RA21 + Dirt Road =

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
lanky189 said:
...minor? did you see the pass side floor/footwell?

I guess what I mean is that I don't see $3000 in total damage (assuming you could get body panels from a parts car). I realize insurance may not think the car is worth that, but I would -- especially since it carries some sentimental value :icon_conf

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
ma71supraturbo said:
I guess what I mean is that I don't see $3000 in total damage (assuming you could get body panels from a parts car). I realize insurance may not think the car is worth that, but I would -- especially since it carries some sentimental value :icon_conf

read above the FRAME is bent,
and lanky when i asked if u were rallying it, i didnt mean it in a smartass way, hope you didnt take it that way either.
and when a cars frame is bent it 90% of the time will never ride like it used too.
GL, Man.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
the body panels aren't that difficult to come by - he got an assortment of fenders when i sold him the car, but with the footwell and the door jamb and probably the windshield frame getting all bent up i doubt this car will ride again. it was in fragile enough shape as it was. I'm surprised it didnt buckle even more. if they do try to put it on a frame machine, i can easily see the car just ripping apart......

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
well ask, could he ask them if it works he will pay but if it tears the car to shreds he doesnt have too?

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
That sucks :( those pictures suck to look at. My friend who's got an '82 Supra got hit and bent the frame and got it fixed, but if it was already in fragile shape then maybe it won't work.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
the car was in tenuous shape to begin with.......the outside looked ok, but the floorboards have been an issue for the past 20 years..........the car has been a trooper. I think its time to let him go.....

I can't believe I just said that....

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Squid699 said:
the car was in tenuous shape to begin with.......the outside looked ok, but the floorboards have been an issue for the past 20 years..........the car has been a trooper. I think its time to let him go.....

I can't believe I just said that....

time to help lanky find a new car.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
My condolences. I've wrecked my fair share of cars, it's always tough dealing with the aftermath.

Of course, you could turn it into a real rally car - tear the floor out entirely and replace it with a tube chassis and custom floor, just weld the seats in place... :D

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
D34DC311 said:
time to help lanky find a new car.

From what he said to me earlier today, he's just going to be driving his 'rolla for a while, then he'll be looking for a MKII. Lower it and clean it up, but no real performance mods.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Lurch said:
Famous

last

words

considering his current mindset, he means it.........whether he changes his mind or not, we shall see. This is still a ways off. He's going to be living off of his 79 'rolla for now. No chance for performance there.

L

lanky189

82 rolla thank you

also..im sure i may change my mind on performance later on, but the mk2 is the perfect platform after all, a 7mgte swap is wicked easy...anywho...for now..i just want something comfortable on the highway

Lurch

You rang?
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxvegas
Squid699 said:
considering his current mindset, he means it.........whether he changes his mind or not, we shall see. This is still a ways off. He's going to be living off of his 79 'rolla for now. No chance for performance there.

Oh yeah, I'm sure he does mean it, I've only ever had one accident, was very minor and wasn't my fault at all (girl ran a stop sign right in front of me), and I felt the same way. It's just that we all can agree, I think, once you've gone really freaking fast, you eventually want to go really freaking faster :)

And I was hoping to lighten the mood a bit... but still, yeah, that sucks. Didn't pay enough attention to read about the pass. floor board, yeah, guess that is worse than I realized. Hope you can find something equally as cool.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
What's wrong with an 82 Corolla? Swap in a 79-81 Supra rear end, or an AE86 rear end (much more direct swap with the AE86 one), upgrade the front brakes, put in a 20v 4A-GE or 4A-GZE with some upgrades, and have a nice 200rwhp, 2000lbs car, with 4 wheel disc brakes, and you could even do a nice coilover setup with AE86 parts.

Could be a decent car IMO. Even with an early-model 4A-GE with a Turbo or something. :)

Good luck lanky. :)

L

lanky189

its a 4 door automatic 3tc powered shitbox on wheels

but god i love it. starts every morning.. a/c blows cold.

and will hum along at 65 like it aint a thing....

just..its....ugly..and doenst turn...

its a great daily beater..and will hold me over until i can save up some money for my mk2.

E

eremyj

lanky189 said:
its a 4 door automatic 3tc powered shitbox on wheels

but god i love it. starts every morning.. a/c blows cold.

and will hum along at 65 like it aint a thing....

just..its....ugly..and doenst turn...

its a great daily beater..and will hold me over until i can save up some money for my mk2.
This man speaks the truth....

This car gets NO respect. On the way back to Lanky's house today we were almost in 4 accidents because ppl dont seem to mind to pull out in front of, or turn in front of that damn car.