Project 9.xx Street MKIV TT Supra

2jzFUN

Nov 23, 2010
Twin Cities
Not sure on a manifold yet. Didnt want to spend a million $ on one but wanted something good too. Ill be taking suggestions.

Halon

Nov 25, 2010
Minnesota
I'm assuming you'll be going with an un-divided T4 manifold. I think that Dave H has a basic log design, and maybe some fancier designs as well, that'd all be cheaper than say a Full Race manifold, but more than an Ebay unit. Might be worth asking him about what he has, and that'd keep it semi-local. Or just rock china-bay cheap stuff like me :) Or maybe borrow mine, and see if MAP could reverse engineer it, and make one similar but better? Little brown is a helluva fabricator over there.

2jzFUN

Nov 23, 2010
Twin Cities
Well the short block is assembled and now I will be moving onto the process of building the head. The block consists of the following

-stock block
-stock crank
-ARP main studs
-ACL race main and rod bearings
-Custom 9.5:1 .020 over CP pistons with ceramic and oil shed coating
-Manley Turbo-tough rods oil shed coated

Photos to come.

2jzFUN

Nov 23, 2010
Twin Cities
Here are more photos of the engine assembly. Will upload more later.

PC282390.JPG

PC282391.JPG

PC282393.JPG

PC282395.JPG

PC282396.JPG

The head is the next part being worked on right now. I have ordered GSC Single springs, GSC S1 cams, Rev 1mm OV Stainless valves, Bronze valve guides, stage 2 port and polish, and a complete cylinder head coating service. Port & polish, and the coating done by MAP and same with parts.

2jzFUN

Nov 23, 2010
Twin Cities
Got my modded oil pump by Sound Performance thanks to MAP!

oil_pump_2.jpg

oil_pump_1.jpg

It starts as an OEM Toyota oil pump. This is from SP's website.

This includes a new Toyota oil pump. We then take that and modify to increase pressure and prevent the front main seal from blowing out.

What is done to it?
We shim the main pressure spring
Drill a larger return hole
Drill and tap 3 set screws to hold front main seal in
Shorten (tighten) main seal spring

I guess there are problems blowing off the main seal under high HP. Not no more :)

2jzFUN

Nov 23, 2010
Twin Cities
I have ordered the parts for the head and mild port and polishing is being done currently. I am going with GSC S1 cams, single GSC springs, 1mm oversize Rev valves, custom ground shimless buckets, bronze guides, stock retainers, and MAP's complete head and valve coating process, and that is about it. Photos will be posted once I get the head back. Call them up for information on all of their kick ass ceramic and other coating processes on things from pistons, rods, valves, heads, manifolds, turbo parts and more. 1-800-maperformance

2jzFUN

Nov 23, 2010
Twin Cities
Halon;1689965 said:
I'm anxious to put that sucker back in!!
Yep me too. I will be getting the head back from port, coat, built bla bla bla soon here. I just got a huge box full of OEM gaskets, pumps, seals, timing, ect from Toyota and have everything to make it a long block now so just waiting for the head.