quietest mufflers out there..!??

KaliSupra88turbo21

Aug 4, 2012
Ventura, CA
hey guys!
alright i did some shop around & im tryina find a muffler thats quiet i have resonator n i have this loud ass muffler i hate!
im thinking get either an NRG muffler kind of sound's like an sti dont know if i wanna get it but im looking at an item on ebay an its a 4in UNIVERSAL EXHAUST MUFFLER N1 w/silencer i dont know how would that sound but im not looking for any expensive muffler at the moment. My friend has a NRG muffler on his scion tc but idk how its gona sound on the supra since its v6 & w/resonator on..what should i do!! i was looking at the HKS dragger sounds good but too expensive wish i had the money, TANABE also whole lot $$$.
so what should i do..??

sddriver

Jun 1, 2008
SoCal,
I have the Fujitsubo exhaust on mine and it's pretty quiet. Only gets loud if you floor it. The quietest exhaust would probably be the HKS dual tip system, followed by the Tanabe. If you only want a muffler, Magnaflow makes some decent ones which can reduce the sound by quite a bit.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Ouch ^^

The tanabe touring medallion is very quite...

You pay for what you get...

Also your engine is a inline 6 not v6 the difference is everything..

iruyle

Jul 17, 2012
lawrenceville, ga
Devin Hutchison;1892150 said:
You're fucking retarded.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

WOOT! Flame on, Flamer!
I have to give you a pass though since I just saw your post about the accident. I'd be bitter too.

OP: I had an HKS catback on my 91 that was pretty silky. When you put your foot down, it perked up a little but it never got obnoxious. Not the cheapest thing out there but the beauty is you can always sell it for 300-400 bucks if you ever want to change over to another system. For that matter, you can likely pick up someone else's take-off for that money. A used HKS for 350 is likely still going to make you happier than a new no-name setup. Just my .02

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
OfnaRcR4;1892199 said:
I have one cat and a magnaflow muffler and its not to loud at all.
I had the same on my old car; it was not quiet and had an annoying drone around 2-3k rpm.

If you want something quiet, save up and get the tanabe touring medallion.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I bought a Borla for a rear unit, as it was reviewed as one of the quietest performance mufflers.
It is a 3" to (2) 2.5" perforated tube design with stainless packing. I intend to also place a chambered Dynomax muffler at the mid position.
I'm looking for a very quiet system, with a 3" cutout, just as ATL88Supra has done.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I have the Tanabe Hyper Medallion. RT downpipe, LIPP elbow, no cat.

I've noted that at most meets, mine is the quietest car there. Lots of other people can't even hear when I rev over their car at cruise. It was pricey, but I enjoy the quiet.

jg5899

Mar 28, 2009
California
I have a 3" downpipe to stock exhaust, with a boost cutout from sp in between. Nice and quiet when just cruising and has the performance when your stepping on it. Also makes for a sleeper.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Anytime I hear cheap and Supra in the same sentence I shudder... Cheap does not mix well with Supra...
Look for used. Any cheap solution is going to leave you unsatisfied. Used (and all the info prior to my post) will make you a lot happier.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
STRAIGHT PIPE ALL THE WAY.

I had a loud ass exhaust with my 7mge and i quickly got over it. When i did my 2jz swap i opted for quiet so i went with the Raptor Racing 3" all the way through with resonator no cats.

It isnt too loud, has a nice deep tone and gets a little louder when you get on it. When i do a pull people always tell me they expected it to be louder but all they see is me moving :p.

P.S: Raptor Racing is a vendor on this forum, i would link it here but im too lazy and you can just search for it yourself :)

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
The Raptor mufflers definitely look amazing, and I'm personally completely sold on the Magnaflow brand. I bought the biggest Magnaflow I could find in its size, but my car isnt running yet, so I cant say for sure how it will sound, but I imagine it will be nice. I'm strongly considering getting a Raptor one as well

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
ATL88Supra;1892231 said:
If you want to get fancy get a ct26 waste gate valve to control the cutout

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Lol. Nice.
But i'll keep it simple. Besides, i want to be able to go full power some times, as quietly as possible..
Even with the power penalty.