p1909968_1.jpg

Got these put back in

p1909968_2.jpg

Pulled off two of these

p1909968_3.jpg

And replaced them with these

p1909968_4.jpg

I still have to find the right size tires for the front,
Pretty sure my turbo needs to be rebuilt or replaced.
She's smokin a little :(

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
Picked up a 2013 model in January. Power everything, horn sticks a little but I like it.

p1913181_1.jpg

On a side note 14 months later the supra is home.
She needs a turbo rebuild possibly a Holset hx35.
If only it would quit raining and warm up a little so I'd feel like workin on it.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
Finally caught a small break in the weather, so i decided to spend the day working on the Supra.
The TT wheels had some imperfections so i spent part of the day wet sanding and polishing, upon test fitting I realized bigger front tires is a must.
Im thinking a 225/45r17 should be about right.

also put in some work on my bike, flushed the radiator, changed the shift seal and ordered some other odds and ends. hoping to have it road worthy by the end of the month.

p1920041_1.jpg

this is the same color i plan on painting the Supra, Starfire White Pearl off the newer Lexus

p1920041_2.jpg

if all goes well ill be pulling the turbo and taking it to Work Turbochargers in Pelham to have the seals replaced soon.
really want to be able to drive the car to some local events in the spring.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
Well I got Bored and bad things happen when I get bored.
I started the wire tuck process and ordered everything to convert to coil on plug.

This is what the drivers side of my bay looked like before I started
p1921584_1.jpg

My bay definatly needs to be painted there's a lot of stains and not all of it will wash off
p1921584_2.jpg

A good bleach bath with a lot of scrubbing later
p1921584_3.jpg

I still have a couple sections to extend but the topside is looking decent so far
p1921584_4.jpg

Should be able to make some brackets to relocate the fuse box in the fender well, just have to go pick up some supplies tomorrow after work. It won't look this bad when I'm finished lol.
p1921584_5.jpg

p1921584_6.jpg

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
Drivers side is finished.
p1922568_1.jpg

p1922568_2.jpg

So I started pulling my turbo so I can either send it off for new seals or an upgrade

p1922568_3.jpg

And what do I find?
p1922568_4.jpg

Oil! And lots of it
p1922568_5.jpg

Now on top of cleaning and tucking the passenger side of the bay,I have to pull the intercooler and piping in hopes of removing all the oil before the turbo comes back.
Any body have any ideas how to clean this stuff out?

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
went back at it pretty hard yesterday

pulled my intercooler and all the piping and gave them a good bath in degreaser
p1923986_1.jpg

p1923986_2.jpg

p1923986_3.jpg

recieved my JZ coils yesterday as well
p1923986_4.jpg

and today I built the extended harness to accommodate the new set up.
p1923986_5.jpg

This turbo is really startin to piss me off, im going to replace the oil seal myself and have a shop balance it,
if that does not work out im not sure where ill go from there.

p1923986_6.jpg

Right now im dead in the water until I get my money caught back up. so until then im going to try and get as much done as i can on a minimum budget. Plans include finishing the wire tuck and doing the 12v fuel pump mod. maybe redo my battery relocation with 0 gauge wire, and wrap my intercooler piping with header wrap.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
Finished the passengers side wire tuck, I think I'm going to attempt re routing the engine harness through the fire wall on the drivers side to clean it up some more.

p1925480_1.jpg

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I still think you should of gone with gold/bronze rims on that white car =p but I like all the updates, good to hear you saved your motor too, nobody likes to have to scrape their work. I went to 1jz instead of doing my burgandy 7m up but it was a auto and swapping in the manual tranny wasn't worth the time and effort compared to buying a jdm ready to go here in canada. Did you end up getting the bigger injectors yet? or is that whats next in store?

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
Beals;1925493 said:
I still think you should of gone with gold/bronze rims on that white car =p but I like all the updates, good to hear you saved your motor too, nobody likes to have to scrape their work. I went to 1jz instead of doing my burgandy 7m up but it was a auto and swapping in the manual tranny wasn't worth the time and effort compared to buying a jdm ready to go here in canada. Did you end up getting the bigger injectors yet? or is that whats next in store?

I still have a set of XXR 521's 18x10 I'm thinking about painting Gold. I'm undecided on the TT wheels one minute I love them the next not so much. As long as the ol 7M runs as strong as it does I can't just give up on it. Although a 2J swap is very tempting. Just bought a Turbonetics 60-1 that should be here next week and a set of bigger injectors should follow quickly.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
I should have some major updates coming sometime next week. Turbo will be here, re doing my battery relocation and hopefully the car will be back in one piece. Shooting to be on the dyno by early May.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
yeah do it up, I liked the black rims better then the mk4, i know some people like the polished up 'stock' look but I think a deep dish makes a car look so much meaner. Mine are currently suffering curb rash from a combination of the previous owner and a stupid A&W drive through with a 2 foot curb when I first got the right hand drive car. =( but I wanna look into refurbishing the lips and painting the gun metal grey centre to red once I start on the bodywork.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
I prefer an aftermarket wheel on our cars, but I half ass want it to look semi stock.
If I can hit the 400hp range and still not look like a heavily modified car I will be happy.
Maybe ill just be"that guy" who has 3 or 4 wheel setups laying around lol.
I actually fixed some curb marks and re polished the TT wheels but definatly worth it.

RiceFarmer

Feb 23, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I just went through your entire build thread, I must say I am truly inspired by your dedication and determination when life gets thrown at you. Your Supra has come a long way since, I just picked up my 2nd MKIII and I am very excited to build it up! Hats off to you!

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
RiceFarmer;1925868 said:
I just went through your entire build thread, I must say I am truly inspired by your dedication and determination when life gets thrown at you. Your Supra has come a long way since, I just picked up my 2nd MKIII and I am very excited to build it up! Hats off to you!

Thanks RiceFarmer, in May it will be 4 years that Ive owned this Supra. Ill be the first to admit the transformation has anything but gone as planned. I have had my fair share of setbacks but who dosent. like I tell everybody who rushes me to finish "Im in for the long haul, shes paid for and dosent hurt anything where shes at" this Summer everything mechanically should be done. perhaps paint this winter but i try not to plan that far ahead you never know what will happen.