Please help me identify these wire harness plugs (pics)

87_7MGTE

SOLD :(
Mar 30, 2005
Bellingham, WA
hey, i asked this a little bit ago on here, but still could never find an answer. hopefully this post will make a little more sense.

im making a new harness for my ecu, and i need to know what 2 of them do, hopefully more specifically, what each wire does.

bonus question: i have a 89 NA pigtail for the big square gray plug, but it is slightly different. does anyone know the difference between an 89NA and 90T? (there is only a 3 wire difference, NAhas 3 more wires)
here is the NA plug:
p94058_1.jpg

these are the 2 plugs:

edit: thx isnms for catching this pic:

p94058_2.jpg

p94058_3.jpg

p94058_4.jpg

p94058_5.jpg

Last edited:

87_7MGTE

SOLD :(
Mar 30, 2005
Bellingham, WA
i know, B1 does look like the top 89, but why is the 90t different? isnt the big square gray plug the body plug? i thought all 89+gray plug ECUs were supposed to have the same body harness?

also, if the wire colors are the same on both plugs, do you think the wires go to the same place?

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
When I wired in my alarm, I found a couple of plugs in the drivers kick panel that were different than the online 89 tewd. Mine is a 91. Luckily I had bought the factory service manual and tewd for my specific year.
87_7MGTE said:
also, if the wire colors are the same on both plugs, do you think the wires go to the same place?
I wouldn't be comfortable in assuming this.

edit: when I get home this evening, I'll look to see if those plugs are in the 91 tewd.

edit,edit: hey you changed the link to your second pic
and what, no credit for someone letting you know?

Last edited:

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
I have an early 89 with all grey plugs. I used an 88 harness with all yellow plugs. They all plugged together with no problems, but that big plug in the first pic, I had to move some pins around cause a few were in the wrong places. I have like 3 or 4 wires that were not used.