, would you guys mind taking this to PM?-

Anyway, that looks really sweet.

Noob questions for you Toyo on remote locks for manuals.
Stock won't let you start the car without the clutch in. So, lets say you push in the clutch, start it, put it in 1st, and drop your clutch. It dies. wouldn't that be the equivalent of starting with it in 1st with clutch engaged? Would it not just die before it even started?

Second, wouldn't it be easy enough to wire in a switch in the harness that could be mounted in the coinholder or something that you just simply flip to enable remote start, that way if you have the presence of mind to flip the switch to enable RS, you remember to put in neutral. Seems easy enough to me. If the switch isn't flipped, no RS. That way people could also have the option to leave it in gear if they are on a hill or something and not worry about forgetting and hitting RS w/ it in gear but still have the protection of having it in gear if the brake fails, or something along those lines.

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
I wasnt the one who started it, So no. He can delete his posts if the thread needs to be cleaned up, Or a mod can. I came in asking questions because I need an alarm and was interested in buying one. TTL was the one that started shit on Page 7 Post #61. I was just merely stating that if I could find a product cheaper, to save money on my behalf, would the thread starter be able to create a harness that I could buy. He stated his opinion on this. And I went along and asked further questions about the kit, as no one has seen pictures of his work *yet*.

Turbo. Targa. Life.

Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
*sigh* e-thugs. No, I will not delete my posts; if a mod would like to clean this up then let it be, but I will not delete my posts in an act of appology to Joe. I find him to be an immature, ignorant, pompous ass. If you don't trust Toyo, then leave.