Question about the moon landing.

Flywest

May 31, 2005
Quebec , Canada
It just goes beyond my mind that some people actually think the USA faked it. Even the Soviets tracked Apollo 11 to the moon and would certainly have told the world if it wasn't true.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I'd like to hear how the 40 year old tech coped with the radiation out that far and often wonder why none of the astronauts ever showed any signs of exposure.

On this like religion I'm agnostic, show me some actual proof and I'll believe.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
A few choice youtube comments:

p1368591_1.jpg

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
IJ.;1368572 said:
I'd like to hear how the 40 year old tech coped with the radiation out that far and often wonder why none of the astronauts ever showed any signs of exposure.

What would you consider actual proof? I hear a lot of people say this, but there is no proof that could be presented that somebody wouldn't say was faked. More so now with CGI that back in the 60's

I ask as an actual question of curiosity, and not as trying to start an argument.

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
Hubble was not designed to look at moon... it was designed to look into deep space..
And if we didnt go to the moon.. you really think our gov could keep that a secret for 40 years ? Hell we cant even keep a simple cia terrorist assination quiet for 4 years... let alont THOUSANDS of men and women that would have to be in on it..Ever look at the 2 men that started the rumors we never went ? lol

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
HommerSimpson;1368651 said:
Hubble was not designed to look at moon... it was designed to look into deep space..

It was actually modified to look into deep space. The original design the Hubble copied was to take very detailed pictures of "items of interest" on the Earth ;)

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
IJ.;1368572 said:

It almost takes more faith to believe we staged this in 1969 so well. Some people wouldn't believe it until they would be floating out in space. I'd say there is plenty of proof.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
The problem is you can't prove it happened nor can you disprove it. You weren't there and neither was I, so we have to take someone elses word for truth. You must have faith that the US government would not lie to you, laughable at best I know. Then theres the massive amount of radiation that they would have been exposed to. The landing could have easily been faked as hollywood has landed on the moon more times than anyone else.

In the end, does it really matter? If we did land on the moon we did something phenominal. If we did not, we pulled off the greatest scam in history. Win-Win
mooninites.png

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Radiation??? Please! It's not like they took their suits off and jumped around on the moon! Their is no question that man has entered space...no question that man has left a space shuttle to do repairs or upgrades to sattelites...therefore it's obvious the suites reflect radiation...so what's the diff between the moon and outerspace? It can be done, it has been done and radiation is a scapegoat for yall special people!

How do people work on nuclear subs?!?!??! We have the shit to do it that's how!

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
While within earths magnetic field you are protected from solar winds, particulates traveling at near light speed, and radiation by the Magnetosphere. They have already found our magnetosphere does not extend to the entire moon, which has no magnetosphere of it own, and thus much of its surface and orbit are completely unsheilded. See how much shielding material is between operators and nuke reactors then ask yourself how much is in the walls of an apallo spacecraft? If the tech was there to make it safe 40+ years ago why are nuke reactor and ships still employing such heavy and cumbersome materials and not employing thin and light materials from the 1960's. And its not like the operaters eat, sleep and work within the reactor weeks at a time.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Well they are around the nuclear generator for what, weeks if not months at a time vs 1-3 days? 1-3 days of exposure might no be a big deal if your some what shielded ... but then again I'm not pro on this stuff so don't listen to me. I'm just saying it's not like they were exposed that long.

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
gaboonviper85;1368895 said:
Radiation??? Please! It's not like they took their suits off and jumped around on the moon! Their is no question that man has entered space...no question that man has left a space shuttle to do repairs or upgrades to sattelites...therefore it's obvious the suites reflect radiation...so what's the diff between the moon and outerspace? It can be done, it has been done and radiation is a scapegoat for yall special people!

lol^

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
gaboonviper85;1368895 said:

Van Allen Belt.....

google it before you shoot your mouth off. :nono:

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I feel like Russia would have been the first to raise the bs flag if it was fake or staged. It's one thing to fake something and not disprove it for a few years.... but we are going on 40 years here and all the conspiracy theories have been debunked. But whatever, as was previously stated people probably wouldn't believe it unless it smacked them in the face.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I don't know one way or the other but when I raise a valid question/concern I don't expect to cop the bullshit that Goon was spouting from his vast knowledge on the subject.

Inside the belt we live outside it without extensive shielding we're microwave dinners...

You can't walk to the KwikiMart without getting some sort of cancer yet NONE of the astronauts ever got sick..

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
IJ.;1369004 said:
Van Allen Belt.....

google it before you shoot your mouth off. :nono:

So I googled it old man, and no where does it say it makes it safer for people to leave a space ship to work on the sattelites! Infact it looks like it would cause more harm in our outer atmosphere and cause radiation issues! It traps and stores radiation for short periods of time....it does not filter out radiation! Not only that but the belts change shape and are not uniform so considering there are no trees in space how the hell can they tell if they are in the belt or not all the time????? The solar winds shift and bend and blow the belts all around so how can that even be a factor in the moon landing??!!

As far a nuke subs, yes the walls are huge as they have to safely harness it's energy and limit radiation 24-7....but sometimes people need to enter a reactor so how the fuck do they do it....with ninja masks that's how!!! Spacemen have their own ninja masks so they can ninja kick in outerspace!

Or better yet...how about the suits special people wear to protect from nuclear fall out such as tranobel Ukraine (sp)....there is protective wear and I'm sure it was incorperated in the suits for outerspace..

Oh and back to the sub comment....those walls harness the energy of nuclear reactions....we are not talking about that...we are talking about reflecting radiation which is done with special foil that has been around for a very long time...insulating radiation doesn't require massive walls...harnessing nuclear energy does (to a point).