possibly supra powered cappuccino

What engine should i drop into an Suzuki cappuccino?

• H4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13B

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • SR20DET

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • RB26DETT (if it'll fit)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • 7M

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • 1JZ

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • 2JZ

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

ATMA

Mar 30, 2008
michigan
figgie;981205 said:
here comes the rain on this parade.

I am more curious as how you are going to get that car in the United States past customs as looking through the approved list. That car is not on it....... It is not even on the pending list as of march 08!

Dot Certification
EPA Certification
Duty and taxation.

Post pics up of it when you have it in your hand. I for one wish you ALL the luck in the world.

you can import any car u want as a "private possession" but it may or may not be legal u can do work to get it federally legal, i plan on using this as a weekend warrior for drag racing and on the track so i wont be really driving it on the road unless i might sneak it out on the road once in awhile xD i dont know all the little rules and regulations but my friend does as its part of her work :s and shes the one im having import it for me

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Ma70.Ent;981202 said:
Also... Ford GT with Engine Level 9 = Shits on Cappucino with I6 Swap
sure, the Ford GT will shit on the little Cappuccino, but the guy wants a cappuccino, not a ford gt :sarcasm:

nothing pulled faster than the cappuccino for a good while though ;)

funny thing is, i hyped up my buddy to MAYBE put a 1J in his '01 Miata! lol. that would be something :evil2:

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
ATMA;981247 said:
you can import any car u want as a "private possession" but it may or may not be legal u can do work to get it federally legal, i plan on using this as a weekend warrior for drag racing and on the track so i wont be really driving it on the road unless i might sneak it out on the road once in awhile xD i dont know all the little rules and regulations but my friend does as its part of her work :s and shes the one im having import it for me

you best better read this then

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/CARS/RULES/IMPORT/

because personal possesion or not. It has to follow those exact rules. Again, I am going to wish you luck because you will need as much as you can get. But I would not hold my breath in meeting ALL those requirements for importation.

PS for racing, you need a letter from the MANUFACTURE along with decleration statements and pictures with all the associated racing equipment INSTALLED. Kind of like what Porchse does with the GT3 RSR/S and Cup cars.

Again hate to be the bearer of bad news but everywhich way you think you can get the car in, has been tried. Oh and one final thing. Customs themselve won't release the car until the paper is straight and all duties/taxation has been paid (ie meaning DOT is happy, EPA is happy and of course Customs is happy).

Just as a trivia dump.

Customs is the #2 revenue generator for the United States of America. #1 being the IRS.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Very small car, makes miatas look big. A supra motor would be overkill and you would need modification to make it driveable let alone race worthy. SR20, 3SGTE, F22, 4G63, (insert 4banger) would be easier to fit and make functional without totaly killing the weight distribution and suspension geometry. Boxer 4 with AWD would be sick but that would be alot of work. The easy way to make serious power for your car and not kill driveability would be the 13B. It doesen't weigh much, and no shortage of aftermarket support.

ATMA

Mar 30, 2008
michigan
HommerSimpson;981516 said:
With the amount of time and money you are willing to spend... why not just buy a MkIV or a viper or a vette..or hell even a lambo...

well first of all i already have a MkIII, second i hate vipers and vettes and third i dont have the money for a lambo

i can do this whole build and swap for about $10k that includes the car (a bit more for taxes, and other shit)

and finaly i like to be different and i wanted a to terrorize the track and others w/ a little monster and this car has a 10/10 handling, its stock engine isnt that fast but with proper tuning u can even make it a nice track car :) i also like a bit of a challenge when building a new car for its also an interesting idea in general and i have yet to see a engine swapped cappuccino yet

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
HommerSimpson;981516 said:
With the amount of time and money you are willing to spend... why not just buy a MkIV or a viper or a vette..or hell even a lambo...

You think a cheap car like a Cappucino with a swap will amount to anywhere near 70,000 dollars or above? Obviously not...which is why these suggestions are stupid :)

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
I think an s2000 motor with the 6-speed would be a good swap for that car. Engine would probably fit in there pretty nicely. :) If you dont think it has enough power then turbo it, or supercharge it.

ATMA

Mar 30, 2008
michigan
RedEj8;981583 said:
I think an s2000 motor with the 6-speed would be a good swap for that car. Engine would probably fit in there pretty nicely. :) If you dont think it has enough power then turbo it, or supercharge it.

i think im going to go w/ the 18/20B engine or w/e get a 6 speed from what ive been reading up on it SHOULD just fit not to mention light and powerful id love to do a H4 boxer engine w/ AWD but that would take alot more time and money converting

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
18b? 4wd? wtf guy... Okay how old are you and how much do you think you have for this.
My friend has one of these cars. They are TINY inside the engine bay.

ATMA

Mar 30, 2008
michigan
CryoSlash;981742 said:
18b? 4wd? wtf guy... Okay how old are you and how much do you think you have for this.
My friend has one of these cars. They are TINY inside the engine bay.

18/20B are small rotary engines i was suggested to put a STI engine and drive train in it but that would be way to much fucking work.

btw im 19 ive been in the garage wrenching w/ my dad since i was old enough to hold one. and i have plenty of money as i run and own a web design and programing studio

ATMA

Mar 30, 2008
michigan
i did some more research and found that a japanese company droped a 13B into one of these and it fit great

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
ATMA;981758 said:
18/20B are small rotary engines i was suggested to put a STI engine and drive train in it but that would be way to much fucking work.

btw im 19 ive been in the garage wrenching w/ my dad since i was old enough to hold one. and i have plenty of money as i run and own a web design and programing studio

I know what rotaries are. there is no 18b.
Ditch this idea.

Big Rob

Feb 26, 2006
Melbourne
I cant be bothered reading all of these posts but if it hasn't been all ready suggested, get a 1.3lt hyabussa engine and drop it in.
Atleast one company in england has done this, also there are people out there who turbocharge these things to around 500hp and do nearlly 300km/hr on the back wheel, bike that is.