Project Canon is a GO!

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
at least, it will be once I get my 70-200 F/2.8L IS in. for now, teaser shots while I mess with this thing and figure it out.

p1139562_1.jpg

^attempt at an HDR of my view out my front door

randomness

p1139562_2.jpg

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
I'll post some pics later on tonight, i took about 1600 pics today at a horse show, got some clients i have to email teaser shots to. hopefully i'll be making sum'dem cash-moniez :D

anyways, i'll post a few later, just wanted to tease you guys for now :)

Oh, and this lens is AWESOME

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
that took a while

anyways:

p1141842_1.jpg

p1141842_2.jpg

p1141842_3.jpg

more later this week, too tired for any more now (and I haven't even fired off emails to clients yet :(

on that note: is there a decent program out there that i can use to make low res copies of a bunch of images at once with (rather than opening each image in PS and making low res copies of a couple hundred pics one at a time)

EDIT: my front door view after a little tone-mapping
p1141842_4.jpg

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Lookin' pretty good. I can't believe that people ride horses w/o helmets... Especially the type of stuff the above people seem to be doing...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
LOL. And when you fall out of the Supra while jumping a 4.5 foot high bar, you'll regret it!

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
jumping is for ladies and fags (unless said male jumping a horse is only trying to get with a female, then i guess its excuseable)

I don't wear a helmet :shrug: im too cool for it :D

anyways, im awake, so i can mess around with these shots some more :D

p1142330_1.jpg

p1142330_2.jpg

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
Actually this is the one I was referring to:
[thumb]http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x147/flight_doc89/Canon-September27HorseShow4Raren-3.jpg[/thumb]

The "chewed up in photoshop" ones look either overdone or under saturated. What are you using for your metering?

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
speed;1145456 said:
Actually this is the one I was referring to:
[thumb]http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x147/flight_doc89/Canon-September27HorseShow4Raren-3.jpg[/thumb]

The "chewed up in photoshop" ones look either overdone or under saturated. What are you using for your metering?

oh, durr, i'm an idiot. I purposely undersaturated it. I wasn't going for a realistic image, just thought it looked neat. (it's my first digital, so i HAVE to goof off in photoshop a bit :D )

I'm letting the camera meter and expose automatically. I was going for a limited depth of field for most of these shots, so i just locked the aperture at F/2.8 and bumped the iso up little by little as it got darker and kept the shutter speed above 1/250th until i ran out of light (and memory) near the end of the show.
For the open arena shots (no ceiling), i just used center-weighted metering, but for any shots at the covered arena where i had a really bright background and dark subjects, I used spot metering.

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
flight doc89;1145476 said:
oh, durr, i'm an idiot. I purposely undersaturated it. I wasn't going for a realistic image, just thought it looked neat. (it's my first digital, so i HAVE to goof off in photoshop a bit :D )

I'm letting the camera meter and expose automatically. I was going for a limited depth of field for most of these shots, so i just locked the aperture at F/2.8 and bumped the iso up little by little as it got darker and kept the shutter speed above 1/250th until i ran out of light (and memory) near the end of the show.
For the open arena shots (no ceiling), i just used center-weighted metering, but for any shots at the covered arena where i had a really bright background and dark subjects, I used spot metering.

Ah yes, the joys of "omg I get to use photoshop now!" You sound like you know your stuff when it comes to setting up the shot, so I'll let you be! Have fun with photoshop just remember don't go too apeshit!

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
i would have photomatix brighten up the trees and rest of the green in that last HDR, but I had a big black spot (zero exposure) from the shadow of one tree that looked funky.
I don't know shit about photoshop, still trying to figure it all out.

There's a bright hazing that appears around some objects after I tone map some of these frames. In that last one, the brightness is around the large tree on the left. How do I darken that area with PS?

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
got bored for a bit tonight, decided to fiddle with a couple shots while my computer was doing other shit.

p1149247_1.jpg

a friend and the horse that I learned to ride on.

p1149247_2.jpg

^before..........and after \/

p1149247_3.jpg

p1149247_4.jpg

another of the horse I learned to ride on.

well, its bedtime. the computer is gonna be tied up converting RAW files for the next hour anyways. more shots in a few days or whenever i find time

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
flight doc89;1141842 said:

I really like this one. It has something, I dunno how to explain it. Did you fuck around with it too?

Also like the last one with the horse you learned to ride on. I love black and white pics with a splash of color in it :D

WetBoostedDreams

Supra Fanatic
Apr 4, 2007
Redmond, WA
I second the helmet thing, yikes! I've been riding for about 19 years and NEVER EVER EVER ride without a helmet - especially when I jumped.

Also, great pics!