Project: Built 7M with lippboss turbo*PICS ADDED*3RD PAGE

zoonwen

1JZ Supra
Apr 27, 2005
Denton, TX
I remember back in the day when this guy would try to drift his acura vigor in the DFW area. Talked smack to everyone and hung out with a guy that had a stock TSI that they referred to as th V8 Killer, lol.

jdmvigor;1149912 said:
knock knock...

whos there?

7m

7m who?

YOUR FUCKIN MOTOR BITCH!!!

do yourself, and your wallet, a favor and get a JZ..

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
Thanks figgie for backing that up.

Yes noah i got the Lipp boss brand new :) and i thought about other turbos, but at this point im glad i didn't choose any other turbo. Like Jeff (boostlee) said this turbo pulls as hard if not harder than what a GT40 feels like. Once it hits 4k rpms its absolutly rediculous how hard it pulls. Me and Jeff were on the interstate one night following a Mk4 and a supercharged dodge viper race. there were several other cars following to. There was a Z06 C6 corvette beside us also following and the vette floored it beside me and i got on it and as soon as the boost kicked in I pulled past him pretty easily.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
Here are some more pictures you've all been waiting for!

p1155160_1.jpg

p1155160_2.jpg

p1155160_3.jpg

Heres matt trying to find a way to give me rod knock :p JK Matt and Jason did a great job on the swap. We really didn't run into many problems. The biggest problem we had was at the end when we started it up it was leaking some oil from either a block off plate, or the oil filter housing. so we had to pull the turbo off and put some gasket sealer on. Other than that it went great!

p1155160_4.jpg

p1155160_5.jpg

p1155160_6.jpg

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
gotta love the 7m haters...
motor is only as good as its assembled.

this thread defintaley needs mor pics though!
and where did you relocate the power steering res. to?!?!?! i cant stand where its at, and i've been trying to figure out where to put it, or just get a new SS custom can relocated or something!!!

gtimportfanatic

Mk3 Addict
May 21, 2008
Hartford CT
lol..i found it so funny that ppl bash the 7m ... talkin bout how they Built the motor ... mofuckas please... then saying that toyota didnt build the motor properly.... are u kidding? .. first of all.. its turboccharged.. if u were to know the difference in terms of abuse that these motors go thru.. that alone is fact that these motors were built to last... my current motor prolly has around 150k miles on it.. and at 104 they redid a few things... not a complete rebuild but rather timing belt change and minor shit like that... and the previous owner put in MHG and arp studs.. ran it around 15lbs.. i currently run it aat 10.. i have no problem.. except i just blew the ct26.. Josh checked my compression and its pretty good.. 7M's are built good.. get off ur fuckin JDM bandwagon and stop hating on the motor that made the MK3 supra wat it is.. if you can't appreciate the 7M..then u can't respect the supra.. because thats what made supras what we know them as today.

on the other note.. i love what u did for the motor man.. i wanna see the power this thing makes and how niice does it spool?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Folks,

this is the last warning. No more 7m, *jz comments. Suprafanatic made his mind up. He is running what he is running. If you do not agree with his decision. Well though shit, he is the one paying the bill not you all.

The next time I come in here, if I see any more bashing of whatever engine (7m, *jz etc) I am going to start handing out trolling infractions. This is SUPRAFANATICS Build thread not what do you think of this build.

Are we on the same page?

-Figgie

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
Some day down the road when i get the money i would love to go FFIM. Especialy with this turbo :D

As for the relocation of the power stearing res. I simply got 2 longer hoses and routed it to the back on the firewall. it actualy looks really good. Now that the Res. is out of the way i plan on geting a nicer looking intake pipe.

As for more pictures.. i believe Jeff said he was going to post some of the pics he took.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
mk3supra;1155030 said:
I am thinking about getting the same turbo, i wouldnt be able to use my ct-26 BIC DDP with it would i?

Yes the Lipp boss turbo is a direct bolt on for the stock manifold, and exhaust. You will be very pleased if you get the boss turbo. Expensive.. but well worth it.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
So far i have put almost 700miles on the new motor.. the break in period is going great, and the motor is running amazingly well. Its so hard to keep out of boost!!! lol tonight i did go out and drove around town some. I allowed it to hit alittle boost and it felt great :D I still need to get my timing done. We checked the timing at the shop after the swap and it was at 7* needs to be around 12*

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
suprafanatic;1156194 said:
So far i have put almost 700miles on the new motor.. the break in period is going great, and the motor is running amazingly well. Its so hard to keep out of boost!!! lol tonight i did go out and drove around town some. I allowed it to hit alittle boost and it felt great :D I still need to get my timing done. We checked the timing at the shop after the swap and it was at 7* needs to be around 12*

awesome....glad to hear it's running great. Be sure to +1 my itraders.... :icon_bigg

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
700miles? thing is ready for some boost! gave mine like 9 straight high vacuum pulls, and then drove it around, week or two later (less than 100miles) i was up into 3-5psi... and now im 8psi all day. haha.

so you relocated the resivor to the back of the engine bay? i hope its not by the exhaust manifold. power steering fluid is VERY VERY flammable... just wanted to make sure you knew that. hate to see something bad happen to such a nice supra.

and im going to be making my own intake from two 3'' magnaflow turn down tips... when you put the two "outlets" together, they make the PERFECT shape for an intake... just need to move the resivor!!!

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
lol, you were boosting before you hit 100 miles?!? i was told you should drive it easy for at least a 1000 miles before you get to hard on it. Although i think you should hit some boost during break in, just so the motor knows whats coming at it.

As for the power steering res, i put it back up agianst the ABS system. i haven't had any issues with it yet and agian i'v driven it over 700 miles now. Those are interstate and intown miles.