possibly supra powered cappuccino

What engine should i drop into an Suzuki cappuccino?

• H4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13B

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • SR20DET

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • RB26DETT (if it'll fit)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • 7M

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • 1JZ

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • 2JZ

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Put a tri rotor 13B based Mazda Rotary with a GT4088 turbo on there. :)

Small engine, not much tourqe, but in a light car like that, who cares? It would be 500+hp possible, and the motor is about as big as a mini keg of beer.

Short of that, get a Busa motor, turbo charge it, and put that in your car :) Say 350hp, and super light motor... :)

The SR20DET has been done to death, but it's a good motor, that's for sure.

I doubt you will fit a I6 engine into this car.

Now, if you really want to become a drag race terror, find a used/wrecked STI, and go apeshit coverting your cup O Java to a AWD sleeper with the little Subaru motor tucked up front.. You might have to modify the frame rails, and apron to make the engine sit forward of the front tires, but that will line up the transaxle just right, and you can use your existing rear suspension as long as the gear ratios are right for the front axle.

Can you imagine a light weight, AWD car with say 350hp?

It would be a blast at the track, and anywhere else for that matter.

ATMA

Mar 30, 2008
michigan
csr ma71;980765 said:
Only if you plan to race against a panda AE86 in the rain might your Cappuccino stand a chance of winning.

haha i totaly forgot about initial D but i original heard about this car from a friend of mine xD and looked into it we were trying to find a good car to make a terror of the street and track

i really like the idea of using an STI lol its entirely possible maybe but i would have to do alot more work and spend ALOT more money but it would be cool none the less xD

ATMA

Mar 30, 2008
michigan
i already have an 88' 200sx se w/ a built up engine and tranmission, we swapped out the VQ v6 for a 300zx engine making 350hp

i want to do something new and different i want a very very light powerful car

i also have a friend who imports cars for others and stuff and she can readily get one for me at any time for about $3000 and another $200 for shipping

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
Rennat;980863 said:
why not get a 240z? ae86? miata? those are all readily available... sure you dont have a "cappuccion"... but it seems like you want power more than anything.

What he said.

Shoehorning pretty much anything else in the front of a car like the Cappuccino is going to screw up the handling no end - A 2JZ is roughly a Third of the original weight of the Cappuccino... Can you say understeer?

If you want a lightweight fast car, buy a miata and turbocharge it.

ATMA

Mar 30, 2008
michigan
like i said i had only considered the supra engines as a possibility but hearing suggestions from others makes me reconsider things. nothing is going to change my mind about a cappuccino its self and i drift on the side so under/over steer wont be a huge issue a small powerful weekend warrior is what im after cant u just understand this? ;p and the cappuccino fits the bill i dont mind spending a bit of money for doing things i like having a challenge and this is a good challenge :)

at the moment im just getting all my data down on paper and figuring out stuff but i wont be able to acfualy decide on an engine until i order the car

improved

Running!
Apr 4, 2005
California
ATMA;980468 said:
it was only released in the UK and japan and yes im going to get one imported

this is a cappuccino
cap_1.jpg

The car reminds me of the BMW Z3, M-Edition.

Matt-

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
dude there absolutely tiny theres 1 where i live no way is a 6pot gonna fit in there hehe. rotary maybe :) pluss you will save weight with the rotory engine. just my opinion

ATMA

Mar 30, 2008
michigan
Shima;980994 said:
dude there absolutely tiny theres 1 where i live no way is a 6pot gonna fit in there hehe. rotary maybe :) pluss you will save weight with the rotory engine. just my opinion

yea i never considered a rotary i was considering a 4 cylinder but i MIGHT be able to sqeeze a 6 in there if i push things

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Okay, Fuck what anyone says.

It all comes down to, because you can and you want to!

Thats what everyone said to Mike U., and the first dude to do a SR20 swap in socal, and look at the hype now. ;)

But i vote Rotary!

BoostnLoose

Feb 13, 2006
Canada
2jz wont fit! the 660cc 3cyl is decently tight in there already! if your really concidering this then before u buy one come up here to canada. Theres a few importers that have them in and just take one for a test drive. im 5"11 and it was tight inside the cappuccino! and it's about the size of a smart car!

ATMA

Mar 30, 2008
michigan
i just added a poll to see what ppl would suggest as a motor ive included non supra engines also :/

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
csr ma71;980765 said:
Only if you plan to race against a panda AE86 in the rain might your Cappuccino stand a chance of winning.

The rain was the reason the Cappucino lost.

Also... Ford GT with Engine Level 9 = Shits on Cappucino with I6 Swap

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
here comes the rain on this parade.

I am more curious as how you are going to get that car in the United States past customs as looking through the approved list. That car is not on it....... It is not even on the pending list as of march 08!

Dot Certification
EPA Certification
Duty and taxation.

Post pics up of it when you have it in your hand. I for one wish you ALL the luck in the world.