Rear BBK anyone?

1jz-Rolla

Sep 11, 2011
Canberra
Where is the best place to order pre-made braided brake lines from? I can walk into a local workshop and have them made, but the labour is a killer, and I don't have stock hoses to use as the mockup.

Cheers

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
I bought the driftmotion kit for 100 bucks although I brought them back in my suitcase when I was in Chicago a few months ago so not sure how much postage to Aus would be. Its a front and rear kit (they wouldn't sell me rears alone) but still at least half the price of having rear lines custom made...

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
For those using the stock lines (I have earls a70 replacements) mine don't seal and the thread is quite long so it doesn't butt up against the caliper unless I get a thick crush washer? photos in this thread look like Ive got mine in further than others? as the evo had a banjo fitting on the stock line and the A70 lines just screw in.

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
I bought High tensile bolts that were longer for the calipers thats not the problem its leaking brake fluid between the caliper and the A70 brake lines they are pretty dam tight now and the pedal feels fine now(went to floor 1st time) but cleaning the calipers it lookes like there may still be a small leak

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
yea had previously asked in that post if people were using thread tape but googled before i dent it and saw that was a no-no

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
there is still about 1mm of thread showing on the brake line and ive torqued it pretty hard I don't know if its wise to try farther am I the only one with this problem?

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
spiller;1880818 said:
IIRC the Arizona performance wilwood install recommends the use of tape with their brake lines. Why is it a no no?

Cause you should not need it period with a banjo/crush washer or a tapered flare.
And Teflon would probably fall apart with brake fluid anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
Well I went and got some crush washers and torqued it right up no more leaks pedal feels great but now on to the next issue.

My rotors scrape against the backing plate for the hand brake (not the dust shield I have removed that) it sounds NASTY any one else have this happen? I guess this could be a minor difference between brands of rotors.

Would it be unwise of me from a balance perspective to grind the hand brake section of the rotor down a little? as that is what's fouling.

And what I read about the tape is it disintegrates with the brake fluid