Rear windshield upper molding

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
supra90turbo;1520637 said:
Whoa! I was gonna mention Plasti-Dip spray, didn't think anyone else used it.
I would definitely recommend doing that. The stuff is awesome!

Have a whole set of trim that we'll try the plasti on.

RazoE;1520646 said:
yeah, I've done various hoses, brackets, B-pillar velts, and windshield cowl/wipers with it, rolling BALLER-status now...

Pics or it didn't happen.

RazoE;1521840 said:
I use my rear squirter..

for some reason, none of my windshield washers work on my 3 Supras, but the rear ones do on all...

You said squirter.

Athena

Rawr
Jun 22, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I have the same problem as well, It's pretty low on the to do list at the moment though.
I go to this site, http://www.toyotaparts123.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=215450
for a lot of my needs. They give you the listing price and theirs. usually for a lot less.
A friend here showed me the site. It might be something you all have seen/used/not liked before, but I'll toss it out there just in case.

The only issue I have is you have to already know the part #, and sometimes the search doesn't always work right.

Christopher ^_^

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
hvyman;1522148 said:
The sealant holds on the moldings. They will fly off if dont put it on.

Old thread but,

Thats not what i mean, There is a tar like home depot substance all around the glass on the outside of the moldings. I found a buncha glass under the rear seat and it was matching to a rear window so im guessing at one point it was broken into and the glass man who installed the glass didnt seal it very well (explaining the rust in the hatch) and a previous owner tryed to seal it himself.

Ill try to get a picture if needed. It is not supposed to be there tho.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
RazoE;1520568 said:
I have to replace it on all 3 of my supras, as they're all peeled/cracked/rusty...

I sprayed my 89's with a rubberized spray called "PlastiDip" so far it's held up really well, but I'd rather just replace it..

really?? does it look alright, I would think that it would be lumpy, I guess I'll try it my self and seeeee.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Koenigturbo;1541986 said:
really?? does it look alright, I would think that it would be lumpy, I guess I'll try it my self and seeeee.

nope, it looks great..

just small even thin coats, one at a time..

looks just like any rubberized factory part, works best on the windshield cowl..!

YoungGunSupra

Sep 10, 2009
Walnut, California
i have the same problem...my question is (and sorry for thread jacking) when you peel off the plastic..is it ok to peel off all of it? does this moudling have any function? like keeping the water out or anything?

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
RazoE;1542015 said:
nope, it looks great..

looks just like any rubberized factory part, works best on the windshield cowl..!

GREAT!! Just what I was hoping to hear, Thanks you guys, If it wasn't for this thread I probaly would have jus t bought new one's or get them powder coated. answers like this the reason why I like Supramania, cool folks here.

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
RazoE;1542015 said:
nope, it looks great..

I know Raptor Racing was making the lower front windshield cowl in CF. $25.00 bucks more that than the OEM part, it won't rust, won't have to paint and it looks cool too.

nuggets

Apr 14, 2009
Boston
RazoE, I just bought some Plasti-Dip and am going to paint my windshield cowl this week. Mine is in great shape with no rust or peeling - it's just terribly faded and looks crappy behind my newly painted wiper arms. I had two questions for ya if you don't mind. How many coats did you put on and what did you do about the rubber gasket that runs across the top? I was thinking of taping that off and then painting the cowl.

RazoE;1542907 said:
yeah but a can of plasti-dip is $5, the cowl is $255..

I can't say much though, since I want to buy one eventually, but for now, she looks brand new..

nuggets

Apr 14, 2009
Boston
I just painted and installed my plasti-dipped windshield cowl. Here are some pics of what it looks like. I used 4 thin coats. I'm a little worried about it catching dirt easily since the surface is textured. I do like the way it looks though.

4707123406_5e99f14c5f.jpg

4706482109_38468a1292.jpg

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
it looks just like the cowl that was just posted...

I did my IC pipes with it (post IC of course), I'm thinking or spraying my AFM housing, i'll let you guys know how it turns out tomorrow..

attachment.php

attachment.php