Post your Pre-89 bumper thread

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
supra_holic2002;1449155 said:
haha i hate that too lol. i was lookin at them but i was also looking at crossbars that connect at the points the top mounts to but open. ive heard people make them but i hav no idea what the are called.

WeezL Wings...

they were made by Facime on this board, but they're no longer in production....

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
If I remember correctly, the WeezlWings were prettyy much for looks only and didn't offer much structurally. Also, they go in place of the targa, so you'll need to remove the targa, then put them in place.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Neodeuccio;1449184 said:
If I remember correctly, the WeezlWings were prettyy much for looks only and didn't offer much structurally. Also, they go in place of the targa, so you'll need to remove the targa, then put them in place.

You remember wrong. The point of them was to keep the car more rigid with the targa off.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Correct, WeezlWings are a structural part built primarily to keep the chassis rigid with the Targa removed. I have no first hand experience (hardtop owner), but every review I read confirmed what Sawbladz stated.

A70BoosTFienD

A.K.A. Knight Rider
Oct 28, 2008
Orlando, Florida, United States
sthmstr;1448425 said:
I took these pics the other day here in Colorado.....Kaminari I believe?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Did the one piece spoilers ever come without a center taillight? is that the hole where his center taillight is supposed to be

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
Dan McBoost;1453467 said:
It's been a while, but I did take a few new pics the other day:

I just had to get some pics of the stock nose before the swap.

Cheers,

Dan, your car was part of my inspiration to actually find a clean supra a few years ago when pictures of it came on a google search. It's perfect.

Now, when you say "before the swap", what do you mean!? You better leave her as is!

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
supra_holic2002;1453348 said:
has anyone seen a bomex rear bumper flare thingy with pre89 tails? ive seen alot with the 89+ ones
sig1.jpg

but i wanna see what it would look like on something similar to my car

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1392525&postcount=51

not sure if the pics will show up, I'm at work and the URL is blocked, but if those don't work, look at the dude's profile, i'm sure he has more pics..