Race Ready 7M

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
what scca class are you running. i wasnt aware that turbo upgrades were allowed in any of the classes

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
I'm classed in ITE, a run what you bring, catch-all, SCCA regional class, and up here, forced induction is free. Downside, I'm running against ZO6's, Vipers, Turbo Porches, and last years points winner an S2000, that is said to make aprox 400 WHP. There is also an EVO IX that weighs around 2800 Lbs, it has a large Garrett turbo and carbon fibre hood and rear deck on it.

Link: http://www.nwr-scca.org/Race/supps/2009 Supps/2009_NWR_ITE_Rules.pdf

Check out ITE in your region!
Van

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
unless there is a power to weight cap there is no way i could compete in that class. its way to open

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
ATI hub arrived Monday 30th of November. The delay was ATI and Brian of M&B needing to do some problem solving over the phone, so ATI could discover the cause for this mess.:3d_frown:
Now the build resumes in ernest. I will be taking more pics. Van

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Absolutely amazing

That Motor looks like a piece of art

Keep up the good work

And dont forget to show us the final product:icon_bigg

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
With regard to the ATI damper: the hubs we're the same weight so I just reassembled the damper w/red loc tight, and put it on the crank last week. I also dressed the long block with all the manifolds, but ran into difficulty getting the turbo oil return pipe fitted. The stock bolts on the intake were too short for the poly intake gasket (that is 1/4 inch thick), so I needed to stop and source new fastners. The baffles in the cam covers are done, used 6mm x 1.0 fine thread, button head screws and loc tight.
I've been ill the past week and now too ill to work, so I won't get a chance to restart the build and take more pics until I recover. Damn flu...:3d_frown: Van

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
supramk3speed;1467828 said:
Are you talking about BC engineering's S2000? That thing is brutal.

I've never seen this beast in person, I was told who the main rivals in ITE class drive. Have you any pics? Van

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
As promised... more pics of the 7M enduro build.
long%20block%20and%20manifolds%20015.JPG
http://picasaweb.google.com/raceready7m/RaceReady7M?feat=directlink These are of the completed long block w/manifolds. The intake manifold is on for this series of pics; it will be undergiong further modification to the interior to improve flow, so we're removing the EGR outlet in the plenum, TIG welding the opening closed, dremmeling the new material, to smooth the flow of air into the plenum. This enduro engine will be seeing track time during cold temps, so we're keeping the cold start injector. I'm hoping to install this motor in the car and take it for a tune-up after the holidaze...:icon_bigg at one of our local speed shops, six in the Metro area, 3 w/dynos. Van

Last edited:

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
90_white_mk3;1486390 said:
dang this is a nice motor build. i like the motor and how you didnt cut corners for it. good luck on the finishing

Thank you! I'll be working on the install this weekend... I plan to upload more pics too. Van

Highnitro

Boostin' 4 life
Jun 18, 2007
Vancouver, WA
damn van, that engine of yours is clean!!!! when you get your car on the dyno for tuning, let me know, id be interested in coming out and talking supra's with you.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
dubsupra209;1486407 said:
great built 7m it looks great cant wait to see what it does on the track...good luck with the build and your season...

Thanks. The engine builder and I can hardly wait to do a test and tune at the track in March. M&B have competitive rates, they stand behind their work and have a great rep in the community. They continue to build engines with Horsepower Freaks and PSI customers as well.
So now it's off to get a great tune, dyno session and review the results. Van

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Highnitro;1486707 said:
damn van, that engine of yours is clean!!!! when you get your car on the dyno for tuning, let me know, id be interested in coming out and talking supra's with you.

I'll give you a heads-up when I'm going in for the tune/dyno session. Van