rear seat delete kit

90supradrvr

Feb 28, 2008
oak harbor, wa
hey everyone! i know a guy down in arizona that makes rear seat delete kits. he has never made any for a supra and im having him make one for me. what me and him were wondering is would anyone else be intrested in getting one too. he has to do some research on dimensions (or if anyone is near him to stop by with their car) to make one so dont know how much yet, but the ones for the civics are about 200 - 260. i think it would be worth it they are cool. heres some pics of them. his site is www.customrearseatdelete.com he can do them with speaker boxes installed too.
lg_640pic.jpg

lg_race1.jpg

lg_CIMG1152.jpg

lg_cr6.jpg

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
$30 worth of material, a Sunday afternoon, and weighs about the same as the lower cushion:

p1005386_1.jpg

edi

May 17, 2006
www.pxracing.com
what materials are used? i dont know... it looks so boxy. i t doesnt look like theres much room for the front seats to recline either. its a nice concept but is there any other design or possiblities other than whats shown above?

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Remove the seats and sound deadener then find a nice carpet and glue it down to cover the bare metal... That looks the best imo and that's how mine will look when I stop being lazy and finish removing the sound deadener.

Collin

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
bryanintexas;1005386 said:
$30 worth of material, a Sunday afternoon, and weighs about the same as the lower cushion:

p1005963_1.jpg

This man has the right idea. $200 is crazy talk.:aigo:

What did you use to keep it so light? Everyone uses plywood but that gets heavy.

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
Framed it out w/ 1"x2"s and decked it w/ 1/4" MDF. Used a finish nailer (gotta love air tools!) and a jigsaw.

-- OK, mabey a little heavier than the bottom cushions, but WWAAYYY lighter than uppers and lowers w/ all the hinges and hardware. I did not do this for weight savings. The back seat is just too damn small for anyone to ride back there. I will eventually stash an amp and a sub underneath it. :D

90supradrvr

Feb 28, 2008
oak harbor, wa
the one i got weighs less than 20 lbs. but the thing with his is that it goes all the way to the back and he can put panels for your spare tire if you want and makes the cover for your sub and amp. it comes with rails and light weight plastic (i forgot what kind) he also can make them custom to go around your roll cage if you have one. just send all dimensions. im getting one it will look a hell of a lot better than if i was to do it. he carpets them too so your whole carpet will match. he's on here too his screen name is kdezines

prism1

prizmosis jones
May 24, 2006
fresno
i personally dont like the rear seat delete. i dont see the point its not that mich wieght and imo it looks nic and clean with the seats there. if you dont want anyone back there throw in a harness bar or something. just my own little rant.

kdezines

Apr 28, 2008
az
hey guys,

this is keith with k dezines audio and www.customrearseatdelte.com. we are just trying to see how much interest there is in this product for the supras. there is many different reasons for removing the rear seats. some people think the seats are ugly, too small to fit any normal size humans, save weight or use the space for other things. these kits are not for everyone and that is fine. there is 2 different styles of kits. one kit is made from 1/2 mdf and has 2 access doors. one over the spare tire and one where the back seat used to be. this door can be used for storage, battery relocation, stereo equipment, nitrous, etc. this kit is very rigid and will support quite a bit of weigh, easily 100lbs and it would weigh about 40 - 50lbs. it is made more for functionallity and looks rather then weight savings. the second kit is made from a lite weight plastic but does not have any doors. the back piece is attached with velcro to allow access to the spare tire. this kit is not as rigid and will only support about 20-30lbs but will weigh less then 20lbs. if you have any questions, feel free to ask. also look at the customer rides section of the website. this will give you ideas of what can be done with these kits.

thanks keith